[Fire Monk] Pick 1 out of these 3

Monk
I am playing a fire build with GNK, +116% Fire Skill Damage and no generator.

Given that I need the Cpt Crimson set for my build I only get to pick one out of these three items:
http://imgur.com/MxwS0z8

Which of these items do you think would be the most useful for my build and why?
(of course I would craft sockets on the pants if I were to use them, and the boots can still be rolled aswell)
in general u should craft boots and pants, because belt legend slot >>> other 2.
Well, I was asking a specific question and not about "general" :)
05/26/2014 07:41 AMPosted by Bento

I'm not sure why you're even asking the question, since you're already wearing Boots and Pants from Captain Crimson's set. They're pretty much BiS for fire, and there are much better legendary belts than the crimson one.
05/26/2014 07:50 AMPosted by Tricsun

I'm not sure why you're even asking the question, since you're already wearing Boots and Pants from Captain Crimson's set. They're pretty much BiS for fire, and there are much better legendary belts than the crimson one.
Yes there are much better legendary belts than the crimson one. There are also better pants and boots than the crimson ones :D
Look, I am just asking which of these three specific items that I have linked you guys think will be best.
I have no Witching Hour and I don't like using Harrington's so it's not about what item slot has the highest potential, but what actual item out of the three in question will be best.

Well lets think - boots have 2 dead affix (move speed and burn ground), pants also have 2 dead affix (gold and regeneration), belt have 2 dead and 1 weak (all res).

If i was you i would stay with belt before your gamble a better one, or most likely just craft crimson belt and get 2.5 more affix from it.

If i was forced to use one of this 3 i'd pick boots - the best rolled dex and vit and least amount of bad affixs on it.
I would pick none.

Just craft a 3-piece Crimson's set (belt, pants, legs).
05/26/2014 10:38 AMPosted by krio
I would pick none.

Just craft a 3-piece Crimson's set (belt, pants, legs).

I also go with none. Keep looking until you find Harrington or WH
I already have the 3 piece bonus from RoRG ;)
I don't understand why nobody wants to actually answer my question, but ok... ^^
05/26/2014 01:37 PMPosted by Bento
I don't understand why nobody wants to actually answer my question, but ok... ^^

ltr

05/26/2014 07:56 AMPosted by Sherr

If i was forced to use one of this 3 i'd pick boots

Seriously, you don't understand why? Because they are so bad. None of them are worth using.

In this case it doesn't matter if you already have the 3-piece bonus. Better craft a belt/pants/legs than use any of the 3 crappy drops you have.
05/27/2014 04:50 AMPosted by krio

Seriously, you don't understand why? Because they are so bad. None of them are worth using.

In this case it doesn't matter if you already have the 3-piece bonus. Better craft a belt/pants/legs than use any of the 3 crappy drops you have.
This is just not true.
For example take a look at the boots. Once you reroll their secondary stat into your OWE resistance they will be far better than any set boots could be individually (without their set bonus).
You can even compare them directly to the Crimson boots that your monk is wearing and you will have to agree that the Fire Walkers are much better if you don't need the set bonus.

It is the same for the pants and belt, even though the comparison there may not be as obvious due to lower main stats on the proc pieces.
05/27/2014 07:20 AMPosted by CecilPaladin
@ Bento
I think the folks here are saying that boots and pants generally go to Capt Crimson's set. I see a lot of people using the Harrington Waistguard for the belt slot. Those 3 items you listed are not any of the ones mentioned.
Yep, but I knew all of that already but it doesn't apply to me. I have very good Crimson boots and pants and I also have both a Harrington's and a nearly perfect Hellcat's in stash. I just don't like to use them, which is why I posted a very specific question about 3 specific items with interesting proc effects.

I guess the bottom line is, noone actually knows the answer to my question but we all want to show the knowledge that we DO have, even though it is not what has been asked for ^^

But it's ok, I will test it for myself and we can forget about this thread now. :)
I think that none of these procs are game changing but still they are all great and a nice bonus.

I don't know if Pox Fauld's proc has an internal cooldown or not, but from its description the proc effect seems to be extremely strong. This is the only reason why I even posted these pants here even though the other stats aren't good. I will just try them out myself.

Why do you believe that these procs are bad? They all give decent amounts of extra dps which you won't see on paper.
And besides that, I also find them to be alot of fun and I like to play the game with a good balance between efficiency and fun. Clicking bodies on the floor to get extra 111% dps for a short amount of time is definitely efficient, but it is just no fun for me. It makes my game experience more hectic and more stressed.
But for instance picking up a few health globes and killing mobs by doing so adds an element to the game that I like to play with. This is just my opinion though and you may or may not share the same view, but I also didn't create this thread to discuss that.

Again, I did not ask for BiS fire monk gear (if you look at my gear you will see that I am already wearing BiS) but to simply pick 1 out of 3. But you are now the second person in this thread who tried to answer my actual question, so thank you for that :)

Now please lets not push this thread to the top anymore. For me this went from asking a question, to being told what I should have asked instead, and then what the answer to the questions that I didn't asked are, to being asked why I asked what I asked. This is just getting too exhausting for me and I would rather have some fun instead :D
05/27/2014 08:31 AMPosted by CecilPaladin
So do a lot of the monks skills that we have. Some monks run with cyclone strike, or wave of light, or exploding palm. They are more "fun" abilities, which could help if you are tired of doing the same thing over and over again. But the general response is the "cookie cutter" way, because it's considered the "best" at the moment.
Thank you, I know these abilities and have played with them for two years now :)

Your profile isn't showing up for whatever reason.
Try EU.

Here's just my suggestion, but I would have started the thread with something like the following:
Thank you. In hindsight you are right. I simply did not expect that it would be this difficult to get a straight answer to my question.