Drop buff is here to stay, for now at least, but...

General Discussion
for those of you that oppose, what's the worst that could happen? That other guy will find more BoA items or Forgotten Souls than you? That other guy will find a BoA item in half the time it took me to find that item? That other guy found that BoA item in a few tries when I have gambled quadra-zillions of shards and have yet to see it? That other guy can't find upgrades because all his gear is BiS, and that makes me jealous? I don't see the problem here. I didn't want them to keep the buff either, but now I realize, it doesn't really matter with Season coming. Non-Ladder will always be the saturated mode.
05/21/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Vekkul
don't want to start over on Ladder or Season. I want my current accomplishments with my Softcore hero to stop being trampled upon by making it easier and easier for newbies to gear up. It's an insult to everyone who played the game before it was made into a Smart Loot Legendary-fest.

This is the luck of the draw, my friend. You think it was fun when 2.0 released for all those that did Crypt runs all day long just to hit P100 when 2.0 players were able to do it with casual play in half the time?
the worse that can happen..

You don't have to feel tied to gearing just the one toon.
05/21/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Jane
the worse that can happen..

You don't have to feel tied to gearing just the one toon.

That's one of the worst things that can happen?
I want my current accomplishments with my Softcore hero to stop being trampled upon by making it easier and easier for newbies to gear up.

Softcore accomplishments,

I LOLed.
It's an insult to everyone who played the game before it was made into a Smart Loot Legendary-fest.

Been playing since release, please speak for yourself. I love what they decided to do.
My grandfather once got mad at me and my friends once because when he was trying to teach us how to fish using crickets, we just used artificial bait and caught the fish in half the time he did when he was younger.
That the game will be finished in less than a month? About 1 month after RoS, I've managed to get every single wizard item in the game and 95% of at least 1 of every single common legendary with an int roll. Since the beginning of May, I've been playing my sader and dh within the time in which this buff has been active, I've finished marauders, shadows, akkhan and I'm one piece away from finishing natalyas and I don't even use RiF for shards, I just farm rifts.

So other than those 1.x drop rate items like kridershot or starmetal which would still take some luck, if i can just take any new character, gear it with crafted pieces and farm every set within a week, this game will be done in a month and it doesn't look like we're getting actual new content any time soon.
05/21/2014 05:57 PMPosted by buRn
NO ONE WANTS TO DO ANYTHING RISKY! HOW IS THAT %^-* HARDCORE?

That's like, your opinion, man.
05/21/2014 05:59 PMPosted by Kiroro
That the game will be finished in less than a month? About 1 month after RoS, I've managed to get every single wizard item in the game and 95% of at least 1 of every single common legendary with an int roll.

Them keeping the buff at the time, is probably an early indication that they will begin finding ways to make Seasons more appealing. Nobody wants to play in that overly saturated economy of Non-Ladder. But, not many people have the what it takes to remake a new character at the beginning of a season.
I guess the issue is people expect way too much out of 100(Now 80) dollars worth of game. I've gotten well over 800 hours of gameplay, I've gotten my money's worth, and THEN some. Old timer D2ers who paid their money, and then could always have an excuse to keep playing, yet for some reason, no longer want to play D2.
05/21/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Brad
don't want to start over on Ladder or Season. I want my current accomplishments with my Softcore hero to stop being trampled upon by making it easier and easier for newbies to gear up. It's an insult to everyone who played the game before it was made into a Smart Loot Legendary-fest.

This is the luck of the draw, my friend. You think it was fun when 2.0 released for all those that did Crypt runs all day long just to hit P100 when 2.0 players were able to do it with casual play in half the time?

Half the time? I was able to get to 100 in literately 3 days.
I don't want to start over on Ladder or Season. I want my current accomplishments with my Softcore hero to stop being trampled upon

Ladder brings new loot to the table. Every season, your character will be further and further behind. Similar to the effect of a new raid boss coming out in WoW, but you still have gear from the previous tier. This new gear will be Lv 70 of course, but it will most likely be better than the current loot.

If you want to play a game and reach the end of it, Diablo is not for you. WoW may be more up your alley. Get raid gear, wait for expansion, repeat.

Diablo gear, whether you find your BiS junk or not, never has the same properties. So the hunt continues for the same item with more appealing properties. I really don't understand your entitlement.
The "haves" always get butt hurt when the "have nots" get a boost that makes them more equal. Say you start out at a company at minimum wage and grind it out to $13/hour after a few years. Then the minimum wage gets bumped up to $12.50/hour and all of the sudden newbies make almost as much money as you and with no effort. That's a real life example similar to this situation that would warrant being angry over. This is a video game however... Go play your game and have fun. Why u so mad others get to have fun now? Less Epeen plox.