Their should be a conduit anniversary buff

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 34 Next
05/22/2014 01:32 PMPosted by Grimiku
Personally, I like the sound of that suggestion, and this makes me think it might be a good time to have a discussion about special event buffs. I'm curious about what kind of buffs do you all want? That's kind of a broad question, though, and it might be a good idea to narrow it down a little bit.

What kind of buff interest you the most, and why?

Special Event buffs that:
  • Increase your damage
  • Award Bonus xp
  • Award bonus loot
  • Increase rare spawns (like Conduit Pylons, or Treasure Goblins)

Don't feel like your response needs to be limited to these, though. If you've got a great idea outside of these focused questions then feel free to let us know!

1. God shrine.
Make player much bigger than normal. Just like dog ring do.:) Do huge damage. But move and attack slower.
2. Shadow power shrine.
Get 2 shadow followers to help you in some time.
3. Invoker shrine.
Get 2 random monsters as your followers.

4. Alice's Adventures RIFT.
Smaller player and bigger monster. Player can run and attack faster. And the monster can do more damage but slower attack.
5. Whole RIFT buff
Each rift has special buff itself. It looks like weather. It works for player and monster both. It can give additional damage for special type( Such as add fire or colde), reduce special type damage, increase MF or GF, move faster or lower, attack faster...
Personally I think as an addition to the loot buff there should be a x2 materials buff as well. When you shard one thing, you get two or three times the materials.

What about even adding an in game toggle to instantly disenchant yellow and blue items??
I strongly dislike the idea of Double Damage. It essentially says "screw all the hard work you've done up until this point, time to easily farm T6 for the weekend hurr durr!"

Stick with Bonus XP, Currency, Loot etc. Maybe Double Rare spawns? Double Rift Bosses? Double Bounty Rewards?
Personally, I like the sound of that suggestion, and this makes me think it might be a good time to have a discussion about special event buffs. I'm curious about what kind of buffs do you all want? That's kind of a broad question, though, and it might be a good idea to narrow it down a little bit.

• Increase your damage
  • Award Bonus xp
  • Award bonus loot

Don't feel like your response needs to be limited to these, though. If you've got a great idea outside of these focused questions then feel free to let us know!

No more buffs and increases in stuff. Give something that actually makes a difference, like the features still missing from the game.
05/22/2014 01:41 PMPosted by BalinMcNasty
05/22/2014 01:33 PMPosted by mercilessdv8
I want a Trade buff. Thx

LOL
05/22/2014 12:24 PMPosted by AllOutWar76
I didn't mean asking for something to last 24/7. I meant asking for something(s) 24/7. Make sense? Also, I am not referring to anyone in particular, just the community as a whole.

Ah yes, my bad. And yes I agree 100% with you on that. IMO game needs a few tweaks here and there but does not need 95% of the things people whine about. But at the same time a few temporary buffs would be fun every now and then, but are not needed at all.

Oh yes, don't get me wrong. Seasonal perks are really fun. I sure had fun back in the day playing City of Heroes when we'd get goodies for Christmas like Jetpack attachments and speed boots.
Bounty weekend sounds cool, when a pylon spawns, it can only be conduit, which is by far the best pylon in the game.
Class Items Buff Day!
1. Special event merchant: Elite packs and Rift Guardians could have a chance to drop special tokens that can be traded in for an event cache/pinata. The cache items could include a unique event transmog, vanity items, etc.
2. Nephalem invasion: your game could be invaded by a copy of one of your friends' characters for a chance to drop a piece of their gear or something for bragging rights to create some form of competition.
I think the coolest thing about the buff idea is just something else to encourage a change of pace. Currently most people doing act 1 bounties if they want a RoRG or if they already have or do not want they are rifting. I think buffs should change what we want to do for the day/week based on what is most rewarding.

So a buff that rewards more experience for the more bounties you do in a single game. This would encourage people to do more full bounty clears which is rarely done. Another idea could be after you complete each act, there is another chance the any of the acts you already completed to reward yet another cache from those acts. So a full clear with completing act 1 first would give 1 act 1 cache and 4 more chances of addition act 1 caches to drop.

A Buff that greatly increases the drop rate of legendaries from Uber bosses. Give us a reason to do ubers again. This would also be nice if the hellfire ring was buffed as well as it currently is a bad item compared to others. Just a thought, make the hellfire ring be able to roll +ele dmg, +elite dmg, and give it 5 or maybe even 6 primary stats. Make it truly unique.

Though I am still sick of story mode from doing it so much pre RoS some people might like it still or even maybe later down the line. A buff could increase the drop rates and experience from doing story mode. Maybe even for the buff duration make it so resetting quests make killing the bosses the first time give a guaranteed legendary.

A Gem Buff - Increase the number of gems that drop or even make it so it is possible higher grade gems drop for the duration of the buff. This could even be from a targeted section of the game. i.e. the buff only works in bounties, or only in rifts.

A Gold Buff - Gold drop and rewards are doubled. Once again this could be targeted to only work in a certain place.

Higher chance of sets to drop - This might be over powered, so maybe just do this for Uber bosses.

Double duration of shrines and pylons buff - Daily buff

Some other cool daily buffs could include things that might completely change builds and style of play. CD reduction of 50%, Pickup radius of +20, no maximum run speed cap, or just double. Skills cost 25% less of normal resources.

A Hardcore buff could also be cool, or maybe even a permanent buff to hardcore. Something to encourage people to play hardcore more as it currently has no real incentive to play since the AH has been removed. It used to be a good choice if you didn't want to deal with a flooded AH market. Most HC players I know have stopped playing. I would like to see a buff to increase drops and/or experience in HC.

Ultimately I think the idea of the buff system is a great idea as it could help prevent the game from stagnating. So as long as the buffs change the style of play it should be a good addition to the game.

• Increase your damage
  • Award Bonus xp
  • Award bonus loot

How about:

• Increase your quality of gems dropped(like Flawless Imperial from T1 and above)
  • Increase your movement speed
  • Two followers during the Event buff

And so on...
Why not have seasonal transmogs that last throughout a season, and then are removed? Like a Santa hat transmog during Christmas? A Easter bunny pet. Stuff like that, that won't affect the core gameplay?
for childrens day put extra mobs from the pony level everywhere and extra mobs that look like fetishes
i have asked before ? forgotten souls so we can get some enchanting done??? i have 4 hero to look after no way can this be done with drop rate of these the only reason i dont have 5 hero is no forgoten souls
05/22/2014 08:02 PMPosted by OnionKing
for childrens day put extra mobs from the pony level everywhere and extra mobs that look like fetishes

Children's day? One of these days, every day will be a holiday.
05/22/2014 08:03 PMPosted by goody
i have asked before ? forgotten souls so we can get some enchanting done??? i have 4 hero to look after no way can this be done with drop rate of these the only reason i dont have 5 hero is no forgoten souls

Every Legendary has potential to be a Soul. A very likely potential might I add. With the new baseline drop rate buff, Souls are more abundant.
Something FUN, not xp bonus and not leg buff, just plain fun, like higher chance of whmsy rifts, teddy bears that explode constantly, mass goblins that give a buff when killed.... that sort of thing
05/22/2014 08:17 PMPosted by Betráyed
- Free RIFT weekend ( all rifts require no shards for the weekend )

I would totally be down for this, and it doesn't sound OP at all. Completely doable. Make it happen, Blizzard.
05/22/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Brad
How about we all start asking for things to be given to us 24/7, like we're entitled to them? Wait, we already do that.

+infinity... can we stop asking for buffs to everything, please?! The game is slowly becoming perma-'God mode'. I agree certain things need adjusting but not everything needs a buff.