Did Blizzard get lazy with Crusader?

Crusader
If you inspect heroes from the main menu you can see that all the other classes have male and female splash art to the left of the gear, but the crusader just has some default art for both male and female crusaders. I don't feel like playing my female crusader anymore because Blizzard thinks she's a second class hero. :(
Bumping for Blizzard community guy to pass this word along. They usually have such high levels of polish...
If I'm correct, the Blizzard Team working on Diablo 3 right now is a tiny fraction of the team that used to work on it. So they are technically working double time with little chance to test many of the balancing changes themselves, just so they can push out balancing patches at an acceptable rate for the extremely demanding player base. The players are basically their game testers. IOW, art is probably at the bottom of their priority list.
05/18/2014 04:57 AMPosted by SentientLore
If I'm correct, the Blizzard Team working on Diablo 3 right now is a tiny fraction of the team that used to work on it. So they are technically working double time with little chance to test many of the balancing changes themselves, just so they can push out balancing patches at an acceptable rate for the extremely demanding player base. The players are basically their game testers. IOW, art is probably at the bottom of their priority list.

This. Very little new art actually comes along, and if you look at new class kill art, most of it is reused and simply retextured, or pretty simple. Icicles, retextured archon, etc.
I would like to point out, in the spirit of the thread, almost all of our actual armor graphics are flat out copy and paste from other classes.

Most notable, the Warlord and Sovereign armor tier's were stolen from Demon Hunter. As well as many of our helmets direct ports from DH and Barbs.
Wow, I didn't even notice these things. Wow I didn't know D3 was in such a sad shape. What the hell are they putting all their manpower too? If it's WoW I'm done. It's so old and clunky, it needs to die.
05/18/2014 07:57 PMPosted by RobotDCLXVI
Wow, I didn't even notice these things. Wow I didn't know D3 was in such a sad shape. What the hell are they putting all their manpower too? If it's WoW I'm done. It's so old and clunky, it needs to die.

WoW is probably the only reason why they can even afford to have a small team working on this game. Without a RMAH generating them a constant supply of cash, investing resources on D3 is technically providing a net loss, especially if it pulls players away from a WoW subscription to a free D3. They still have to have someone working on D3 for two reasons. Reputation, which is important for a business' survival, and the hopes that more people will buy D3 and/or RoS to play it, which is tied into the reputation bit.
05/18/2014 08:27 PMPosted by SentientLore
investing resources on D3 is technically providing a net loss, especially if it pulls players away from a WoW subscription to a free D3.

While that is an important point to make, and it is certainly true, there is no reason D3 can't have a purely transmog/cool-things based micro-transaction shop. It is certainly keeping Path of Exile not only alive, but thriving.

Considering how much smaller of a player base PoE probably has compared to D3, if D3 had a cash shop Blizzard could probably add a couple more Yacht to there fleet.
You don't want to play Crusader anymore because the art on the character screen isn't flashy enough? You've got to be kidding.