[Mac] Rift crash

Mac Technical Support
1 2 3 15 Next
If you are still crashing after porting in or out of a rift, please post your crash report ID.

5/20/14 Update: We'd like to gather further Mac system information and logs. Please see Machkhan's update for details.

Thanks!
I don't get a crash report. When I port into a rift the game freezes up in the loading screen and I have restart the computer. I have a new imac with up to date software. It does 90% of the time I try to join someone in a rift. I can run bounties with no issue, but it freezes during the loading screen, and I have to reboot the computer. Please fix this.
I don't get a crash report either. When I try to port out of a rift, the loading screen completely freezes and I have to force quit the game.
Same here. I have to do a hard reboot. I have a 2012 Macbook Pro.
Were you freezing before 2.0.5?
This is the most ridiculous blue post I've ever seen on Mac support forum.
Do you guys really PLAY this game ?
If so how come you think there is the crash report LOL.
The loading screen freezes and I have to force quit the game and don't get any crash report ID.

Are you !@#$ing kidding me ?
05/19/2014 07:17 PMPosted by S4d1k
If you are still crashing after porting in or out of a rift, please post your crash report ID.

Where is this located?

I completely freeze up and forced to force quit the app.
After update to 2.0.5, I have the same problem.
Still having this problem after 2.0.5 too
05/19/2014 07:55 PMPosted by S4d1k
We're you freezing before 2.0.5?

I've personally been having rift freezing problems since RoS came out, however it has increased significantly with the latest patch.

Yes.

05/19/2014 08:17 PMPosted by BritneyFox
This is the most ridiculous blue post I've ever seen on Mac support forum.
Do you guys really PLAY this game ?
If so how come you think there is the crash report LOL.
The loading screen freezes and I have to force quit the game and don't get any crash report ID.

Are you !@#$ing kidding me ?

This
I did not have any problems at all prior to patch 2.0.5.24017. Now the game is unplayable for me, the game crashes and forces my computer to reboot within 5 minutes of a game, no matter if i try to do rifts, bountys, waiting in town etc.
This all started Sunday morning.
I do not have any logs as non seem to be generated. I normally play from an iMac, but tried on my macbook pro as well as mac book air all has the sa,e behavior.
I have tried all the hints that i can find to resolve this but nothing helps.
This is extremely frustrating and I hope you can solve it asap. Prior the above mentioned patch everything was working fine for me.

From posts on the PC forum there seems to be plenty of people having the same issue on that platform too.
I went about a whole week without the rift problem, but just happened to me again right now. Here's a screenshot of where the game freezes and I have to force quit http://imgur.com/ysK0y7d

Heres a screenshot from my other post (link below) when I was having the same problem http://imgur.com/a/HcEnz
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12249685017?page=8

Several posters indicate that there seems to be another issue not related to OoM, where they flat out freeze from rifts even with memory showing 2 gigs or under still. These users state that the issue started with 2.0.4 and persists in 2.0.5. Perhaps related to your first batch of changes to fix OoM?

From what I can see, hard to say if OoM is still occurring or not, and the remaining rift hangs are a newer issue possibly related to the OoM fixes. I suppose that's up to you to figure out.

It's always a hang, no crash report ID. Although I may be curious to find out if anything appears in console.app when it happens actually. Have any of you experiencing issue checked console.log right after a hang?
I've also been experiencing this issue lately. Mine seemed to have started after 2.0.5 though. It's only happened ~3 times in single player and seems to happen more frequently in multi. Typically it happens after a rift guardian has been downed and I'm porting to town after finishing out the rift or if bags are full, but as i mentioned it is after the RG was killed.
2014/05/20 15:53:55.000 kernel[0]: process Diablo III[2921] thread 336166 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback
My system locks up compeltely, and I have to hard reboot to get any result..
Have this as well in the console log:

5/19/14 8:17:39.000 PM kernel[0]: process Diablo III[26621] thread 10006449 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback
Same here, every 2nd or 3th rift the loading screen freezes....

It happened before 2.0.5 sometimes, but now is really hard to play. I play hc, so I don't know if Im ported to the rift when the screen freezes.....Hopefully not, other ways I ll lose my chars soon...