Monk, Tasker and Theo Build?

Monk
So Im trying to get my hands on this elusive gloves, since any followers we have is treated as PETS, Mystic Ally, Followers even the clones from the Haunt of Vaxo amulet.

Anyone tried this before? Just wondering how effective it is to increase attackspeed of the monk's pets...
up im really eager to know..
I'd be curious to know too. Seems like having the enchantress buffed with quick attack speed would be crazy.
05/27/2014 12:01 AMPosted by Relvinian
I'd be curious to know too. Seems like having the enchantress buffed with quick attack speed would be crazy.

yea same since fire monk mainly use magefist, and Im now just patiently waiting for the monk changes in 2.1, all I want to do now is just experiement with different builds, and gears.

and the thought came to me, how much better would our followers attackspeed would be when we have the gloves..
The Mystic Ally's auto attacks don't do any sort of noticeable damage, and if you wanted to buff their dps, getting Fire Ally with Mage Fists would be a much easier way.
If you were to get Tasker and Theo's with really nice rolls, sure why not use them. But trying to gamble for them for a specific build will absolutely not be worth it, although it might be fun ;)
Just random advice: gamble gloves on a 70DH if you only want tasker of frostburn, they have a smaller leg drop table than monks

Plus tasker on DH sentry build = super fun ^_^
Anyone tried the Tall Mans Finger for the mystic ally yet? :E
Tall man's Finger didn't work with monk pets.
05/27/2014 01:01 AMPosted by Bento
The Mystic Ally's auto attacks don't do any sort of noticeable damage, and if you wanted to buff their dps, getting Fire Ally with Mage Fists would be a much easier way.
If you were to get Tasker and Theo's with really nice rolls, sure why not use them. But trying to gamble for them for a specific build will absolutely not be worth it, although it might be fun ;)

Im not talking about mystic ally alone, pretty sure my other fire plus damage will buff fire ally, i have the vaxo, i have the asheara as well. so if have these army at my disposal, increased attack speed on all of em...just imagining how good they would be??
05/27/2014 10:35 AMPosted by halcyon
05/27/2014 01:01 AMPosted by Bento

Im not talking about mystic ally alone, pretty sure my other fire plus damage will buff fire ally, i have the vaxo, i have the asheara as well. so if have these army at my disposal, increased attack speed on all of em...just imagining how good they would be??
Vaxo is kind of the same deal as with the Mystic Ally (weak hits) but I totally forgot about Asheara's!
That sounds like it could be viable and definitely fun. I would be interested in seeing a video of that in action, if you do get your TnTs from Kadala. Good luck! :)
They all deal very low dmg, sacrificing a good slot for them to deal about 50% more dmg through attack speed wouldn't be worth it at all unless you've got no other gloves with better stats to use.

The Haunt of Vaxo clones are mostly useful for casting exploding palm. The Ashera set is mostly useful for the AOE polymorph, stuns and health regen. Mystic ally is mostly useful for the buffs it gives you (like +10% dmg for example). None of them do any significant dmg. Even at 121% fire dmg, the fire elemental dmg is pretty low. Those pets (aside from mystic ally) aren't even permanent on top of that.

Maybe you'd get like a 5% DPS boost if all the pets are there at once with those gloves, I don't know. Most gloves for sets or other bonuses would be much stronger.
05/27/2014 01:24 PMPosted by zerg
They all deal very low dmg, sacrificing a good slot for them to deal about 50% more dmg through attack speed wouldn't be worth it at all unless you've got no other gloves with better stats to use.

The Haunt of Vaxo clones are mostly useful for casting exploding palm. The Ashera set is mostly useful for the AOE polymorph, stuns and health regen. Mystic ally is mostly useful for the buffs it gives you (like +10% dmg for example). None of them do any significant dmg. Even at 121% fire dmg, the fire elemental dmg is pretty low. Those pets (aside from mystic ally) aren't even permanent on top of that.

