So When is next Community Buff?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
I saw a suggestion a while back that I'd like to bring back to the table. It's something that could go along with a reworking of the Treasure Gobs (they very, very rarely drop legendaries. I almost no longer bother chasing them). I'll toss in a couple of my own thoughts, since I've been kicking around the usefulness and uniqueness of this idea for a while.

Make an event where, on certain maps you'll see an especially large treasure gob with a purple name (or something to set it apart, visually from the rest of the gobs. Maybe a red bow or something on it's pack?). It would be similar to the way the Keywardens work, in that they only appear on certain maps. Make it so that when you kill it, it doesn't actually die. It gets back up, looks around and opens it's portal and jumps through. The only difference, is that it accidentally leaves the portal open. Follow into the portal and you'll be taken to their treasure realm. Inside, the Treasure Gobs will actually fight you (the ones that fight won't have as high of a chance at leg drops). But insert elite packs of Gobs with higher leg drop rates, then include 1-3 boss gobs which specifically have a higher chance to drop the much coveted class set items.

Need to balance out this type of community event? Make it something you can only do once per day. :) Also, since there could be only one of these spawn per game, but one map per act that they could have possibly spawned in, you'll be able to allow some balance of time spent searching for this special mob vs reward.
05/31/2014 05:48 AMPosted by FightingTao
I saw a suggestion a while back that I'd like to bring back to the table. It's something that could go along with a reworking of the Treasure Gobs (they very, very rarely drop legendaries. I almost no longer bother chasing them). I'll toss in a couple of my own thoughts, since I've been kicking around the usefulness and uniqueness of this idea for a while.

Make an event where, on certain maps you'll see an especially large treasure gob with a purple name (or something to set it apart, visually from the rest of the gobs. Maybe a red bow or something on it's pack?). It would be similar to the way the Keywardens work, in that they only appear on certain maps. Make it so that when you kill it, it doesn't actually die. It gets back up, looks around and opens it's portal and jumps through. The only difference, is that it accidentally leaves the portal open. Follow into the portal and you'll be taken to their treasure realm. Inside, the Treasure Gobs will actually fight you (the ones that fight won't have as high of a chance at leg drops). But insert elite packs of Gobs with higher leg drop rates, then include 1-3 boss gobs which specifically have a higher chance to drop the much coveted class set items.

Need to balance out this type of community event? Make it something you can only do once per day. :) Also, since there could be only one of these spawn per game, but one map per act that they could have possibly spawned in, you'll be able to allow some balance of time spent searching for this special mob vs reward.

I actually really like this idea
Here are some (hopefully) easy to implement event ideas:

Double Duration Shrine/Pylon - the duration of all shrine/pylon buffs are doubled during this event.

Double rift guardians - A single rift has two rift guardians spawn instead of just one during this event.

No Cost Rifting - Rifts do not cost rift key fragments during this event.

Double the total damage for each party member to join - (so a 2 man group would do 2x more damage total. A 3 man group would do 4x more damage total. A 4 man group would do 16x more damage total). This would encourage grouping up in full 4 man parties for the event duration.

Try it on event - A vendor offers all set gear and legendaries during this event. This would enable players to try a build before actually devoting hundreds of hours getting the actual gear. Those items expire after the event is over.
Personally, it would be better for more minor buffs, such that it increases variety while not making it game changing. Ideas like this:

Lucky Day: 20% more gold will drop
Day of the Elites: Elite/Champion packs have a 30% more chance to spawn
Pacifist Day: Enemies deal 25% less damage, however you also deal 10% less damage.
and so on....

05/31/2014 06:27 AMPosted by ThanatosVI

Also this.
05/30/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Nevalistis
05/30/2014 04:26 PMPosted by Dafuque
I thought Community Buff's will be something Regular?

We do want to make additional use of community buffs, but the last buff ended only a week ago! Patience, my friend. :) All in due time!

05/30/2014 04:26 PMPosted by Dafuque
What buff would you like to have?

I'm also interested to hear what kind of buffs you'd like to see. While we may not be able to something every week, or use every idea, I'd love to know the types of buffs you find most interesting!
I would like a community buff that would greatly increase the drop chance of the very rare legendary drops.For example gryfalcons foote SOJ Unity etc.
05/30/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Polaris
Blizzard probably already thought of the basic ones:

-GP event
-XP event
-MF/Legendary event
-Crafting ingredients event
-Shards and Keystones event
-Combinations of the above

So onto some more interesting ones.

