[Guide] Zero DPS CDR Support Monk Build

Monk
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Hi qisq and vox.

Hi vox and qisq. Did some crafting and up to 550 health 15mil toughness and 1443 AR need to get more mats to get 3 sockets in strength chest and then other craftables to strength instead of dex. cdr is 68.7. Am I getting close to being a helpful zdps monk?

06/20/2014 07:46 PMPosted by Cujoeg
Hi qisq and vox.

Hi vox and qisq. Did some crafting and up to 550 health 15mil toughness and 1443 AR need to get more mats to get 3 sockets in strength chest and then other craftables to strength instead of dex. cdr is 68.7. Am I getting close to being a helpful zdps monk?

[/quote]

Yeah of course. Sure there are space for improvement but your gears are more than the minimum requirement.
So is St Archews BIS? If so, I'll feel bad as I dunno how many of those I have scrapped.
06/20/2014 04:00 PMPosted by GunnersDream
It doesn't look particularly tanky, just super spirit generating

Hi just as Vox has explained...
Just want to add that Epiphany gives immunity to crowd control.

Also you are right about this build not looking tanky... because the play style isn't exactly the same as a tank. So when I play this build I don't stand in ground effects and facetank. Occasionally I even need to reposition the mobs out of those effects such as an array of sentries to give my teammates more space.

06/20/2014 08:04 PMPosted by GunnersDream
So is St Archews BIS? If so, I'll feel bad as I dunno how many of those I have scrapped.

That's a good options but I wouldn't call it BIS, as the benefit is just a bit more damage absorption...
The slot is really flexible... you can go for other alternative options like Glove of Worship or set gloves etc...
06/20/2014 08:23 PMPosted by qisq

I don't see that in the description - you can't get frozen, feared or any of that while it's effect is on?
06/20/2014 08:42 PMPosted by GunnersDream
06/20/2014 08:23 PMPosted by qisq

I don't see that in the description - you can't get frozen, feared or any of that while it's effect is on?

That's right! It's one of those nasty hidden mechanisc LOL.. not in the tooltip!
It also notice that it makes me immune to interrupt which means I can resurrect my teammates while a bunch of mobs are attacking me lol (however if I happen to dodge the attacks then I interrupt myself LOL)
Thanks qisq! This build works really well even with out the most optimal rolls. I'm grouping in T5 with no problems with sub optimal rolls! I'm sticking to DEX for now and haven't tried to optimize for OWE because of 2.1 but I'm still doing great! If I can manage to get a tiny bit more CDR and some +Physical% damage I should be able to cake walk through T6. I can group in T6 now but it's a bit of a struggle so I'd rather blow through T5 for now. I never thought I'd see anything above T3 on my Monk and would be doomed to play Crusader until 2.1. Thanks again!

I was lucky to have a great The Laws of Seph sitting in my stash. If you have a The Laws of Seph I would highly recommend qisq's build. Here is my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SwitchbladeK-1376/hero/41135369
@SwitchbladeK

Yeah my zdps monk only half geared towards OWE and Strength... and T6 is like walking in my own backyard. So I'm basically now just wait for 2.1... Assuming they don't make changes that affect this build, it's going to save me big time from crafting those gears LOL

p.s. I would claim credit for this guide but perhaps not the build itself xD haha
Thanks qisq and vox. Still improving my zdps but other players are actually thanking me and wanting me to friend them and run with them. Its a nice feeling. Of course I have a question, how do u get benefit of pig sticker? do u have to put in attack?
06/22/2014 08:00 AMPosted by Cujoeg
how do u get benefit of pig sticker? do u have to put in attack?

Humm I never thought about Pig Sticker... though it has some potential as it can roll 5 mainstats...
So ideally it's possible to get:

Dex (2.1) or Str or Vit
cd reduction
resrouce cost reduction
attack speed
Socket for diamond +20% elite damage

Of course the +human/beast damage.. which I hope it works on EP explosion...
I haven't tried it for my zdps monk but next time if I see one, I'll think twice before I salvage it LOL
Because I like to drink when I play, and i'm not the fastest reaction after 3 or 4 Long Islands...

