low DPS flayer or good dps TF

Witch Doctor
so, i had a flayer drop for me but unfortunately it had low dps and no socket, so i had to reroll for OS. I replace my 2.2k DPS TF for this and use exploding toads over RoT and TF. It procs FS much better and i almost always have a good size army out.

Dont really notice much a difference in kill speeds, but just really wanna know what would you guys use if you were in same situation? 2.2k TF/Rot or 1.9k Flayer/Exploding Toads? :P
Personally, I'd go with the Flayer. Since you seem to be using Explosive Toads atm, go ahead and re-roll those bracers into +Fire. You'd be better served building your gear around something like the Flayer, even if it's poorly rolled. Aside from that, I think the Flayer gives off more of that WD flavor. ;)

Just my 2 cents.
05/15/2014 08:13 PMPosted by kniv3s
Personally, I'd go with the Flayer. Since you seem to be using Explosive Toads atm, go ahead and re-roll those bracers into +Fire. You'd be better served building your gear around something like the Flayer, even if it's poorly rolled.

Just my 2 cents.

well cant reoll phy as FS are on phy and they are my main DPS source. :)
05/15/2014 08:15 PMPosted by Liquid
Personally, I'd go with the Flayer. Since you seem to be using Explosive Toads atm, go ahead and re-roll those bracers into +Fire. You'd be better served building your gear around something like the Flayer, even if it's poorly rolled.

Just my 2 cents.

well cant reoll phy as FS are on phy and they are my main DPS source. :)

Ah, yes. If you're not seeing much of a difference DPS-wise, you could always opt to use Addling Toads instead to get some more CC.
Good dps TF with RoT.

RoT has very good proc chance for on hit effects, and each TF proc does substantial damage, slows and gives 5 chances more to spawn a fetish. More weapon damage = higher pet damage as well.

The 20% attack speed slow will help your pets live longer too.

I'd still hold on to the flayer for being the addling toads bot in groups though.
100% depends on your build

take mine for instance, I don't use frogs or anything that procs tf much, and I tested my tf vs flayer and flayer was slightly better for my main doc
and each TF proc does substantial damage, slows and gives 5 chances more to spawn a fetish.

From what i can tell, TF lightnings dont proc fetishes. Ive tried several weapons with procs on them and the fetishes would just spawn with the same rate. I could be mistaken though.

05/15/2014 08:03 PMPosted by Liquid
Dont really notice much a difference in kill speeds

Thats because youre using a different element obv. Toads are great for fire and poison, not so great for phys. While fire and poison GREATLY increase your toad damage, your phys based build will still sit at 245% wpn damage on exploding toads. Pro: Your toads will seek out enemys. Con: No TF proc anymore. I say the damage in total is about the same.

Here are the proc chances of WD skills: http://www.d3maxstats.com/?p=procrates&class=wd

Note: TF has an internal proc chance of 60%. So even when using a skill with 100% proc rate, TF will only proc 60% of the time.

I dont see a big difference. Personally, i'd always go for the flayer, but thats just me.
I've been using both. Thunderfury for torments 1-4 for the dps and Flayer for torments 5-6 for crowd control.
Hmm, fair enough. RoT's naturally high proc rate will still keep you at 10-15 fetishes in most cases though, and the rest of my points are still valid imho.
View profile
I've been using both. Thunderfury for torments 1-4 for the dps and Flayer for torments 5-6 for crowd control.

This.