Fire WoH/Archon. {{Group Vid. update}}

Wizard
1 2 3 6 Next
No unity, no shrines.
Thanks for all the replies, glad you enjoyed it. With new changes, Archon became lots of fun.

UPDATED: GROUP

NEW; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJKqPwcmV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8KxWhqu9s&feature=youtu.be

Solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPqbq1orOQ

http://youtu.be/FSytrOg04H8

]http://youtu.be/GIZeniyYZHg (T6 Instant Elite kill)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Build: Dropped Hydra for Safe Passage, and Conflagration for Dominance. Shield + insane mitigation, and mobility outside of Archon.

Area Damage replaces where EB is. Source + shoulders. It actually adds more damage than flat EB %. 40% Area Damage vs 30% EB. Needs more testing however.
Still can't decide between Mirroball - MM or Flame Blade - Firebird source. Need further testing. However, adding a ranged option might be optimal + enchanting to get Area Damage adds to dps also.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 2 :

I felt this video is needed to show the weakness of EB builds. Three times more so for pure EB.

Swapped Molten Impact for Mammoth Hydra. Conflagration passive for Dominance.

All three levels was ranged and A4/5 mobs. Wasp, Succubus, Molten incinerators(hate these the most), Anarchs, Corrupt Angels, Demon Terror (debuff hurts) you name it, it was there.

You can see how much Archon really brings to the table. 3min. to clear first two level, 50% progress. 8min. to clear the rest. Two death was just me not paying attention on first two level. Only one death in level three, Archon's Slow Time and 1s teleport brings so much. There is no point running Archon without Vyrs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED:

One last video to show off some BAD rift RNG. Spent more than 3min. just running around in circles. Changed to MM/Teleport to show off some variation. 12min. run.

As you can also see, there's some kiting going around. You can't do that with a pure EB build. Pure EB builds rely more on numbers. How much mitigation you need plus damage output, vs damage taken. This build relies more on situation awareness.

Upon further testing, Hydra actually is a nice skill to use instead of molten. More consistent and adds more to single target DPS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIDEO : http://youtu.be/GIZeniyYZHg

7-12min. is my usual runs.

Image: http://imgur.com/r9DWjcG (No sparkflint, No force weapon)

This is for people who say the build sucks and not viable. I beg to differ.

[b]Pay attention to 2:45 mark, that is the true potential of the build
. This build offers so much utility, burst, sustained, and mobility. Single target is only decent, cannot compare with full MM/Hydra builds. My gear is still not fully optimized for the build, this is just an idea for people that like to go this route.

I was doing couple RiF, so I left the boss fight out as request of players that did not want their name show up in video. Boss fights took 1min. max. Enjoy.

Edit: You can choose any skill for molten, I did it because it's fun. There so many things that comes to play, but people seem to forget this is the most important factor. I usually take Teleport - Safe Passage for group play.
Cool ^.^ (>^^)>
good utilization of the harrington belt
This actually looks like a lot of fun. Sadly I'm on my phone so I can't look at your gear stats but I defiantly want to give this a go. My Vyr boots are not exactly the best but with one reroll I think I can use them. Good stuff!
LOL. nice video.

that's some serious dmg there
what amazed me was 0 legs.
05/16/2014 12:02 PMPosted by CKbrah
good utilization of the harrington belt

Thank you, if you weren't being condescending. But I'm choosing to believe that. =P

But this is why my point stands even further against people who uses Ghom test as how well a build's eDPS is ( cough cough). Rifts are dynamic, so many factor comes into play, that you really have to test it out to see if the build is good or not.
Would like to know your life regen / LoH / armor / resis stats please :)
05/16/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Recon
But this is why my point stands even further against people who uses Ghom test as how well a build's eDPS is

Then there is a misunderstanding about the Ghom EDPS test, whether by you or the people using it.

It is a single target elite DPS measure.

It is static, can be replicated, and measurable.

Yes, it doesn't represent "true" edps. But it does represent "roughly" your single target elite dps.
05/16/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Boozor
05/16/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Recon
But this is why my point stands even further against people who uses Ghom test as how well a build's eDPS is

Then there is a misunderstanding about the Ghom EDPS test, whether by you or the people using it.

It is a single target elite DPS measure.

It is static, can be replicated, and measurable.

Yes, it doesn't represent "true" edps. But it does represent "roughly" your single target elite dps.

