T6 Immortal Shotgun Build

Crusader
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
OMG I'm SHREDDING T6 now! bahahaha
I'm currently stuck at doing 40M+ damage each beam on elites. Trying to get Hellskull from kadala but this maybe the most I've spent on shards with nothing to show for it. How rare is this shield? Is this sheild Kukri/Wand of woh rare?
06/28/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Mythicman
I'm currently stuck at doing 40M+ damage each beam on elites. Trying to get Hellskull from kadala but this maybe the most I've spent on shards with nothing to show for it. How rare is this shield? Is this sheild Kukri/Wand of woh rare?

More like 20 times more common
Hey Torin, im looking for a critique on my build to see where i can improve so i can clear T6 in about 15 min. I can do that currently in T5. In T6 i struggle tho, i die too many times and takes me +20 min to complete a rift. im a solo player, i only RiF at the RG.

currently im still hunting down better Akkans gloves so i can get the qaudfecta, to push my 48% CDR to about 52-53% CDR...then i can worry about ever finding a CDR FoTF so i can use my Harringtons. I also have Strongarm bracers in my stash. and only 1 Untiy ring atm.

My shotgun hits at the most around 44 million...usually 32m-38m range. I have +11k strength in-game with the Finery bonuses.

AR: 884 Holy %: 57% HF%: 26% (will hunt down perferct akkans shoulders with HF% + CDR after i get quad gloves, i have HF% shoulders but no CDR)

any advice to take to make T6 more manageable will be greatly appreciated!!!!

character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CaesarG-1573/hero/44357659
06/28/2014 07:10 AMPosted by CaesarG
any advice to take to make T6 more manageable will be greatly appreciated!!!!

When are you dying in T6, when AC runs out? If so, the simple answer is to put CDR on your gloves until you can find a pair that gives you both CDR and CHD.
Hi Torin...

Would want to have your take on my gear so far...

Here's my hunt list (in order i think):
1. shoulders with HF% and cdr
2. gloves with cdr and cd
3. Holy SOJ and amulet with CD CC and holy dmg
4. hellskull with better cdr

i can do up to T5 comfortably... (meaning lazy comfortably)... but sometimes run into situations where wrath becomes an issue. Not sure if it's my playstyle or i lack CDR.. AC seems to be down for 2-3 sec..
Sounds great; now if I only could get my hands on a FoF :( .. been gambling / farming it for ages.. just .. no luck. Thanks for sharing the build m8
Im a newer Crusader player and Im having trouble with my gear. I dont see how you guys can keep your wrath up without Embodiment of Power. Provoke gives enough for like 1 or 2 casts and you need a bunch of mobs for that. But Im just getting destroyed because what seems like low all res. I cant do T5 cause I get trucked. Im trying to get all res on what I can by droping the useless armor rolls but those rolls would just get replaced by +Heaven's Fury% so I dont forsee more all res then I have right now. So I feel kinda stuck.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vindicit-1708/hero/44851941
I'm so excited to give my crusader a go, now that I finally have all the 6 Akkhan pieces. I rolled as much resource cost reduction (instead of cdr) just to see how it feels. If it's not good, I'll reroll them with cdr instead.
I can't survive in t5 group rifts. without unity I am worst than my blessed shield spam to win build.
So, i just got FoTF and i'm not even close to get all the equips that i need for the build.
But even in T3, when i get a tougher elite, i simply die to fast. if the cooldown of indestructible are still active from a previous battle.
What can i do?
06/30/2014 11:00 PMPosted by Badir
So, i just got FoTF and i'm not even close to get all the equips that i need for the build.
But even in T3, when i get a tougher elite, i simply die to fast. if the cooldown of indestructible are still active from a previous battle.
What can i do?

Well there's the obvious "get more Arkkan pieces" but we all know that's easier said than done. For now you should consider making some Ashera's gloves and boots to help give you a boost of toughness, it'll help tind you over till you get the set pieces you need I know your magefists are really nice but the fire bonus obviously does nothing for you and neither does the atk speed, and your boots aren't that great so it's no loss to replace them.

