Changing from Cascade to Entropy, Advice.

Wizard
I run a melee Wizard (ranked top 5 in the word in Armor, top 20 in World total Mitigation Diabloprogress). I like the feeling of jumping in the middle of mobs and being the last one standing as Crusaders die to my left and to my right!

The reason I provide the above information, is so you understand my playstyle.

Cascade I think is the best melee damage spell as the "splash" effect works well, however I have a "targeting" issue, damn it I lose my cursor in the melee action way too often, and can't see where I am shooting. Maybe I am the only one who has this issue? If you have a solution I would be most grateful and could stay with Cascade!

My two choices I have been considering are:

#1 Cascade for Arcane Orbit; Spam SB-Barrier Blade every 5 Dynamo charges refresh. Downside is that Arcane Orbit is a very limiting due to its range, and is frustrating for others in the group as it looks less than impressive in action.

#2 Cascade for Entropy; Reach 5 Dynamo Charge switch to Entropy, rinse repeat.

Feel free to suggest gear and skill choices I am always open to improvement.

Notes: I am out of "Gold" atm so I am unable to perfect my equipment, so in your suggestions please ignore the obvious 26% CHD on RORG (that is the best I have gotten in 31 attempts) for example. Also I have four "DEX based" low damage 1900-2025 TF's in my bank to reroll, I could run with one of those but feel my Wand is more effective. Unwavering Will is also up for replacement as the "new" Knockback has reduced its effectiveness greatly...suggestions appreciated.
I was running a build like #1 to great effect but the big issue: Arcane Orbit is not enough damage on its own and the bubbles pop according to your attack speed so it's hard to gauge when they're ready to refresh. AO is good if you're using explosive blast and have a moonlight ward, lots of awesome melee damage.

I also ran an entropy build like you mentioned. It's a solid choice just knockback/knightmarish are awful since you have to constantly restack arcane dynamo.
I find I can dump my arcane power fast enough that the KB is not a huge issue, since you do not lose charges on arcane dynamo if you cast a couple here and there.

Agreed on your other points which is why I believe "Cascade/Entropy are the better options.
05/19/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Halt
I find I can dump my arcane power fast enough that the KB is not a huge issue, since you do not lose charges on arcane dynamo if you cast a couple here and there.

Agreed on your other points which is why I believe "Cascade/Entropy are the better options.

I would suggest the AO build to try though since you have MLW. I would switch out Familiar for EB in this situation. What I did:

1. Stack AD with Barrier Blades
2. Pop EB
3. Stack AD with Barrier Blades
4. Pop AO

Rinse and repeat. By the time step 4 is done, EB is off cooldown and ready. The AD stacks really help them shine since they're such big hitting attacks. The other upside is that you never have to worry about AP regen or running out. Everything is cheap.
I looked at dropping the Familiar but the DPS is too good to trade out to make Orbs work better.. All the choices on orbs seem to decrease overall Edps.

Really think the way the game mechanics actually work, it is best I go with a direct damage spell.

Does anyone else have a Cursor issue with Cascade in Melee?