2.0.5 TormentDrops From Kadala?

General Discussion
The patch notes say that Kadala can now drop Torment Specific Legendaries...
Isn't that supposed to be caches?

Did they Typo?
Not sure. Furthermore, does that mean I can find class set items such as vyrs and tals for a wizard from kadala?
05/13/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Gazly

Did they Typo?

its both.

Kalada and caches can give you set items and legend torment specific.

For Caches you need to farm min T1 .
05/13/2014 01:09 PMPosted by DragonLight
05/13/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Gazly

Did they Typo?

its both.

Kalada and caches can give you set items and legend torment specific.

For Caches you need to farm min T1 .

Perfect. Thanks!

05/13/2014 01:04 PMPosted by Nifty
Not sure. Furthermore, does that mean I can find class set items such as vyrs and tals for a wizard from kadala?

Yes, if the afore-quoted response is true which I find reasonable.
05/13/2014 01:08 PMPosted by justjoddat
well i've done 2 t4 rift then about 6 t2 rifts and i only got 1 leg...so rng is rng

i did get an earthquake glove from kadala though

If anyone is interested and yes apparently someone found a class specific set from kadala already.
I've gotten two EQ pieces in 15 minutes of RiF spending blood shards.

Both were gotten from Kadala.

What pisses me off, is they said they were going to increase loot/legendary drops in CACHES. Now they say you have to farm T2-T6 to get this "increase chance"?

Wtf...

Whoever above said "oh yea farm T1 and you'll get those set legendaries out of the caches", yea you're completely wrong. READ THE PATCH NOTES.

"Now have a chance to drop Legendary items in T2-T6", this is right under Horadric Caches.
So the question is... can you blast through rifts on normal/low level collecting shards and then create a game on Torment and receive Torment-only legendaries?

Because if so, that's kinda messed up...

Obviously, RiF would be the dominant method of farming shards, but you could potentially do it solo as well rather effectively.
Cache's loot is spawned at creation of the cache.

This wasn't the case at release, as you could take normal caches to Torment and get the imperial gems or w/e they are.
05/13/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Tyreal
I've gotten two EQ pieces in 15 minutes of RiF spending blood shards.

Both were gotten from Kadala.

What pisses me off, is they said they were going to increase loot/legendary drops in CACHES. Now they say you have to farm T2-T6 to get this "increase chance"?

Wtf...

Whoever above said "oh yea farm T1 and you'll get those set legendaries out of the caches", yea you're completely wrong. READ THE PATCH NOTES.

"Now have a chance to drop Legendary items in T2-T6", this is right under Horadric Caches.

The higher the torment, the more rewarding. I don't see an issue with this.
There was not a typo in the patch notes, and Kadala can now drop Torment restricted items! This includes class set items, too.

I'd like to try and clarify something about Horadric Caches as well. They now have a bonus chance for a Legendary item that starts at Torment II+, but the Torment restricted items can drop from a Horadric Cache obtained in Torment I.
05/13/2014 02:12 PMPosted by Grimiku
but the Torment restricted items can drop from a Horadric Cache obtained in Torment I.

That little tidbit actually isn't anywhere in the patch notes which is why people were confused.

Could you possibly have it edited by whoever wrote it? (Probably Neva)
There was not a typo in the patch notes, and Kadala can now drop Torment restricted items! This includes class set items, too.

I'd like to try and clarify something about Horadric Caches as well. They now have a bonus chance for a Legendary item that starts at Torment II+, but the Torment restricted items can drop from a Horadric Cache obtained in Torment I.

can she drop them from shards farmed on any difficulty?
05/13/2014 02:15 PMPosted by marmoset

Yes, it doesn't matter if you have the difficulty set to Normal, or set to Torment or even whether or not you got those Blood Shards in Normal.

You have the same chance to produce a Torment level item as her drop chance and loot tables are not affected by difficulty whatsoever.
05/13/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Drothvader

Yes, it doesn't matter if you have the difficulty set to Normal, or set to Torment or even whether or not you got those Blood Shards in Normal.

You have the same chance to produce a Torment level item as her drop chance and loot tables are not affected by difficulty whatsoever.

thanks Droth, it's nice to see someone answer :D
05/13/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Drothvader

Didn't you say you were quitting a while back?

LOl, really? blood shards are like currency.. it's like asking could i use this death breath that i got on normal with this lvl.70 item i'm trying to re-roll?? ... i mean logic..guy

That explains a lot tbh ... thank you very much for the post Blue ~
So, this kind of sucks in a way. I already have tons of set pieces. More than I need. And I've already spent 20k shards trying to get ice climbers. So now that torment only items are factored in the drop chances have changed. For wizard ice climbers go from 1.96% to 1.64% This effectively lowered my chance of getting ice climbers by about 20%.
05/13/2014 02:20 PMPosted by koros

LOl, really? blood shards are like currency.. it's like asking could i use this death breath that i got on normal with this lvl.70 item i'm trying to re-roll?? ... i mean logic..guy

Oh thank you lord of logic for blessing this thread with your presence

OMG OMG it's LIKE CURRENCY! wow...mind... blown

and if you think anything about this or ANY game follows rules of logic...just wow
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673099698

also

by logical extension. Torment only legs are now not torment only since they can be gotten from playing non-torment difficulties.