[Mac] Rift crash

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
I just had to restart my iMac because I dared to teleport back to town to clear my bags (how dare I?!). This has been going on for so long now. Why has there been no blue response to address this?
Do you guys have any idea how frustrating this is? Do you realize what a black eye it gives to your corporate reputation? Do you know what bottom line profitability problems are caused by lack of consumer satisfaction? Do you know that the average dissatisfied consumer communicates to their peers at a much higher rate than satisfied consumers?

You should have weekly satisfaction tracking meetings with red alerts, yellow alerts, and green (resolved issues). You should assign individual owners to address red alert issues. Red alert issues are things like consumers unable to use your game because of repeated, replicable crashes. Nerfing character classes should fall so far down the priority list they don't even appear on the same page.

I just provided you with $100,000 + consulting advice. Act on it as if you actually paid for it. Your lack of attention to this issue is a breach of trust that will negatively affect the Blizzard brand, the Diablo 3 brand, and your bottom line.

Am I speaking in a language that gets your attention?
Why even offer this as a Mac product? I appreciate the effort, but if you can't clean up the rift hangs, it's not even worth it. Diablo 3's actual gameplay has drastically improved since it's expansion, but rifts are such a substantial part of RoS. Any sort of update would be nice. Some sort of time frame? Something that will let us decide to either weather the storm or uninstall.
27-inch, Late 2013
Processor 3 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048 MB
Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxx
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021)

.... Never happend before 2 days ago... :-/
I play on a 2013 MacBook Air and it usually crashes when I'm porting in or out of a rift and on average 2-3 times across the evening. My main concern is potential reputation damage when on rift if forward runs, luckily I've managed to get back in touch with the rift runner prior to them making a new rift and opening it for them where it has been my turn, but it's not a good thing to have to worry about it every time I'm in a run...
06/07/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Stormrider
I play on a 2013 MacBook Air and it usually crashes when I'm porting in or out of a rift and on average 2-3 times across the evening. My main concern is potential reputation damage when on rift if forward runs, luckily I've managed to get back in touch with the rift runner prior to them making a new rift and opening it for them where it has been my turn, but it's not a good thing to have to worry about it every time I'm in a run...

Yup - I always check if I am the one to reopen before going into rift...my typical msg

If I leave - I crashed - will be back to reopen - thanks

(cross my fingers)
We have tentatively scheduled patch 2.0.6 to launch this Tuesday, June 10th. Our Mac Engineers have embedded a new round of fixes into this client, and would like your feedback. Following Tuesday's maintenance, we will create a new thread to gauge feedback and see how the patch affects players who have been crashing in the past. We're looking forward to your feedback!
AWESOME! Thanks guys. Looking forward to this.
Still having this issue and now i see you are deleting posts about this lol
06/08/2014 12:48 PMPosted by Glaxigrav
We have [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13087708825?utm_source=Internal-TechForum&utm_medium=PostingSticky&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=060814"]tentatively scheduled patch 2.0.6 [/url]to launch this Tuesday, June 10th. Our Mac Engineers have embedded a new round of fixes into this client, and would like your feedback. Following Tuesday's maintenance, we will create a new thread to gauge feedback and see how the patch affects players who have been crashing in the past. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks
06/08/2014 07:48 PMPosted by DonDadda
Still having this issue and now i see you are deleting posts about this lol

DonDadda, your post was removed because it contained masked inappropriate language. We welcome feedback or frustration, just make sure to adhere to the Code of Conduct while doing so. I totally get the frustration, and that's why I didn't levy any suspensions or anything - just removed the inappropriate commentary.
I'm glad to see there will be a try to solve that (and I hope this works definitely).
But I have a question; there will be any chance blizz restores HC characters died by this bug/trouble same as the bug from US region that take out the gear of chars a few months ago?
I know the rules about restore HC dead chars, but...
06/08/2014 10:48 PMPosted by ElLobo76
any chance blizz restores HC characters

They will be revived for no reason, I'm sure you seen the disclaimer when you chose to roll a HC character hmm?
Very much looking forward to this patch. It was unmanageable for me on the OS X side so I used boot camp to run windows to play. It would be nice to get that space back on my ssd :)

Thanks again for the efforts.
06/09/2014 01:30 AMPosted by DrunkTank
06/08/2014 10:48 PMPosted by ElLobo76
any chance blizz restores HC characters

They will be revived for no reason, I'm sure you seen the disclaimer when you chose to roll a HC character hmm?

yes, i read the disclaimer,,, but blizz revived some dead chars on december aprox. Chars whom died by a bug. I think maybe this time can be the same… I really don't hope so, but I think if they made it once, it will be fair made it again.
YAY for the upcoming patch!

Lately, I have had great success... I wait till others enter OR leave rifts before I enter or leave!
It works for me! No freezes... (but did have only 1 the other day :-)
i have the same ... Go in Rift but canot get out without "force quit" ...

ps : I did put in "stereo" and lower the res. .... pffftt .... boring these stuff ....
Will the patch fix the thing where Class-Specific set items can be transmogged, but cannot be transmogged back to normal?
Is this Patch going to fix the Transmog bug?
06/06/2014 11:40 PMPosted by Suileabhain
Do you guys have any idea how frustrating this is? Do you realize what a black eye it gives to your corporate reputation? Do you know what bottom line profitability problems are caused by lack of consumer satisfaction? Do you know that the average dissatisfied consumer communicates to their peers at a much higher rate than satisfied consumers?

You should have weekly satisfaction tracking meetings with red alerts, yellow alerts, and green (resolved issues). You should assign individual owners to address red alert issues. Red alert issues are things like consumers unable to use your game because of repeated, replicable crashes. Nerfing character classes should fall so far down the priority list they don't even appear on the same page.

I just provided you with $100,000 + consulting advice. Act on it as if you actually paid for it. Your lack of attention to this issue is a breach of trust that will negatively affect the Blizzard brand, the Diablo 3 brand, and your bottom line.

Am I speaking in a language that gets your attention?
Yeah, 15 million in sales as of February 2014, and the vast vast vast bulk of those on non-Mac platforms. I'm thinking they're just humoring us. LOL :)