Illusory boots are a must

Monk
Makes bounties fun and easy and you can run through walls , i'm having a blast with them
I also think these boots are highly under-rated.

The main issue I have with them is they take up the boots slot which competes with Captain Crimson. If you take the other 2 slots for CC, you give up Harrington or WH which is even more of a problem.

For any spec that CAN accommodate Illusory, I think they are a pretty solid choice.
Where do they drop? They are from act 2 bounty, correct? Good boots and I would love to have them, but it is already painful enough trying to get RoRG to put myself through that torture again.
Jawbreaker is decent for bounty, and of course you probably have to switch weapons for high torment bounty.
05/28/2014 09:21 AMPosted by UsinFourWarp
Where do they drop? They are from act 2 bounty, correct? Good boots and I would love to have them, but it is already painful enough trying to get RoRG to put myself through that torture again.

Basically the only justification for getting Illusory is if you also want Gloves of Worship.

In my ~1000 Act2 bounties completed I got 1 Worship 1 Illusory ... they are NOT common.

Plus, Act2 is pretty terrible. Oasis and Desolate Sands are both way too big and Kulle's dungeons are also pretty lengthy ... lastly, clearing level2 of Ruins is the only bounty I like less than Kill Diablo.

:P

05/28/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Neuron
Jawbreaker is decent for bounty, and of course you probably have to switch weapons for high torment bounty.

I actually keep a JB in my inventory for swapping.

It takes a while to get used to it but I think it's a pretty great movement tool.
I know they're BIS for zDPS by far.

It's just hard to imagine where else you would use them.

Dual danetta on a DH moves about 50% faster than my monk can right now, with all the movement speed gear and skills I can muster.

And for farming where I actually do DPS, harrington/crimson is too essential.

You'll always want harringtons, so it would come at the cost of crimson's. A build that doesn't use crimsons is one that doesn't rely too heavily on Cooldowns and spenders.

So the frostburn/rimeheart combo? That's the only thing I can think of besides zDPS where you would use it.
they indeed are SUPER fun!

And really actually help with survivablity...alas,I had to give them up for Captain's boots :( I was sad when I did.
05/28/2014 09:29 AMPosted by Rukan
So the frostburn/rimeheart combo? That's the only thing I can think of besides zDPS where you would use it.

<looks at his own profile> ... yup! That's about it! :D

I 100% agree with your assessment.
I forgot to mention, something else that's fun alongside the boots are "WARZECHIAN ARMGUARDS" http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/warzechian-armguards

Even with TR/Epiphany those bracers are mad fun!

Even the shoulders that proc fan of knives, fun to play with.

I feel all three have great "fun" synergy :)

Still sad they are not very usable in higher torment.
I like Act 2 bounties. Only because I get loads of gear, xp and mat from Oasis. Don't like Belial and his explosive poison ground effect spam when his health his low though. Kill him before he kills you tactics is the only thing that works.
05/29/2014 10:07 PMPosted by Jsachun
I like Act 2 bounties. Only because I get loads of gear, xp and mat from Oasis. Don't like Belial and his explosive poison ground effect spam when his health his low though. Kill him before he kills you tactics is the only thing that works.

All of his attacks while in large form except the ground pound are lightning. If you have an Xephirian Amulet (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/xephirian-amulet), his fight becomes ridiculously easy. : )
I had those boots a while back. I don't remember ever being able to walk through walls though.
Druin, did you get any kind of reply from Blizzard to your letter?

(sorry for derailing this thread, I wish we could send PMs on this forum)