[Letter] - Monk Community to Developers

Monk
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
Yes, let us not forget this opinion when we could have made a difference when next expansion roll around! Must remember listen to all voice, even if not match your own however expierence you are. Let us not let this happen again!

02/19/2014 03:29 PMPosted by Druin
Yup.

We have incredibly depth in skill selection, passive selection, gear selection.

We have multiple niche builds already discovered with who knows how many on the horizon.

We are still the single most valuable group-member due to MoC + CS.

We have an over-abundance of eHP especially now that OWE is hard-confirmed to be staying.

It's a veritable cornucopia of upsides.

It's possible we do less end-game DPS than WD's and Wiz's. :(
signed.. I really want to be excited about monk sets. Right now there is nothign there that excites me or anyone else.
+1 signed after 2.0.5 realized it would be a while b4 we got what we need rerolled to WD facerolling T5 solo now. Had 700+ hours on monk only like 90 on my WD the difference is overwhelming. I dont have too much issue with DPS or the monks utility its the Dex to Dmg Mitigation that bothers me the most.
Thank you.
Lets hope we will be normalized.....not buffed in 2.1

Sign
05/18/2014 06:48 AMPosted by Ilu
I'm using the best build atm: Fire LTK GNK and I'm happy with it. I agree with all the things Druin said, but if all these issues are fixed, then monks would be completely OP in groups. Because right now I barely know a t6 group who doesn't take a monk...

We can't forget that the monk brings more utilty (and damage buffs) into a group than any other class, and that is the reason why our own damage has to be lower.

Signed anyway for broken sets and dodge, and much more diffcult item needs (OWE)

Wait, what? We aren't allowed to be powerful because we are support? Other classes are allowed to be OP on their own and be even more OP when a monk is in the group but monks aren't allowed to be because we are "support!?"

That argument needs to die a quick horrible death, like, right now.
signed!

-Banned of Gamers
+1 SIGNED!!!!

awesome post druin!! monks need to stay united!!!
+1 and Thank you so much Druin!
05/18/2014 06:48 AMPosted by Ilu
I'm using the best build atm: Fire LTK GNK and I'm happy with it. I agree with all the things Druin said, but if all these issues are fixed, then monks would be completely OP in groups. Because right now I barely know a t6 group who doesn't take a monk...

We can't forget that the monk brings more utilty (and damage buffs) into a group than any other class, and that is the reason why our own damage has to be lower.

Signed anyway for broken sets and dodge, and much more diffcult item needs (OWE)

I must say... so?
Buffs mean that you're using Passives or Actives to enhance a group rather than yourself. There's ALREADY a built-in penalty associated for that.
Examine:
Wizard has Magic Weapon. It yields 20% damage runed.
Monks have Mantra of Conviction. It yields 16% damage runed.

The list can go on... Group buffs offer less than their single buff counterparts.
Additionally, by your argument, a Monk should have 6 Active Buffs, and then a string of Passives. That would make him effective because he's enhancing the group! Oh wait... he deals 0 dps then.

The only reason T6 groups take a Monk is because of EP. That's it. Without EP, nobody would bother, even with these "massive" group buffs you are touting.

Your argument is ended, and you've lost. There's absolutely ZERO reason for a Monk to have significantly lower dps than other classes. Go level one of the other classes. You'll see the stark difference first hand.
+1
+1 fix the mongks
+signed
+1 signed

4pcs set bonus gives +15% lightning damage.... uh but my helm alone gives +22%.. s0o wrong

Druin good write-up bro
Signed!
Signed.
Signed!
So, as someone who has not played much monk but played a lot of barbarian duo with a monk buddy, just want to throw in my support for you guys. Love the monk class and fully intend to level my own to 70. But it's pretty obvious that what the devs intended for your class, and what they have actually ended up being, are totally different things. There are lots of things based around speed and mobility. Ways to ramp up your damage for a brief time. It's got a really cool feeling potential for a 'combo oriented' sort of play style.

Everything is just way way too slow to actually make any use of that stuff...

Oh you get a 15% damage increase for 3 seconds!!!!!!!

Woooo... 3 whole seconds... Might get like 2 attacks off...

It's very apparent that Blizzard had a goal in mind for the class. A cool, unique play style. But their attempt to implement it has failed horribly.
signed
+1 Signed.
For what it's worth, signed.

I don't know how many times I've said it: the monk is my favourite class to play even with it being so poorly balanced. But !@#$%^- it's frustrating to have a character with some 250 hours put into it that performs nowhere near as well as someone I've spent less than 60 on.