If your problem is purely elites another option is get Aughild's helm and bracers. The helm naturally comes with AR so it won't be hard to craft a upgrade to your current helm and you can switch the bracers in and out of elite fights if you want to keep the wraps.

Otherwise
Reroll the Slash on your belt to Armor
Keep trying for that 2nd socket on your pants

GL
Just sort of completed shot gun yesterday and have a few problems.

AC still has about a 2 second downtime and I'm only hitting for about 20 mil ish, does a holy SOJ add that much?

Need to find a Hellskull and some better gloves/ammy and soj, would that put my damage in the 40 mil range instead of the 20 mil ish I'm doing?
What can i do?

If you have a Eberli Charo (reduces HF cooldown by 45-50%) you can do a tri beam build instead of shot gun. With about 40% CDR you can cast a triple HF right after the previous one expires that ticks for about 10-12 mil per second.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#YlQTgP!aWSd!aZYbYa

It's incredibly defensive and while you won't do too much burst damage, you'll provide a good amount of constant DPS to a team and really boost the group defense.
What can i do?

Most of the feedback in this build post is for groups.

Even Torin has said he usually does not use indestructible if soloing. As I mainly solo T6 with this build I started to think on this. I was doing T5 with no issues but T6 I felt way less Tanky and died sometimes. I definitely was having to focus more and avoid too much so I made changes. Now I never die in T6 and tank most everything without issue.

1st) Remove Holy cause, if you test it out is a pretty minor damage increase with Heavens Fury and the healing is not actually 1% as many posts say as its proc based and due to how Heavens Fury works its well below 1% and poor healing. It really is not worth using IMO. I recommend several options for Solo play:

Solo right now I am using Wrathful and Indestructible. My only loss here is a little bit of damage I was getting from Holy Cause. With this set up solo I have not died yet in T6. Wrathful keeps me well topped off and the rare time I get hit with multiple elites and nasty affixes that burn through that I have indestructible to back me up and allow me to quickly finish off whatever got me, of course not to mention Profit as well. For many this is overkill with Indestructible, however I love wading into T6 with no worries knowing that I can take on anything.

You could also run Wrathful and Vigilant - I actually enjoyed this very tanky feeling build as well. While with the above option I see my health change a lot more I enjoy knowing Indestructible is there for that overly nasty situation. However with Vigilant I rarely ever got low in health and was not dying either, you don't have the backup of indestructible but you feel super tanky while soloing.

I do not run Long Arm as regular Laws/unstoppable is enough with provoke to prevent wrath issues for me, This is the one area where if your regen is bad, perhaps due to poor uptime on AC. you may need to use Long Arm. But as you get enough CDR to keep close to perma AC you can likely drop long arm if using Laws/unstoppable.

Again this info is from someone who just solos with this build. I have put many hours into it, My gear is far from perfect yet but I generally clear T6 in 10-15 mins as I like to click and check everything as I go. Be much faster if i just plowed through the mobs =)

-- Eventually with optimal gear I will probably drop indestructible Solo and pick up Long arm with Laws/Critical for the extra 100 crit damage. Right now I just don't have enough damage to kill fast enough to prevent wrath issues, even with it on. I am doing about 31 million per beam on trash and 40 mill per beam on elite with my very tanky build. No unity and again have not died since I made this change in T6 solo.

Again the fun with either of those options is just feeling like you can take on anything with only a slight dps difference dropping Holy Cause. I will say your probably also better off solo if you need Long Arm/LoV unstoppable for the wrath dropping indestructible, keeping wrathful. You may die now and then but it will probably overall feel much more tanky solo.
After I made my above post today the heavens opened and I got an amazing SoJ and got 8% CDR on it. I start playing with all kinds of combinations for solo play that didnt include captains. While captains is still effective, had 56% CDR for perma AC, I found for solo play dropping it, using Unity, which I have a really good one with 14% elite dmg and also adds another 5.5% crit over my RoG, working on getting the CDR on it to 8%, rolls keep failing. I swap between Harringtons and my other belt depending on how many clickys are avail. Unity is hard to beat solo, its even better survival then with captains with full cdr, allows me 15-20% more elite dmg, 5.5% more crit and still be at 51% cdr when I get my roll on my unity. No real issues with the split damage.

