[Mac] Rift crash

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 10 11 12 15 Next
05/31/2014 02:07 PMPosted by MysticalOS
05/30/2014 10:49 AMPosted by PKP
Exactly this.

How is it helpful to constantly post "nothing new to report". It's better use of time to report only when there IS something new to say. They don't pay developers to visit forums in their off time, and doing so while working means less time actually developing/fixing things. When they have an actual update that's meaningful, they will post.

I disagree - more posts shows how widespread this problem is, how it majorly impacts the average play - want more?

O BTW

CRASHED AGAIN

What progress have you made - give us the details. Take about 5 minutes to let us know.
FYI - crashed again
The same here : freezing after a Rift TP. I have 2 iMacs 13.2 (Core i7 3,4 GHz, 16 Go, Geforce GTX 680MX), same problem on both.

The problem is more common since the last patch. I have analyzed Logs and don't find anything. I have no specific logs about Diablo. The game crashes and that's all.

Around me, everyone buys more Macs and Diablo is often part of their favorite games. Even today, we only represent 8% of the players?

Good luck Blizzard for searching a real solution.
Same problem here. Macbook pro late 2013, Core i7 2.3Ghz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB, Mac OS X 10.9.3.

I NEVER crash before last patch but I crash EVERYTIME now. I cannot go back to town to empty my bag because I will crash and lose everything. Please fix asap.
I only have the rift problem with my witch doctor. I tried around 15 times with that char. I deleted everything and reinstalled battle net and diablo. And still the loading screen freezes when entering the rift. However i can enter rifts with all my other chars. The only way to enter a rift with my witch doctor is being in a party.

27 inch Imac 3,5 GHz I7
Geforce GTX 780M 4096 MB

I have this problem since a few days.
(there are no error messages in the logs)
is this going to be resolved?

This has cost be probably 500 rift keys. Just lost 5 which prompted me to post here.
05/31/2014 02:07 PMPosted by MysticalOS
05/30/2014 10:49 AMPosted by PKP
Exactly this.

How is it helpful to constantly post "nothing new to report". It's better use of time to report only when there IS something new to say. They don't pay developers to visit forums in their off time, and doing so while working means less time actually developing/fixing things. When they have an actual update that's meaningful, they will post.

05/31/2014 10:46 AMPosted by skillzgamer
Such a bummer. In a week, not even so much as a peep from a blue. Can you at least acknowledge the problem?? If a fix is a month away, just say it. If you'll never fix it, just say that. But silence is just unnacceptable.

Pretty sure they have acknowledged the problem, this very thread is proof of that.

You should probably always assume that if issue ONLY affects mac, it's "a month away". :\. Our issues never get emergency patches like windows issues do so we always have to wait for next major patch for them to be included. I'll tell you this now, even if they fixed this bug 2 weeks ago, you'd still be waiting until 2.0.6 or 2.1 to see it because pushing a patch is a major ordeal and mac users have and always will be second class citizens to game companies. I hate this too but such is the nature of business for the 5-8% that we are :\.

However, I'm ever grateful blizzard supports us at all. Could be in a situation (cough wildstar) where company really couldn't care less.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Posting a quick 4-5 sentence update every once in a while is not going to hinder anything in development. It takes a few minutes. It will however make people feel better (in my opinion and the opinion of other people who are upset that we haven't heard anything in over a week). It does not just have to be a "nothing new to report." Saying we have tested ________ and nothing is working would be fine. Saying we have tested ________ and it looks like all of these "community fixes" people are suggesting won't actually work would be even better. If developers can't handle 5 minutes to post every few days because it would hinder development then blizz should hire someone who can.

The best way to keep people playing your game, especially when it is broken and people can't even play part of the game, is to make the customer feel better. Posting updates does this. Staying quiet and keeping people in the dark does not.

*Edit: Oh and by the way, besides them asking people to submit their crash info, have we had any update to them being able to replicate the problem? As far as I remember the last info we got was that they couldn't replicate the problem in hours of playing. An update to that would be great -- not sure how people like myself crash nearly every game and they don't. Or do they drop now too?
Still crashing....
Getting ridiculous
Crashing with no errors as well - every time it hits B.NET there's a warning of an update every single time.
3rd consecutive rift that has crashed while porting out. I didn't get any quest completion rewards.
Move your mouse cursor to any corner of the screen and keep it there during the loading screen. My client has stopped crashing since I started doing this.

On occasion, I had noticed that the client crashes whenever the mouse pointer was hovering over anything that would cause tooltips to pop up onscreen at the exact time your game screen loads up after porting out. I couldn't confirm if this is the actual cause, but I'm just glad I'm no longer crashing.
Hey all,

Thank you for everyone who has been providing the crash logs to the email address and in this thread. Our Mac Engineers have been parsing through everything that's been submitted and are working toward another round of fixes in an upcoming build. As we get closer to a new resolution, we'll provide additional updates and check in to test it's successes. Thank you for hanging in there with us as we work together on a fix!
kewl.
06/01/2014 07:48 PMPosted by Glaxigrav
Hey all,

Thank you for everyone who has been providing the crash logs to the email address and in this thread. Our Mac Engineers have been parsing through everything that's been submitted and are working toward another round of fixes in an upcoming build. As we get closer to a new resolution, we'll provide additional updates and check in to test it's successes. Thank you for hanging in there with us as we work together on a fix!
Honestly, I'm a little confused by this, because I don't think anyone is able to provide crash logs, since the system doesn't crash, it hangs.

But either way, I'm glad to see you check in. Look forward to a resolution soon.
06/01/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Soulblade
Move your mouse cursor to any corner of the screen and keep it there during the loading screen. My client has stopped crashing since I started doing this.

On occasion, I had noticed that the client crashes whenever the mouse pointer was hovering over anything that would cause tooltips to pop up onscreen at the exact time your game screen loads up after porting out. I couldn't confirm if this is the actual cause, but I'm just glad I'm no longer crashing.

I think your joking...

2nd try using your method - froze...

Blizzard - You Mac Software Team Sucks - FYI
Another freeze with a Rift TP. Music are still playing, cursor can move, but the loading screen is freezing. I have kill D3 with CMD+ALT+ESC. You can see my console log below :

02/06/2014 23:22:16,002 WindowServer[94]: MPAccessSurfaceForDisplayDevice: Set up page flip mode on display 0x042c0140 device: 0x7fbb33723d20 isBackBuffered: 1 numComp: 3 numDisp: 3

02/06/2014 23:22:36,472 WindowServer[94]: Display 0x42c0140 captured by conn 0x1ae2b

02/06/2014 23:29:56,000 kernel[0]: process Diablo III[1478] thread 146563 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

02/06/2014 23:44:42,000 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=1550[GoogleSoftwareUp] final status 0x0, allowing (remove VALID) page

02/06/2014 23:49:14,700 WindowServer[94]: MPAccessSurfaceForDisplayDevice: Set up page flip mode on display 0x042c0140 device: 0x7fbb33723d20 isBackBuffered: 1 numComp: 3 numDisp: 3

02/06/2014 23:49:14,788 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[147]: (com.blizzard.diablo3.3728.F7574B65-13DC-4331-927A-E290E4C29F28[1478]) Exited: Killed: 9

02/06/2014 23:49:14,953 WindowServer[94]: Display 0x42c0140 released by conn 0x1ae2b
06/01/2014 07:48 PMPosted by Glaxigrav
Hey all,

Thank you for your help, and support. Tell the developers I hope they patch soon!