How to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur - RoRG

Wizard
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
request sent, pls inv. :D
Hey guys, I just requested to join.

Thanks
Split Farming A1/Normal is the answer.

I was "against" doing bounties at normal previously but It goes really, REALLY fast. That's how I got mine today.
05/17/2014 06:53 AMPosted by Junger
Got a ring in 2 hours, but still wondering about my above question.

Did you open them at the hour mark even if a legendary dropped or waited till you went an hour without one?

The more caches with Junger Rules the better your chances IMO. The 1 hour mark is just kind of a minimum benchmark for doing this.

Also try to do at least T2 right now, the loot buffs are just too good and if you have decent gear, there is not much difference in clear speed.

Good luck everyone!

I would suggest start doing this after Thursday:) Right now the random leg drop when doing bounties ironically works against our odds of getting the ring. Plus, the leg rate from cache didn't get buffed.
05/17/2014 08:31 PMPosted by Kobune

The more caches with Junger Rules the better your chances IMO. The 1 hour mark is just kind of a minimum benchmark for doing this.

Also try to do at least T2 right now, the loot buffs are just too good and if you have decent gear, there is not much difference in clear speed.

Good luck everyone!

I would suggest start doing this after Thursday:) Right now the random leg drop when doing bounties ironically works against our odds of getting the ring. Plus, the leg rate from cache didn't get buffed.

No I disagree. T2 cache chances were buffed. It's in the patch notes. Also I think the 100% buff applies, similar to why I think the pity timer applies. Yes there's a chance to get a leg outside of cache but you can minimize it by following Junger Rules. This is the whole point of my OP.
I am vouching for this now. Opened probably around 100 caches prior to reading this. Couple of scepters, couple of gorgets. Starting yesterday, I followed the method except I ran bounties in single player. When a leg would drop, I'd reset the clock. It made the game very interesting to be hoping for nothing to drop. If it had only been 10 minutes or so since the last leg, I'd pop all chests and break all containers. As it got closer to an hour, I'd just run straight to the objectives. The first time I crossed the hour mark I finished up that bounty run and then opened 6 caches. Got another scepter. The second time I crossed an hour (maybe 1:15ish), I opened 7 caches and got my first RoRG. One case does not prove a damn thing, but I'm just saying it can't hurt.
any1 wanting to team up and run these rules act 1 let me know. PM indy#1823
It's rather likely that bounties don't actually roll their contents when you get them from Tyriael, and rather when you open them. This is because of practical reasons: bounty bags only remembering the act and difficulty they're from take up much less server space than if they'd also contain all the items, affixes and values. Thus, you don't really do much with this method, except trying to avoid triggering the rested legendary timer, so you can open your bags at the end of the splitfarm session and get your legendary. You could just farm your bags like normal, while getting a decent number of oranges while farming, but then keep them in your inventory until the perfect moment arises- a long time without legendary drop and/or a legendary "window", so to speak.
With that method, I regularly get 3-4 legendaries out of like a measly 10 T2 bags. Sadly, that damn ring just won't drop for me, but at least I can outfit all my characters and followers with the mad monarch's scepter.
In that case it shouldn't really matter whether or not you open chests / break objects, so long as you don't receive a legendary for 1 hour +
Pretty much. It changes the victory condition from "Don't get any legendaries while farming the bags" to "don't get any legendaries for x amount of time before opening the bags"
How about saving caches, might not be in a day, but collected over few days. Login say from a few hours break, go to a map do killing white mobs while avoiding killing champs/ elites/ goblins, no popping of chests, breakables and so on for at least 1 hour, then open caches? would this kick the 'pity loot' in?
In my experience, there's usually a window where you'll get increased magic find/legendary droprates. It appears after not getting a drop for a while, but also right after logging in and playing for the first time in a day- shortly thereafter I most of the times get 1-3 legendaries. So, the easiest way to do this would be farming the bags the day before, doing a rift or something right after starting to play, and opening your bags right after you got your first legendary. That's how I usually get a neat burst of orange stars.
05/18/2014 03:39 AMPosted by Kopiooo
How about saving caches, might not be in a day, but collected over few days. Login say from a few hours break, go to a map do killing white mobs while avoiding killing champs/ elites/ goblins, no popping of chests, breakables and so on for at least 1 hour, then open caches? would this kick the 'pity loot' in?

Possibly.
One thing is for certain who you farm with doesn't affect what is in the cache.
Who opens it is important.
Which act the cache was farmed from is important
What level the cache was farmed at is important (cache farmed by low level toon will always drop low level items).

For info:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673779044
120 caches farmed by a DH but opened by a WD. Smart Loot drops were clearly in favor of the WD.
I personally have done the same thing (farmed with a WD, opened with a different class) and Smart Loot drops is always based on the class that opens the cache.
So much rage is ensuing right now, finally got my first RoRG 322 paragon in and it rolls dex. I haven't played anything aside my wizard post RoS....

That being said I have about 10 spare Skele king amulets... thanks RNJesus
Ok so i've been getting back and forth info, can you get a level 70 RoRG from Act1 Normal runs? Or only from torment ones?
I was reading this thread and I thought to myself would it be easier to gather up say... 50 caches and then afk for about 2 hours... you know just moving about a little to not get a DC. Then after the pity timer is tripped just open them all at once?
05/17/2014 11:44 PMPosted by Junger

No I disagree. T2 cache chances were buffed. It's in the patch notes. Also I think the 100% buff applies, similar to why I think the pity timer applies. Yes there's a chance to get a leg outside of cache but you can minimize it by following Junger Rules. This is the whole point of my OP.

05/16/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Grimiku
You're correct! The anniversary buff does not influence the Legendary drop rate from Kadala or Horadric Caches. It's good to keep this in mind as you adventure through Sanctuary over the duration of the anniversary celebration.

I hope everyone is enjoying the buff, killing lots of monsters, and finding tons of loot. Happy anniversary, Diablo community!

I don't know exactly how much buff T2+ caches now receive, but based on the dev strategy in the past, I would guess still ~15% per level (~20% blood shards per level right?). The 100% buff for this week doesn't apply to caches, if we believe the CMs really have the accurate info about how the game works (sometimes not e.g. the roll of cache drops). The point of my post was just that right now legs rain when you are just killing 150 trash mobs to finish the bounty. It would be much easier to follow these rules when the buff is gone :)

05/18/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Kieble
Ok so i've been getting back and forth info, can you get a level 70 RoRG from Act1 Normal runs? Or only from torment ones?

As long as you get the caches with a level 70 char, caches from Normal will drop level 70 RORG.
I was just curious about testing this some more. Ran some Act IV bounties solo, let about an hour pass without seeing a leg, opened a normal game and let a lone mob beat on me for an extra 15 minutes while I ate supper just to be sure, popped 4 caches - got a crappy ACT III leg dagger. Still, that's 3 for 3 on leg drops from cache bundles after the one hour mark. Once with 7 caches, once with 6, once with 4. Legendary each round. It's a small enough sample size to be worthless, but I'm wearing my tinfoil for now.
That link to the the post by Grimiku is helpful, thanks.
bump for a friend :)