Are game specific loot tables real?

General Discussion
http://i.imgur.com/tfFddug.jpg
Wowza. Your toons are stacked...

Is that a product of playing a large amount, a product of getting one hero to high torment and pounding out high torment, or do you know something we don't?
You are paragon 463. You got there with a lot of farming. Sure you have a load of Thunderfurys, SOHs and SOJs and I have none, but you have played twice as much as me.

Also, I'm sure you play a lot of T6, which has a much higher percentage drop rate.

With that said, really its hard to tell since some people just seem luckier than others. I have seen a paragon 95 using a Thunderfury.

Maybe its scripted, maybe its tables, maybe its pure luck, maybe its long hours of farming, maybe its running fast rifts, maybe its finishing the whole rift. IDK.

edit: I wish I had just one of each off that page...
@ Panther.

Here is a short but telling story. I play my Wizard exclusively with my GF. I NEVER touch him outside of playing with my GF. (And she never plays her without me).

You will notice I have a Tal helm, tal ammy, thunderfury, SOJ, and 2 pieces of the firebird set.

Every single one of those listed above right there... dropped for my GF.

I have never received a single one of them myself, but she has received doubles of most of them, so that she could give me the spares.

Take it for what you will, but having first hand experience with multiple toons seeing the same exact playtime and difficulty, I can 100% say that loot is in no way shape or form fair or even for everyone. It can literally be the exact opposite as you see here.
I had Vyr's gloves drop for me yesterday. In the same game, my buddy who plays a barb (SavageCure#1804) had one of the Earthquake pieces drop for him.

3 hours later, I am sitting at 3/4 Vyr (4 with RoRG) and he is at 3/4 Earthquake. We ensured we did not leave that game and just gambled for those pieces.

I gambled the boots and chest.

Before that game, I had never even seen a Vyr piece.

Sounds like look table theory is real.
05/19/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Stull
Take it for what you will, but having first hand experience with multiple toons seeing the same exact playtime and difficulty, I can 100% say that loot is in no way shape or form fair or even for everyone. It can literally be the exact opposite as you see here.

it isn't fair. it's random.

for the first 6 weeks after RoS launched, i didn't see a single set piece drop for vyr's, tal's, or firebird. i now have 4 pieces of vyr's, 3 pieces of tal's, and 6 pieces of the firebird set. all in the last week and a half. i just had an extended dry streak that was completely demoralizing, then my luck turned for the better.
maybe its account based loot tables? i've been farming for a SMK for more than a month and never seen one
I know that these theories about pre-determined loot tables are a popular thought among some players, and I can definitely understand why that is. However, loot is not pre-determined, and there isn't any benefit to adjusting your game habits based on that pretense.

There have been theories about how loot is created for a long time, but Lylirra recently posted on the subject with some good information about how and when items are generated.

04/29/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Lylirra
For clarity, items and their stats are determined at the time that they're generated in the game world. In most situations, this is when the item physically drops (like from a monster, a chest, or a destructible). In cases where there isn't a physical drop, items and their stats are determined as soon the game creates them. For example, items from Kadala are generated as soon as they're purchased. Item types, stats, drops rates, etc. are not determined, or pre-determined, upon creation of a character nor is that kind of information stored in some sort of seed on the character itself.

Here's the older post I linked as well:

10/23/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Lylirra
While there are a number of factors which can influence what kind of loot you get (Magic Find, MP level, # of NV stacks, etc), they're all character based. Which server you play on -- or what game you join -- doesn't have any bearing on your likelihood of seeing a Legendary item drop, or a specific Legendary to drop for that matter.

Sure, you might have an easier time farming some games than others based on what monsters spawn, which means you'll probably progress a little faster and kill more things (killing more things = more chances for loot to drop), but that's about it.
In cases where there isn't a physical drop, items and their stats are determined as soon the game creates them.

This part sounds like the loot is pre-determined.

Also for clarifications, when you said that loot is not pre-determined, do you mean that each created game can have non-zero probability for any item to drop?
05/19/2014 06:51 PMPosted by TeremusSama

World of Warcraft Instance loot was generated based off what server you connected to, hence how my guild and many others tracked where they were connected to in correlation to the loot. (By the end of Vanilla we were giving Paladins Thunderfuries we had so many).

That's confirmation bias, Bro. You probably weren't spending any/enough time playing on the other servers that you would have been able to show a correlation between server's and drops.

i.e. you believed those servers would drop certain items. You played a lot on those servers and received those items thus 'proving' your hypothesis. Unless you played = amounts of time on other servers and didn't receive the same items then that doesn't really provide evidence of a correlation
I found it quite humorous that you completely dodged the topic of loot tables with a 'its not true' and in no effort made any attempt to devalue or falsify the current proof stating otherwise....
Looks shooped.
05/19/2014 07:01 PMPosted by Barbalot
I found it quite humorous that you completely dodged the topic of loot tables with a 'its not true' and in no effort made any attempt to devalue or falsify the current proof stating otherwise....

Presumably by current proof you mean current evidence.

No one has proven anything, people have merely provided evidence to support their theories. Personally, all it does for me is shows that the more common items are more likely to drop if you farm a lot. What a huge surprise.
[quote]
Also for clarifications, when you said that loot is not pre-determined, do you mean that each created game can have non-zero probability for any item to drop?

^ Answer that please mister Gimmiku.
D1 and D2 items were not generated off servers, IP hunting was used to find server where SoJs were being sold.
This game Diablo 3 is one of the most infuriating and disappointing games I have played in the last 25 years .

Folks talk about smart loot and range but i cant see it its bunkum

I play 8 hours a day nearly 7 days a week due to ill health it keeps my mind busy..

i watch in my clan folks that play same time i play and they mass iding leg drops every day
and my piddly drop rate makes me wonder what I am doing wrong I can only think that maybe their account as a better luck modifier than my account would this be a reasonable conclusion to draw.
They specifically answered the question and people are still wearing the tinfoil hat.

Items are randomly created when they drop or when you buy from Kadala. They answered it now move on.
05/19/2014 06:51 PMPosted by TeremusSama
Is loot generated depending on which server you connect to, for instance .62 might have a higher probability of 1h swords, where .84 might have a higher probability for staffs etc...?

Where on earth do these crackpots come form? Why would anyone possibly code a game like that?

On WoW, players had the advantage that very large numbers of drops were tracked via gathering addons like those used to populate Wowhead, etc. Those sites could infer pretty accurately the precise drop rates of items per source. If the drop tables were different per realm or battlegroup, they would have the stats to prove it. Yet there was never any indication of anything like that.

Your particular case of having had better luck on one server vs another means nothing. I've had some great nights at the Caesar's craps tables and some bad ones at Bally's. But you are not going to get any better financial results by basing your gambling habits off of that.