IDEA 1: Invasions! Certain objects become common throughout Sanctuary.
-Goblin Invasion: ~10 goblins per zone
-Sanctuary's Wail: ~3x as many shrines and pylons as usual, and duration doubled for each. All Health Pools spawn as XP pools.
-Treasure Planet: ~3x as many chests, breakables, and interactive scenery as usual

IDEA 2: Challenge! Things that make the game harder for a while.

-Elites Rule the World: Common monsters no longer spawn. Only elites!
-The Meek Shall Inherit: Common monsters deal double damage
-Diablo has Risen: Bosses who normally inhabit special arenas (such as Butcher, Maghda, Malthael) spawn in the world and Rifts
-Clot: Health Globes drop 25% as frequently

IDEA 3: Rule Changes! What you thought you knew, you no longer know.
-Heroic Times: All quest and event rewards are doubled.
-Spy: Each zone has a "spy." The spy is a typical monster that is not specially marked. Killing it grants a large bonus, like a Resplendent Chest. Rewards full-clearing zones.
-Portals: Like in the Portal Realm (A5), Portals spawn monsters. Unlike the Portal Realm, the Portals follow the players around rather than closing so there is no escaping the onslaught. Feels like Gauntlet.

legs before 70 whats the point
How about a trading day? First saturday of each month you can trade legendaries. Or all account bound items.
i'd like to see double the fragments bonus weekends (just like how it was in the anniversary buff). i didn't get to take advantage of that during the anniversary buff and now im broke and its quite tedious to farm those fragments just so i could rift. you only see one drop from bounties. and caches only drop 2...
I would like to see a special event community buff every weekend starting each friday night and ending sunday night.

Cornucopia buff: 10% buff to exp/gold/leg drop/speed/damage.

Epic battle buff/event: complete all bounties for each act during the community event weekend and you will open a portal to battle one super boss that takes 10 waves of fighting to reach. Each wave gets harder. If your character gets killed, it resets you to round 1. The boss will have a guaranteed green legendary drop for your class, a random key for hellfire ring, and gives a buff of 10% exp/gold/damage for 24 hours of real game time. The completed bounties would be kept track of even after logging off. The buff would persist even after logging off. You can only do this once per weekend when the event occurs.
My 2 cents.

I absolutely love it when Blizz lays a community buff on us, however, looking through some of the suggestions brought up a couple points of concern.

1. A damage buff (while neat in theory) would not be particularly welcomed by players that are attempting to tweak gear/skills for greater efficiency.

2. A damage reduction buff would not be welcomed by players that are attempting to tweak gear/skills for better survivability. (Hardcore comes to mind)

So what I'm getting at is rather simple. A community buff ideally would not effect the players power/survivability (core experience) but rather present an opportunity to gain more loot/xp via increased rates, decreased rates (crafting/shards), special events and challenges.

I'm not speaking for everyone, but I do believe that many players with hundreds/thousands of hours in-game would not enjoy having to account for additional damage/reduc for every potential gear/skill upgrade.

Bloody
05/30/2014 05:45 PMPosted by jacksknight
Yeah god forbid we have all the fun at once, we must suffer before we can have the slightest hint at fun in this game.

This is why you never give kids dessert. Then they just cry when they don't get it with every meal.

It's dessert child, you don't need it to live.
I would realy like the idea of having a event were we have a kind of dubble / triple drop chance of set items.
Hi,

I've been reading almost all posts, and some of them are really interesting. First of all I've been playing Diablo since the first game came out, that was in 1996 or so, when I first played that game I felt different and attached to the game, Diablo 1, was spectacular. Why am I telling you all this thing, because I feel that Diablo 3 can be a better game. I enjoy playing the game right now, after the AH was eliminated, as a player you really feel the difference between the game before and after the AH. But things can be improved, because after reaching T6 and create a good team so you can finish a T6 Rift like in 7-9 min, you're getting bored.

