Can we remove dark rift?

General Discussion
Or adjust not too dark?
I know it is by design to make rift like a real hell.
No light, no hope.
But many time i should adjust brightness to see more area.
And it is bad for our eyes. I think i am not the only one to do it.

So.... please adjust it at least.

Thanks,
No way, they are my favorite rifts.
I don't like them either they are not scary and they are not mysterious. They are simply annoying. But oh well will probably not be changed.
No. Too much cartoonish colors in all maps is not pleasing. A diversity of the map helps in making it a boring scene to look at.

You must not have played D1 and D2.
I'm sensing the presence of the jerkface player that led Blizzard to remove REAL NIGHTTIME in another game.
they r the best man shut the front door
They are dark for the same reason that a lot of bars are dark. If the lights were turned on you would see how crappy they are.
I liked it. When it's an open area it's great - that was the first rift I ever experienced - all dark with bloodred ground but in an Act 1 open area. Was very cool.
Yea I hate it, for some reason I never get legendaries in it they are stolen away like my bike :(
bump, i hate dark rifts, terrible art design, let us see the darn game
LOL...people have been screaming for a darker, more moody, more D2-like D3 for 2 years.

Give them one little area like that, and they about face.

Blizzard, quit listening to these people...
I understand making the game have a "darker" feeling, but when it's literally dark, I can't see anything.

Scary and dark theme, not pinata mode. Well even pinata is pushing it, there's not much treasure.
tell me what "dark" there was on D2? i'm talking about environment lighting, not about themes.
watch a video of any D2 dungeon, tell me how dark the lighting was...

i also hate the poor lighting on those rifts. just add an option on the video settings for lighting so everyone can be happy
05/20/2014 03:48 PMPosted by elmo
bump, i hate dark rifts, terrible art design, let us see the darn game

I find this quite hilarious, people always complained the game was "too colorful" and cartoony and we needed a more dark atmosphre like D2 had.

Literally EVERY dungeon in D2 was pitch black and you needed light radius to see. They implement some rifts with a darkness to it and people complain.
It's not hard to see that the people mentioning some rifts are too dark are completely different than the people who were complaining that the overall art look was too colorful and not 'demonic' enough.

I like the variation. Yeah, it is kind of annoying, but that's part of the game. At the other end of the spectrum there is Whimsyshire. LOL, what a nightmarish blend of over saturated colors that is! I know it was likely made that way to prove a point. It still is funny.
D2 wasn't as dark as people remember it. I remember fields of green, bright yellow deserts, blue ice caves, and of course the bright red blood of the many foes I slew in those areas.
I bet the OP sleeps with the lights on.
05/20/2014 02:31 PMPosted by Smile
Or adjust not too dark?
I know it is by design to make rift like a real hell.
No light, no hope.
But many time i should adjust brightness to see more area.
And it is bad for our eyes. I think i am not the only one to do it.

So.... please adjust it at least.

Thanks,

so...you want aq bright and colorful, well lit diablo game?

not the creepy dark dungeon crawling THAT THE ENTIRE GENRE, AND ENTIRE PRE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD DIABLO IS KNOWN FOR...