So yesterday in two rifts.. (loot table?)

General Discussion
So yesterday evening I was running T5 rifts with one other person and calling in people through RIF; we probably did 15 or 16 in the same game lobby. During one stretch of the runs, specifically two back to back rifts, things got a bit odd...it went something like this:

RG is up, we kill RG. He drops me a Thunderfury...yay?? I find them all the time on my account, regardless of character so I just gave it to the guy I was playing with.

Open next rift, 30 seconds in Leorics Crown drops - FS for sure.

45 seconds later, another Leorics Crown drops - FS for sure (x2 now)

Two minutes later, Thunderfury drops...again - WTF?!

I'm not complaining, but this has happened to me multiple times with multiple items; DD's, Zuni Rings, others...it really makes you think that IF there aren't loot tables that are quite narrow in what your available drops for a specific game will be (I'm talking like only 15-20% of legendary items in the game are available in said game - which would up your chances for double drops like this considerably), then something is bugged in the drop system causing it to only focus on a certain section of the available loot rather than the entire table. Maybe it's a bug that only happens ever so often? But seriously, the odds of this occurrence happening a single time are astronomical in relation to strict RNG mechanics. The odds of this sequence of events happening to many people (others have similar stories), multiple times, with different items means something just doesn't smell right and really supports the idea that only a certain amount of items are available at any given time and that set of items may be pretty darn small.

Lets put it this way - while playing D2 (I did so for over 10 years off and on), I cannot recall a time where I found two "very rare" (TF and Zuni rings not Leorics or DD's) items that were literally the same item in the same game within 10 minutes of each other...ever. No HOZ on HOZ, no Arachnid Mesh followed by Arachnid Mesh, no IST on IST. Come to think of it, this type of thing never even happened in Vanilla D3 either and I spent quite a bit of time slogging through the Keeps Level 2...

All in all (IMO), something is definitely going on behind the scenes with regards to the loot table theory. I'm not this "lucky", no one is.
I've found 4 Azurewraths, 2 in the same game before.
Random? Probably. Weird? Yep.
I had gone 150 hours with out getting a stone of jordan then in one week got 4 of them and haven't seen one since.
I just had 2 Aquila Cuirass drop in the same game within 10 minutes in 2 Rifts yesterday. I immediately close my entire game client and log in again for extra assurance...
Wish I could get a thunderfury. add me and give me one please!
i got 2 hexing pants on 2 consecutive rifts, probably 5mins in between them.
there was one game where we ran a lot of rifts and i got 3 hammer jammers. 2 rondal's locket.

i really am leaning towards believing loot tables do exist (predetermined that is)
I once found two indentical rings in the same chest!
Yeah , I usually get 2 of the same item every time I get a drop, in one session that is.

It happens so routinely, it doesn't seem natural.

I have like 3-5 of every item that drops for me - very strange pattern for sure. Then occasionally once every 1-2 weeks, I get an item I can use.
I got two identical things in a game many times. The only thing I really desire is Natalyas Slayer, so whenever I get "wrong" hand crossbow drop, I just quit and start new game.
That's something they should have kept from Diablo 2, the inability to drop the same unique....sorry... LEGENDARY item twice in the same game.
05/20/2014 06:32 AMPosted by Dadel
I got two identical things in a game many times. The only thing I really desire is Natalyas Slayer, so whenever I get "wrong" hand crossbow drop, I just quit and start new game.

you can have more than 1 1-hand crossbow in a pre-determined table if such things really do exist. i've gotten more than one kind of 1-hand crossbow in a game, let alone an individual rift.
Yep. Kadala 90% of the time gives me Gladiators Gloves or Magefist back to back. When a leg "gloves" drops.. 99% of the time it's Gladiators or Magefist for me. The other 10% it's Frostburn or St Andrews.. It's pissing me off that statistically I should have found Taskers and Theo by now. I've collected well over 100 legendary gloves the last few weeks.
this seems odd and happens with me as well. There are certain items that just wont drop for me but drop daily for my friend. And there are items that drop for me that never drop for him. I have more than a thousand hours on this game, and already witnessed so many bizarre drops (ranging from 2 of the same item drop with 2 seconds of one another to enter 3 rifts one after clearing the other, same game, and get a wailing host from the FIRST mob i killed. 3 times).

I even call my friends that want a specific item that just dropped to me to join my game, and they stay until another copy drops. Worked a few times, maybe I wasnt patient enough to say it works every time.

I know chance can be funny, and that we humans tend to seek a pattern in everything.

But I can't buy it, and what the OP closed with, is just a fact.

05/20/2014 06:06 AMPosted by RamJChung
I'm not this "lucky", no one is.
It's good to know that this is happening to everyone and not just myself or the people that I primarily play with. Absolutely makes you think something isn't (or is??) working as intended and whichever one it is, is detrimental to the integrity of the game and it's loot mechanics.

With even this small sample size of evidence, I believe that any naysayers who would state that this is simply anecdotal in nature are just wrong. This is much more than anecdotal.
The two strangest things I've seen:

Rolled a 20% Cindercoat from Kadala. 10 minutes later, killed Ghom and got a 20% Cindercoat.

My friend was running T3 rifts back to back with clan friends, he got 5 Tal's Amulets over the course of 2 hours.
05/20/2014 07:14 AMPosted by Dog
The two strangest things I've seen:

Rolled a 20% Cindercoat from Kadala. 10 minutes later, killed Ghom and got a 20% Cindercoat.

My friend was running T3 rifts back to back with clan friends, he got 5 Tal's Amulets over the course of 2 hours.

WTF hahaha - meanwhile there are people who have yet to roll a single Tals Amulet (me).

I really think that some accounts are more likely to roll certain items. Case and point: Thunderfury/Azurewrath for me. I've found 6 TFs and 10-12 Azw's...meanwhile the swords that are less "rare" rarely pop up for me. It's incredibly strange.
You are sure lucky on the double and triple drops OP. Best I can do to match it is 3 consecutive compass rose drops. In about 3 minutes. Do I even have to say I did a rage quit after that? :)
My crusader gets almost nothing but weapons. The tenclip on my DH dropped for my crusader. According to the loot tables that should be impossible. My crusader and WD are my luckiest characters and get about half the drops most people report. My other characters do worse. My monk gets nearly nothing, even in rifts, even now with the buff. The only exception seems to be when I kill Malthael with her. Then I seem to get a leg every 4th or 5th kill.

My wizard gets a lot more gold than my other characters despite not having as much gold find. He shares most gear with my WD, yet gets more. Even using a goldskin on crusader and barb with better than double his gold find, same difficulty, he still gets more gold.

It's really crazy seeing the clan messages go across. Two or three per person for each one I get, and that's playing one of my luckier characters.
05/20/2014 07:10 AMPosted by RamJChung
It's good to know that this is happening to everyone and not just myself or the people that I primarily play with. Absolutely makes you think something isn't (or is??) working as intended and whichever one it is, is detrimental to the integrity of the game and it's loot mechanics.

With even this small sample size of evidence, I believe that any naysayers who would state that this is simply anecdotal in nature are just wrong. This is much more than anecdotal.

It's not happening to everyone, just everyone that is replying. It's called a self-selected sample, and is invalid for drawing conclusions.