Horadric Caches are extremely unrewarding

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
05/28/2014 02:46 PMPosted by Veldrin
I'm not sure why people complain about bounties.

If you don't like them don't do them. simple solution.

Is this a joke?
@Cambios - The second that they would implement that idea, it would change the game from farming for your legendaries to farming for blood shard to buy your legendaries. It's a fundamental change to the design and progression of the game and not in a positive way.
05/28/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Some folks have exceptionally good luck. Others perhaps not as much. That's simply the nature of random drops. The only Royal Ring of Grandeur I've seen so far dropped for me before I reached level 70. That's alright by me; it sets a clear goal to work towards. When I reach that goal, I can set my sights on a new one and adjust my play accordingly.

The problem is many people won't even reach their original goals to be able to move on to another. Or they finally get the item they've wanted for hundreds of hours, only to get a terrible useless roll that's just a forgotten soul in a more depressing form.
05/28/2014 02:49 PMPosted by Seven
05/28/2014 02:46 PMPosted by Veldrin
I'm not sure why people complain about bounties.

If you don't like them don't do them. simple solution.

Is this a joke?

i will translate wat he meant: "i got a rorg for the 1 that don't got it stop being a cry baby and just uninstall"
05/28/2014 02:36 PMPosted by vortic
Finding legendary crafting materials, the Hellfire Ring, or getting Paragon Levels--those are examples of clear goals. Kill monster x --> get component y --> get item z.

Wrong on two out of 3 counts.

One of my clan members just now complained that he killed a boss on T-3 and it didn't drop the materials he was looking for. You could kill a particular boss or elite from which you know that material drops 100 times, and it might never drop the material you want.

The Hellfire ring has layers of "maybe never." You have to find four keys four times each, and at the highest difficulty level in the game, you only have a 50% chance. Those 16 keys get you one shot at getting the materials to build a single ring, with a 50% chance at the highest difficulty in the game to get one from each boss.

Finally, when you do get enough materials to make that one ring, it's very likely going to be a piece of crap.

So I have completely given up on the idea of keys, ubers, and rings forever.

The only thing you can do in this game, the only thing that has a guaranteed result, is killing monsters (at least the ones that actually still grant experience points). If you continue to kill these monsters, you will gain paragon levels. There's no question about it. Each monster you kill, like it or not, will add to your total experience points. Enough experience points will gain you the next level.

It's the only sure thing in the game.
05/28/2014 01:53 PMPosted by Piffle
I've heard a lot of people describe Bounties as painful and express the desire to never have to do them again. People just want to do rifts, yet are forced to do Bounties for the keys.

Do you have any plans in changing the way this works?

The only reason people only want to do Rifts is because Blizzard skewed the drop rate to favor them so much. If the entire game had a drop rate the same as Rifts currently do, I would play the campaign. But since playing the campaign would be willingly gimping myself as far as gear progression goes, I also must play Rifts like everyone else.
The problem is not RoRG having low drop rates.

The problem is that it's just TOO MUCH superior to other legendary rings.
05/28/2014 01:57 PMPosted by Spekkio

really, they can't get anything right. the players have pretty much told them what they need to do, and what they have done wrong, and they are slowly fixing/repairing the game since. we said we missed the variety of item effects in D2 but now it's just over the top in D3. the idea of making another character is dreadful.. farming for another RRoG when I don't even have one yet, and yup, those really, really, specific items that are required to be decent. sounds fun.. the way it's going with my wizard i'll be lucky if i have most of what I need by the time i'm paragon 500 and I've invested a small chunk of my life into the game.

I think we may need some perspective on the dozens if not hundreds of fun hours we've had in the game before stating blanket complaints like "they can't get anything right." RoS has been going in a great direction overall.
Bounties are just no fun anymore. I sigh when I have to go do some, because I really don't like them. They're the worst grind in the game imo. When you feel like you're wasting your time doing something that's necessary to be able to go do what you really want, that's not making people want to continue playing. Something needs to be changed to make bounties more fun. Key word: fun. I think most people play games for fun, so please add some to that part of the game.
05/28/2014 03:04 PMPosted by OldPro
Wrong on two out of 3 counts.

One of my clan members just now complained that he killed a boss on T-3 and it didn't drop the materials he was looking for. You could kill a particular boss or elite from which you know that material drops 100 times, and it might never drop the material you want.

I'll agree with you that the process of getting materials and the Hellfire Ring may be tedious, but the point I was making is that the monsters you kill for those materials can only drop what you're looking for.

In other words, you farm them for a specific thing, and they have a chance to give you that specific thing. The new Hellfire Ring process is more targeted than it was before.

Though, again, I agree with you that the ring itself is very underwhelming, but that is beside my original point.
05/28/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Ryan
That is a very old blue post. Patch 2.05 buffed drop rates on T2-6 caches I am pretty sure. Anyone back me up on that statement or have I been misinformed?