Maybe you'd get like a 5% DPS boost if all the pets are there at once with those gloves, I don't know. Most gloves for sets or other bonuses would be much stronger.

hmm im still not convinced though, sacrificing 15-20% fire damage for increasing all say 6 allys at the same time.. seems pretty cool to me..il let u know when i found one :D
Im wearing 1 now..
05/27/2014 10:49 PMPosted by Shakyspeare
Im wearing 1 now..

well now you gotta tell me how are you utilizing the gloves the best you can :D
05/27/2014 11:10 PMPosted by halcyon
05/27/2014 10:49 PMPosted by Shakyspeare
Im wearing 1 now..

Haha ya thats a problem.. i still haven think of a way to utilize it
05/27/2014 11:29 PMPosted by Shakyspeare
05/27/2014 11:10 PMPosted by halcyon

Haha ya thats a problem.. i still haven think of a way to utilize it

haha :D well asheara set, vaxo, and ally, see how much difference it makes when you can get these gears though.. i dont know much either coz I dont see many monk use the gloves..
Followers != pets
Vaxo clones != pets
Gorget skeletons != pets

None of these things benefit from Tasker & Theo. Mystic Ally will, but unless you roll a pretty baller pair with stats that will also benefit your monk's damage, it'd probably be pretty pointless to wear them.

If you really want to run a zoo-keeper build, you're barking up the wrong tree.
Hey, saw this post and just to drop my 2c for the OP...

I got the TnT gloves and decided to use them, since they rolled quite nice and i was already using ashearas (dunno if u can see my profile because im EU) and mistic ally anyway...

The thing is, on followers in solo games the gloves dont seem to work, but when the followers are summoned trough asheara's they really seem to attack faster...its easy to see, just compare the attacks on your game follower and the summoned other 2 (remember to use with similar speed weapons ;-)).

With the fire ally he also seems faster, but i actually cant provide final proof thats not just "self sugestion" since i cant compare 2 at the same time :-S

I roll T3 / T4 and the followers+ally do a nice job creating openings, taking some dmg, and providing nice procs (azurewrath, maximus, windforce), not mentioning the buffs that stack with unity passive skill (i get around 200k white dps buff with them around and the resource/armor buff) and they summon for 30s, for a 30s cooldown, so they are almost always up. And no, i dont roll unity ring so i wont even mention it.

Furthermore, i roll a pretty normal light build, so the only change i have for follower/ally/ is the gloves, the asheara set, ally skill and unity passive(you can put VAxo on top, i just havent found a decent one yet). That being said and since i cant provide final proof on the other summons, where the gloves contribute the most is with Control weapons on followers, who will shine that much more, at least as long as they dont stand on the corruption or plague pools :-P for example, Kormac with azure is always freezing/taunting/healing, and he cant die because of the leggy trinket...

TL;DR - The gloves are cool, work on followers summoned by ashearas set, seem to work on mistic ally...To make the most of them equip followers very well so they can help u by taking dmg/Crowd Control.

Sorry for my english, im not a native speaker, just dropped to help.

Over n Out :-)
05/27/2014 04:57 AMPosted by Davlok
Just random advice: gamble gloves on a 70DH if you only want tasker of frostburn, they have a smaller leg drop table than monks

Plus tasker on DH sentry build = super fun ^_^

Tasker's really shines for a DH using the 4pc Marauder's + Cloak of the Garwulf build. You have 3 wolves plus all other pet allies doing considerable physical damage AND providing you with multipe buffs.

The Sentry build shines with the 6pc Marauder's build.