When the instance is full of clickys it just flys by, 65 million dmg per beam on elites and I still need some better pieces of gear, without harringtons almost 50mill per beam on elites. Trash is 35-48 depending if harringtons or not. This should improve quite a bit with a few upgrades. Its hard to deny the power a good Unity adds when you have good CDR to go with it solo. It does feel a bit like cheating but its just such a speed upgrade while never dying. Also allowed me to drop indestructible and pick up Long arm for endless shotgun spam.

I can do T6 pretty good with what I posted above, even better with perma ac with the SoJ upgrade, but it still does not compare to solo play with the unity set up. Hard not to use.

I tried the hex pants, hated the play style of it. I enjoy point blank range and just blowing the crap out of stuff and being able to stand in most of the mess, lots of fun.
I find indestructible a mandatory passive. It's just as much for the comfort as it is for function. You can use it offensively to kill tough enemies or it just saves you outright. I'm a roll or 2 from being optimized everywhere so I have a decent grasp on the Dmg I'm doing and taking in. Prophet and indestructible together are the keys to the build that let you soak up the Dmg and plow through the monks cyclone balls of mobs. When stuff gets wild and there's mace windu lightsabers all over and molten explosions going off like its ww3, I just spam spam spam away with impunity. If I ever die it's directly because I was too lazy or lacked awareness to steed away from danger after my indestructible wore off. In other words it's always preventable, and that's just too comfortable a setup to go without. Indestructible is my number 1 top hellfire ammy choice.
07/01/2014 11:26 PMPosted by Montanx
I find indestructible a mandatory passive. It's just as much for the comfort as it is for function. You can use it offensively to kill tough enemies or it just saves you outright. I'm a roll or 2 from being optimized everywhere so I have a decent grasp on the Dmg I'm doing and taking in. Prophet and indestructible together are the keys to the build that let you soak up the Dmg and plow through the monks cyclone balls of mobs. When stuff gets wild and there's mace windu lightsabers all over and molten explosions going off like its ww3, I just spam spam spam away with impunity. If I ever die it's directly because I was too lazy or lacked awareness to steed away from danger after my indestructible wore off. In other words it's always preventable, and that's just too comfortable a setup to go without. Indestructible is my number 1 top hellfire ammy choice.

I Agree with indestructible being just a great comfortable passive, I am much more relaxed in generally playing with it.

But since I just solo and unity is pretty OP vs no unity, due to how good my unity and SoJ rolled, i've had no issues with a death by switching to long arm for mindless shotgun spam vs indestructible. The mindless spam also makes wrathful even more appealing for that extra layer of face tanking. I may very well switch back to indestructible just for the same reasons you mentioned, only dying if i just chose to ignore the bad after having the effect go off.

Wrath regen is still actually pretty good without long arm as long as i'm using at least the 5 second unstoppable and provoke, but I just never even have to think about wrath with the extra 5 seconds long arm adds. Its hard not to use the long arm skill with how durable unity makes you.

All my posts above are just for solo play as I haven't been grouping. I realize in group play its a whole different set up. If I didn't have such a good unity/harringtons I would still run the wrathful/indestructible combo using captain crimsons with perma AC for solo play, your only really giving up holy cause damage which isn't much of a dps add and poor healing with heaven's fury. By using wrathful/indestructible for solo, its just fun feeling... well... indestructible in T6.
A question on the OP's gear suggestion.

The buff from http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/strongarm-bracers , Does it trigger off of Condemn? Been scratching my head on if the sucking in counts as a "knockback" for the proc.