I can, indeed, back you up on that. That quoted post of mine is very old and doesn't account for changes that occurred with Patch 2.0.5. From the [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14138344/"]Patch Notes[/url]:

Horadric Caches
  • Now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II - VI

This increased chance also applies to Cache-specific Legendaries, such as the Royal Ring of Grandeur. Bear in mind, however, that the [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697#1"]Anniversary Buff[/url] that was recently made permanent [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697?page=16#318"]does not apply[/url] to Cache-specific Legendaries.

Some folks have exceptionally good luck. Others perhaps not as much. That's simply the nature of random drops. The only Royal Ring of Grandeur I've seen so far dropped for me before I reached level 70. That's alright by me; it sets a clear goal to work towards. When I reach that goal, I can set my sights on a new one and adjust my play accordingly. If you're feeling fatigued by Act I bounties, you can give Act IV a try (as any Cache-specific legendary has a chance to drop from those Horadric Caches), or maybe just take a break from bounties and run some Rifts.

Bounties and Rifts offer a complementary style of play - swapping between the two is absolutely welcome and, mechanically speaking (since you need Keystone Fragments to open Rifts), a bit necessary. Perhaps its time to shift your focus from one to another for a while? :)

bahh after the anniversary buff now I need to do twice as much bountys to gather keys ....
before the so called buff I would have got a lot more keys than im getting now ....
I don't need legendarys from caches I need more keys ...
05/28/2014 03:17 PMPosted by vortic
The new Hellfire Ring process is more targeted than it was before.

LOL...surely you're joking!

The Hellfire ring process before was this.

Set the game to MP10. Go to the Festering Woods, get 5NV. Go to the Fields of Misery, kill the keywarden, pick up the key. Repeat two more times.

Set the game to MP10. Go to the Vault of the Assassin, get 5NV. Go to the Dalghur Oasis, kill the keywarden, pick up the key. Repeat two more times.

Set the game to MP10. Go to the Sky Crown Battlements, get 5NV. Go to Stone Fort, kill the keywarden, pick up the key. Repeat two more times.

Set the game to MP10. Go to the Festering Woods, get 5NV. Go to town, open a portal, kill the Uber, pick up the organ. Repeat two more times.

Make a ring.

Now even this is a tedious process, but it was guaranteed. You follow those steps, you're making a ring. You could pretty much time how long it would take you, and you could put a group together to do it. No one would get frustrated and quit, no one would have to stop to eat dinner in the midst of.

Is nothing like that now. There's nothing targeted about it, and in fact it's so extremely unsure, I'll never involve myself in the activity again. Ever.
tbh...the only thing bountys are good for is rorg and exploiting the high reward fast bounty for exp/gold

other then that they are a giant chore...that is almost painful when not doing what as described above..even though rorg farming can be very painful for some
Some folks have exceptionally good luck. Others perhaps not as much. That's simply the nature of random drops. The only Royal Ring of Grandeur I've seen so far dropped for me before I reached level 70. That's alright by me; it sets a clear goal to work towards. When I reach that goal, I can set my sights on a new one and adjust my play accordingly. If you're feeling fatigued by Act I bounties, you can give Act IV a try (as any Cache-specific legendary has a chance to drop from those Horadric Caches), or maybe just take a break from bounties and run some Rifts.

So Act IV bounty caches will drop ANY other Act specific Legendaries?
well the good news is, i reached paragon 200 today after farming about 700 bounties or so for this ring with no luck yet....
05/28/2014 03:36 PMPosted by ShaneFlourno

Yes. you can get everything from act IV cache.

According to my topic: I think that caches should've been working exactly like legendaries. We should've had better chance on higher torments (we already have), but this chance should've been buffed like chance for legendaries from monsters. What's the point of caches existence if they don't drop nearly anything that isn't cache only? And even these items are pretty rare even on high torment :( Maybe you should change something in percentage Blizz? Maybe the chance for leg on T4 should've been 200% bigger than on normal? It doesn't feel fair that doing split normal is the most effective.
05/28/2014 03:36 PMPosted by ShaneFlourno

Yeah, about that...what is the Act 3 specific Bounty Leg?
I had 6 or 7 rings in the first two weeks into RoS, probably 300 bounties completed.

Now I am at 2500 bounties completed and still stuck at 6 or 7 rings total.

I will never do bounties again, only the thought makes me feel dizzy.
If you're feeling fatigued by Act I bounties, you can give Act IV a try (as any Cache-specific legendary has a chance to drop from those Horadric Caches),

Did I read this correctly? RoRG can drop from act4 caches, or did I misread him there?
05/28/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Google337
bounty are really boring never gonna do it again

is already boring enough finding the damn level 2 and that act 1 queen boss and find out it dont drop u anything in the box

I wish a phonics book would drop for you.