Yes that's what I meant. I probably said it in a wrong way. It is a good test for rift boss. I don't think elites can be measured that well, because the builds like MM do more damage the longer the fight is. Elites have way less HP than RGs. And I only mentioned this because some people keep trying to make their point by using "boss tests" and think it reflects it's the same situation for Rifts.
05/16/2014 12:15 PMPosted by FuRi
Would like to know your life regen / LoH / armor / resis stats please :)

I'm only at 7k LPS, 4.5k LOH. 9.3k armor, 1800 lowest resist, 2200 max. I still need better gear and little more optimization at this point. My toughness is no where I want it to be. But I can tank T6 molten with safe passage.
05/16/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Recon
some people keep trying to make their point by using "boss tests" and think it reflects it's the same situation for Rifts.

Who is doing this? I'd like to smack them upside their melon.

_____
-Melk
At the end of the day, it's all A Love Story
~OG Wizard from an OG Forum~
~iRap, You probz don't~
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeyMayez
05/16/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Melkor

=P

Image added in case people missed it.
I'm assuming you're talking about me. In that case, as mentioned before and as Boozor explained again, the Ghom test tests your edps for a single high health target with some possible mitigation. Players have been making up their own philosophies in what the Ghom test entails and I usually let that slide because it's their own beliefs. It's like arguing against people who say, "so Kiza, you're saying that if you kill Ghom faster, you get more legs... because that's what you're implying... well, let me tell you that's not true..." rant. Person tries to make a leg run video to disprove me. Only problem is that I never said it. I'll write up a philosophy section in the Ghom test later today so it's clear to what it tests. I'll also include my thoughts on why examples like Rift run are poor tests for builds.
05/16/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Recon
05/16/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Melkor

=P

Image added in case people missed it.

I'm genuinely curious as to who said a boss test is representative of an entire build?

I don't ever remember Kiza saying that...believe me, I'd love to quote him saying that, lol.

_____
-Melk
~iRap, You probz don't~
@ Kiza. No i'm not talking about you. It was directed at Sotanaht. I didn't want to put names in here, but people are getting the wrong impression that I'm talking about them. For that I apologized.

05/16/2014 02:37 AMPosted by Sotanaht
Stupid.

Calling the build stupid. Really?

05/16/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Sotanaht
I can easly get the 30-40 range with Arcane, but that's not really the point. What you should be able to notice with a simple test is that with the exact same gear it will take you roughly 30% of whatever time you are spending in archon longer to kill a boss.

Using "simple test" to test viability of the build. Really? His whole argument was that Archon loses 30% DPS, and now I know where he got that number from.

Again, I didn't want to make a video in the first place, but just couldn't deal with this kind of attitude toward something he didn't even try in a rift.
As bad a Ghom is as a test, Rifts are far, far worse. The mob selection alone throws a one or two effective Torment level wrench in any comparison.
05/16/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Melkor
I don't ever remember Kiza saying that...believe me, I'd love to quote him saying that, lol.

Why would you love to quote me saying that? My poor melon!
@ Kiza. No i'm not talking about you. It was directed at Sotanaht. I didn't want to put names in here, but people are getting the wrong impression that I'm talking about them. For that I apologized.

05/16/2014 02:37 AMPosted by Sotanaht
Stupid.

Calling the build stupid. Really?

05/16/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Sotanaht
I can easly get the 30-40 range with Arcane, but that's not really the point. What you should be able to notice with a simple test is that with the exact same gear it will take you roughly 30% of whatever time you are spending in archon longer to kill a boss.

Using "simple test" to test viability of the build. Really?

Again, I didn't want to make a video in the first place, but just couldn't deal with this kind of attitude toward something he didn't even try in a rift.

1.Look at the title of the thread, Recon: "Woh/Archon Build - viable or stupid?"

The OP made ^THAT the title of the thread. Sotanaht was answering the question based on his choices, given to him by the OP. I agree that his response has the fair semblance of a derogatory tone, but one doesn't have to look too far to realize he was just replying to the OP's two proposed choices. Sotanaht's actually a very nice guy.

2. When Sotanaht said, "a simple test", there is no way to infer that he is referring to a Ghom test. "Simple" is relative to the person who is assessing the test. I don't think Sotanaht was even referring to the Ghom test. I know this because I read his work every day.

Nothing is typically, "simple" with Sot.

Anyway, nice video, awesome crits, and as always, thanks for sharing.

_____
-Melk
~iRap, You probz don't~
05/16/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Ossian
As bad a Ghom is as a test, Rifts are far, far worse. The mob selection alone throws a one or two effective Torment level wrench in any comparison.

This is very true. Which is why testing different setup is so important. I'm actually glad I don't have to remake a new character every time I want to test a new build, like in D2 (no time for it now because of family and real life). Just me though. =p