Is YoloMouse bannable?

Games & Technology
I recently upgraded to a 35" monitor, and while it's great I now seem to lose my cursor periodically. I searched for ways to increase size and found complains on this forum going back two years without response.

I then found this: <Link Removed>

I'd totally try this out but I know how any game modification seems to run the risk of eating a ban, so I was wondering if anyone had heard word on if this sort of modification was allowable or prohibited.
You can change your mouse cursor in windows without using any addon and it works in game. I have seen blizzard suggest this so i hardly think having a diff mouse cursor is against tos
05/20/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Wind
You can change your mouse cursor in windows without using any addon and it works in game. I have seen blizzard suggest this so i hardly think having a diff mouse cursor is against tos

Yes and no, unfortunately. Windows 7 only offers up to a 200% increase. That's nowhere near enough for something like a Retina display, let alone a 4k monitor such as the lovely new Dells. Lowering resolution helps, but only if you have DPI scaling disabled in Windows (which renders Windows itself unusable on such displays.) Not to mention the horrible input lag I experience in-game with DPI scaling on.

I too would love to see a blue response to this, though last I checked YoloMouse was quite unstable and caused games to crash. That was a couple of months ago, things might have changed. Of course having the option to adjust cursor appearance in-game would be the proper thing to do, but that's beating a dead horse.
An answer would be really helpful.
bump
I don't see why this issue can't be addressed. I lose my cursor all the time and have to flick my wrist a few times to find it. This most likely will never be fixed since it's the same in WOW and that games been out a very long time. At least in WOW there were mods for this. They had a nice one where the mouse would trail so you wouldn't lose track of it.
Blizz doesn't see the cursor as a problem thus it isn't a problem.

How's that for listening to your customers ?

I've made multiple threads and commented on probably every one I've ever seen. And I agree blizz hasn't said Jack in 2 years, thus it isn't a problem.

Can any of us help it if they are wrong ?
bump. for a answer
07/07/2014 10:50 PMPosted by MrTeK
bump. for a answer

Here's your 2.1 Cursor

http://i.imgur.com/23xHtN5.png
Yeah, new cursors apparently making a lot of difference on PTR, it's what I'm most looking forward to with the next patch. Colourblind + explosions everywhere = Where's Wally with the mouse for me.
its quite simple. if its not a cheat, then its allowed. its the same reasoning why dark3d is allowed
well, i only took a 2 second look at the code. It contained "PostMessage". In the past blizz considered this method as a solution to botting and some people DID get BANNED(google is your friend). You can create a whole theory where is the limit to get banned for using "PostMessage". Maybe yolomouse is not even using it, just contains the code...i can't say for sure.
Would be great to get a solution directly from blizz.
05/20/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Xianath
though last I checked YoloMouse was quite unstable and caused games to crash. That was a couple of months ago, things might have changed.

I use Yolo Mouse all the time and it has never crashed the game, so I assume what ever the issue was has been corrected.
Ditto.
I even suggested this yolomouse on many occasion.
And I still do.

IF it was a bannable offense, we would have known by now, especially me, posting the link to it, don't you think? ;)

But no, no warning from a blue, no ban, nada.
Makes it, I think, pretty allowed.

Link: http://pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/
The site says it doesnt modify game files and It makes sense as this spans any game. I hadn't looked into this previously so I do appreciate the link Xogroroth. I think I will try this. I'm a paeanoid SOB but this seems legit.

For the record it's not for the lols or "yolo"... I really do lose my cursor regularly and very often a few times per minute.
Most welcome, brother. ;)
07/08/2014 02:10 AMPosted by Nineunbuffed
The site says it doesnt modify game files and It makes sense as this spans any game. I hadn't looked into this previously so I do appreciate the link Xogroroth. I think I will try this. I'm a paeanoid SOB but this seems legit.

For the record it's not for the lols or "yolo"... I really do lose my cursor regularly and very often a few times per minute.

Again, "PostMessage" is used by autoit or autohotkey also, from programing perspective, it could be the same thing. Just maybe, there is a chance, it triggers macrobotting detection.

It also hooks itself to the target process, making it detectable as an addon to the process. Some steam users got banned for simply using streaming software that hooked itself to target process. Accidents do happen.

Apart from that, indeed does not seem to modify data files. Only hooks memory and reroutes cursor file location.

!i'm only a noob taking a 5 second look at other people great work ...
Still, I advocated said proggy, linking it to the site where anyone can get it for free.
Not ONCE a Blue said: "Lad, this ain't good. Tsssktsssktsssk, naughty you."
Or did i get banned.
While, I'm pretty sure, blues and others did run a check on said program...?
07/08/2014 03:27 AMPosted by Xogroroth
Still, I advocated said proggy, linking it to the site where anyone can get it for free.
Not ONCE a Blue said: "Lad, this ain't good. Tsssktsssktsssk, naughty you."
Or did i get banned.
While, I'm pretty sure, blues and others did run a check on said program...?

Don't take that as permission. They don't see every post here and you only get reprimanded if someone reports you. Chances are you did not get reported.

Blizzard will not come out and give you permission to use any third party software. Blizzard has no control over that software so what is ok today might be changed by the software developer to do something unacceptable tomorrow. They simply give you the TOU rules and expect you to make a good decision on use. If you make the wrong decision then you deal with the consequences. Personally, if I have to ask about the software chances are good it is best not to use it just to be on the safe side. That is just me though.

What do you base your decision on? TOU mostly but they also added some clarification in a blog post last summer during a ban wave.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10319928
As a reminder, we do not permit the use of hacks, bots, or other third-party software in conjunction with Diablo III. While many of the programs intended for use with the game are actually cheat programs and automation programs ("bots") that exploit Diablo III's mechanics and provide players with an unfair advantage,"third-party software" also refers to any file or program that attempts to:

-Obtain information about Diablo III that's not normally available to the player
-Transmit or modify the Diablo III game files
-Provide access to features or abilities beyond what is allowed by the game's design
-Change how Diablo III interacts with Battle.net

Relevant sections of TOU http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

-use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience;
-use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by any Game or the Service to store information about a character or a Game environment; provided, however, that Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
-modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of any Game or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard;
banhammer