I played quite a lot, since ROS came out, got my character on a decent parragon level (455 - barb), and I feel that the game needs new things, not especially buffs. Buffs are fine till you reach a certain level, after that what good is a buff for? Don't get me wrong I really am a fan of the buffs, and that's why I'm here to post some of my ideas. The thing is that i would love to see Blizzard not only looking in the buff section, but as well in other type of game mods.

As for the buffs:

1 - there should be a legendary chest reward, make a event where elites are guarding a chest, make it a challenging battle, at least one legendary should drop from the chest and higher gems also, and much more gold, so players feel that they found a real treasure, and it worth the big fight (when players open the resplendent, as the game is now I can assure you that the feeling is quite poorly) . Here is the key - make this event possible once or maximum twice every 24 hours, so players won't farm only this event over and over, because of the reward. This should be like a side quest in Hearthstone.

2 - I agree with the idea of a DMG buff while in the proximity of other players.

3 - Two re-roll for one item per day, once every two weeks (maybe this will be a major buff and won't work). Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the different adventure modes!

1 - There should be a different Rift type where rewards are much consistent, but here's the key - every time a player dies a penalty of -10% of his damage will be applied (during that particular Rift), so players will be more carefully during the battle.

2 - There should be hard quests implemented (long quests), where player need to find crafting materials to create they're own legendary items, with the stats they really like. Make it so that no more than one or two items of this type can be worn by a character.

3 - Why no higher torment? - Where supreme legendaries (better legendaries, one extra property) drop, and can only be used in that higher torment, so players can't wear this specific legendaries in a lower Torment. Make it so that, during this higher torment, each player can die maximum two or three times, with no possible resurrection, once again this will make the game more challenging (repairing your items does not).

4 - Side by side adventure mode! - Two teams (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4), should enter the a Rift and once they enter, the other team enters in a different Rift but with the exact same map and monsters, so there are no differences. The winning team (the one who finishes the Rift first) should get a extra reward. If there is no PvP, let two teams fight the hordes of hell and see which team is better. I think that players need to be motivated while playing Diablo, and this way I personally feel, that they can be.

Oh and one more thing. I would really like to see the statistics after a Rift, to see how much damage has been dealt, how many monsters each player has killed, how many elites each player killed, etc.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.
05/31/2014 07:01 AMPosted by Kaputt

Double the total damage for each party member to join - (so a 2 man group would do 2x more damage total. A 3 man group would do 4x more damage total. A 4 man group would do 16x more damage total). This would encourage grouping up in full 4 man parties for the event duration.

Having the multiplier be that high for 3 and 4 man groups would be absurd.

Try it on event - A vendor offers all set gear and legendaries during this event. This would enable players to try a build before actually devoting hundreds of hours getting the actual gear. Those items expire after the event is over.

Bad idea - first because it's not like there's anything else to do besides strive for the actual gear, and second because the complaints after the items expired would cause the universe to collapse. I can see some of them now - "Those items were supposed to expire????????????? But.. I sold all my other gear because I got those!!!!!!!!!!!1111one"
The Goblin Gauntlet - Spawns a hidden Portal in one of the acts to a special instance. Players must navigate and fight their way through a dungeon with hostile and dangerous Goblin Soldiers and make their way to the boss, the Goblin Warlord. The Goblin mobs in this instance would drop more gold than normal mobs, and the Goblin Warlord would have a chance to drop a special legendary, or alternatively have a chance to drop a rare Set Plans. The set bonuses should give Magic and Gold Find, but also should give a good offensive bonus to make it more competitive with other similar sets (Cain's MF/XP + Attack speed).

Something like this may be asked to become more permanent after the community buff, however I propose that the portal remain spawnable in a random act but not with a 100% rate when the buff is over. It will be a random in-world event that one would have to find themselves like most other randomized events.
05/31/2014 05:48 AMPosted by FightingTao

Damn your idea is similar to mine and I like yours a lot too. Really hope they add something like our ideas to the game.
05/30/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Nevalistis
I'm also interested to hear what kind of buffs you'd like to see. While we may not be able to something every week, or use every idea, I'd love to know the types of buffs you find most interesting!

A buff to elite mobs would be interesting.

1) Buff elites giving them bonus abilities/stats; reward = an extra item per mob?

2) Buff the # of elites per rift
Community Buff idea.
"Christmas Buff"

Allow you to give any BOA legendary to another player. Put a cap on it of 3-5 legs
Gift giving Diablo style