I went Blackthorne's...and I haven't died in since Friday.

As you can see, I really have zero emphasis on any form of DPS (I'm using INT gear for god sake). That said, I would never even think to attempt to solo, but I have two WDs I can do that with. I do miss goldskin though, so I may do some runs to generate gold.
Hey, just wanted to say thanks heaps for the good guide qisq, my zdps monk is almost up and running!. I have tailored all my gear to dex rather than str, in anticipation of 2.1 dex changes, and I am trying to re-roll cdr on both my rorg and soj(just need more $$ for re-rolls). Other than that, I think he's just about ready to roll :)
Hello Qisq,

Been tuning up the gear a bit and ended up with what Kali has now. Around 11,000 Armor, 1350AR, 700k life, 29% melee reduction, 12% elite reduction and 56% CDR.

Does IAS effect EP? And if yes would daggers make a difference? I have a pig sticker which rolled with 8% CDR. Can take off str and get a socket.

Using this build to gear up a dps monk. Got lucky with a few set items which are on Rudra the other monk :)

ZDS is fun but its a pain when your clan members/friends are offline thoug ;)
Have a BT set in my stash, is Frozen pulse a ground effect?
06/23/2014 04:13 AMPosted by demonknight
Does IAS effect EP? And if yes would daggers make a difference? I have a pig sticker which rolled with 8% CDR. Can take off str and get a socket.

Attack speed doesn't really affect EP directly apart from making the dot tick faster... it's useful mainly because you only have limited time to complete your Inner Sanct > CS > EP cycles, especially with a fast group.

What are the other stats on your pigstick? I'd keep the Str coz it means extra armor...

06/23/2014 04:43 AMPosted by PF13
Have a BT set in my stash, is Frozen pulse a ground effect?

I guess probably not? Personally I prefer using Halcyon and not bother BT 4p bonus :3 BT 3p is still good though.
06/23/2014 05:31 AMPosted by qisq
it's useful mainly because you only have limited time to complete your Inner Sanct > CS > EP cycles, especially with a fast group.

What are the thoughts between Forbidden Palace and MoC? At first I was using MoC, but since I haven't found that @#$@#$ hat yet (Kadala I'm looking at you), I found I was too spirit starved to spam MoC, so I switched to Forbidden Palace (even using WoTHF I couldn't keep MoC up very well.)

With massive CDR, it seems like its better anyway right? Much better damage boost and huge damage reduction (albeit in a small area). With my 65% CDR the cooldown matches the length almost exactly.

I do get that monsters can move out of it and maybe with surplus spirit the movespeed of Annihilation is better for a fast group.

I also found having to cast IS half as much felt a bit more controlled. I did play the old zdps build, though, so its not that weird having to hit a mantra every 3 seconds, but having that indicator on the ground sure was nice.
06/23/2014 01:42 PMPosted by GunnersDream
What are the thoughts between Forbidden Palace and MoC?

Hi actually the use of MoC is mainly for the extra burst movement speed for the team... it's not meant to be spammed xD

An easy fix to your spirit shortage while you are still waiting on your helm is to use Strong Spirit rune on your EP.
06/23/2014 05:56 PMPosted by qisq
06/23/2014 01:42 PMPosted by GunnersDream
What are the thoughts between Forbidden Palace and MoC?

Hi actually the use of MoC is mainly for the extra burst movement speed for the team... it's not meant to be spammed xD

An easy fix to your spirit shortage while you are still waiting on your helm is to use Strong Spirit rune on your EP.

Is that just on a group that is strong enough not to need the 30% dmg boost from Forbidden Palace?
so, i've been following this thread and people have been saying that the laws of seph is the go-to spirit stone for zdps monks. but i have LESS problems running out of spirit using my mind's eye (on my profile).

the seph i have is here:

http://imgur.com/2Fgboy7

not the greatest burst spirit regen roll, only 89 (maybe that's why?), i feel as though i can better manage my spirit with the constant spirit regen on my mind's eye as when i hit IS, i gain back spirit. it's not a burst gain of seph.

it could be just my playstyle... but i dunno if i'm in the few that say mind's eye > seph.