Turn in those blacksmith plans right away...

General Discussion
Just a friendly reminder, with the legendary drop anniversary bonus, and the big increase in blacksmith plan drop rates... be sure to turn in the plans as soon as they drop. Otherwise you'll end up like me, wasting a perfectly good legendary drop on a plan that already dropped a few minutes earlier in the same rift.
Had this same problem even before the buff.

Now I rarely see plans drop, prolly not many left. :D
Legendary plans and crafting mats do not count as a legendary drop (ie your timer for a guaranteed legend doesn't reset when you get a plan or mat)
I've had copies drop even after training the smith....
Thats REALLY annoying indeed. I can't understand the reason this even happens in the first place, smells like broken RNG.
05/16/2014 09:43 AMPosted by BadLing
Legendary plans and crafting mats do not count as a legendary drop (ie your timer for a guaranteed legend doesn't reset when you get a plan or mat)

Aha, that's good to know, but now what is there to nerd rage about? How about "Grrrr, got another plan for the same ceremonial knife, when I could have gotten a plan for something my wizard can actually use instead!"
05/16/2014 09:44 AMPosted by Themisto
Thats REALLY annoying indeed. I can't understand the reason this even happens in the first place, smells like broken RNG.

Well not the RNG so to speak. That only is looking to see what you have LEARNED. Since learned plans are account based, what you are asking is that before a plan drops, instead of just checking your account to see if you have it learned, you want them to check every slot in your inventory, then every slot in every character on your account's inventory to see if the plan is present...oh AND check to see if you learned it.

Sorry, Blizzard is handing you the toilet paper the rest is up to you.
Sorry Blizzard is handing you the toilet paper the wiping is up to you.

C'mon, the crafting plans aren't all that bad :-)
05/16/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Voltara
Just a friendly reminder, with the legendary drop anniversary bonus, and the big increase in blacksmith plan drop rates... be sure to turn in the plans as soon as they drop. Otherwise you'll end up like me, wasting a perfectly good legendary drop on a plan that already dropped a few minutes earlier in the same rift.

Just happened to me yesterday too. Created game specific loot? Seems fishy
http://splur.gy/r/wzmdb/r/2LZ6mgKp2WY

The pity timer doesn't reset, that's right.

However there's no way to prove that, had those plans not been on your loot table, you wouldn't have obtained a legendary, or is there? It's better to just turn them in just in case...
I got two sunder plans within a few minutes of each other. I held on to the second, drop it in front of people after we've killed something, and watch them try to pick it up for however long they fall for it. Good times.

For good measure...

lol the timer only affects you if you haven't gotten a leg for 4 hours... no relevance
The pity timer doesn't reset, that's right.

However there's no way to prove that, had those plans not been on your loot table, you wouldn't have obtained a legendary, or is there? It's better to just turn them in just in case...

I'm going to guess if the game was determined to give you a plan, it would just roll another one instead. Not a big loss.

Unless you have all the plans already, in which case the servers will crash and your tool will be deleted.
05/16/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Voltara

Legendary plans do NOT compete with legendary drops; they are separate.

HOWEVER, legendary drop plans do compete with other legendary drop plans; so no point in holding on to one so you can't get the Asheara's or Aughilds to drop if you need them :s
05/16/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Tizzy

Crafting recipe's are not on the same loot table as Legendary items, so they never compete against each other when items are dropped.
I'd rather hold onto the crafting plans! I like the way they look in my inventory! If I put them in my stash like you suggest then they will be useless!!!