Cheers
I hate seeing people say followers are only good for their buffs. With Asheara's and Taskers you can get them to get some really nice damage. The items are really what makes them. If you have all your followers equipped with junk blues and yellows, yes their DPS will be bad. Garbage in = Garbage out. I choose to run my Templar as my main follower, and I'm working on getting all the gear I've accumulated for them the last few days equipped as I finish my Asheara's set. The set up I would recommend is:

Templar as hired follower. Immortal token with 100% CHD and high block chance (and unity if you run double unity), Thunderfury with ruby socket/ Azurewrath with ruby/ Echoing Fury with ruby/Genzaniku with ruby (yes many options, these are the most viable either due to their crowd control procs, summon procs or damage procs), Stormshield/ Wall of Man/ Freeze of Deflection/ Lidless Wall, Moonlight Ward with IAS and CC/Overwhelming Desire with 20% physical damage, IAS and CC, Band of Hollow Whispers/ Pandemonium Loop/ Wyrdward (if using TF)/ Physical Damage Stone of Jordan/ Justice Lantern/ Bul Kathos Wedding Band. I personally use Bul Kathos and Wyrdward.

The goal with the Templar is to get high crowd control and damage procs. His skills benefit from elite damage and physical skill %. Since a 100% CHD token caps all followers out you want to focus on STR, sockets for more STR gems when applicable (followers get 2.5x effect from main stats making it the best for itemization), IAS for more attacks meaning more procs, and CC until cap because crits are gud. Balanced out with whatever elite and physical damage you can get on those items means you'll end up with a 500k+ sheet damage follower capable of a surprisingly high damage output and great crowd control ability.

Enchantress is geared with an immune follower focus, halcyons ascent amulet, arcane stone of Jordan, and I prefer an Oculus ring, The Furnace for 2h socketed with diamond for 20% elite damage.

The goal is a bit different for the enchantress. Since she benefits from T&T when summoned through Asheara's proc it makes her a really good target for equipping The Furnace. The Furnace benefits from elite damage on it's proc so you can really chunk away monsters health with her on higher torments. I prefer to cap out CHD on the token, and pretty much ignore mainstat for IAS and elite damage. You can get 65% in total from perfect rolls on amulet and ring with a Flawless Royal Diamond. The oculus ring is unique because it can roll IAS twice giving you the most bang for your buck. So yeah Elite damage where available and IAS on all slots. Arcane skill %, CC and INT are your filler stats after those have been met.

Scoundrel I will gear with immortal follower with 100% CHD, Ess of Johan with 20% poison, IAS and if possible CC or Overwhelming Desire with the same rolls, I prefer Band of Hollow Whispers and Pandemonium Loop for rings. You could also use a poison stone of Jordan once again focusing on sockets, IAS and CC. Weapon choices are bit more simple. Buriza-Do Kyanon with ruby provides the best potential dps output with hard crowd control. If you run strongarm bracers then use a Windforce instead as you will get the knock back bonus. Hellrack can also be used.

Goal with scoundrel is the same as the above two. Max out CHD on token, stack sockets/IAS/CC to make best effect of the damage and CC procs available. Poison % chance is the best for scoundrel unless you're running the unlocks all skills token then I hear lightning is the better choice. The reasoning for Ess if you choose to use it over Desire is for some reason I've found that the scoundrel procs it the most out of the other followers but the 35% damage buff from Desire is not to be overlooked. The rings provide a nice fear chance, awesome haunt damage, and corpse explosions.

Sorry for the wall of text, but hopefully with this you could see why a 50% attack speed buff could be hugely beneficial to your army of constantly freezing, fearing, stunning, charming, haunting, damage buffing and most importantly % hp chunking, mercenaries.

As for Mystic Ally, I mean if you're not losing out on better gear it's a 50% increase to him so why not! Sure the auto attacks aren't hitting for 10s of millions but it's still hitting more often than before and the ability is going to be on cooldown at points so you may as well let it do more damage. I also have read on the WD forums that Vaxo is effected by Taskers much like the Asheara's followers. So again, more attacks is more attacks!

Sorry again for the wall of text on this oldish post. I'm just a huge advocate for making followers worthwhile for people. I love summon based builds.