Suggestion: Make season legs only drop in season.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Actually, they confirmed that said season only leg would indeed be rolled into the main games loot table at end of season.

Semantics.

Uhhh, no they didn't. Season only legendaries being added to the non-season loot table was a question/suggestion made by MissCheetah in a thread on the general forums. Players got carried away and started saying it was happening.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12647164860?page=1

Yes they did, as in directly, from the mouths of the developers themselves.

Twitch stream, linked to you on the home page of this very site.

Here is a break down of all info from said stream:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48075-more-info-from-the-anniversary-dev-stream-gambling

The portion of note is this:

•Season only items will be rolled into the droppable item pool in non-season games after the end of a season.
I agree with the OP. Also be sure to make these ladder only legendaries the absolute best items ever. And allow ladder characters to "steal" items from non-ladder characters using a certain item (ladder only of course), not unlike the "Boo Ghost" in mario kart.
06/05/2014 08:05 AMPosted by DIVINExWRATH
There is nothing forcing you to participate in seasons. Also when the season ends the only thing you lose is the character itself. All the experience, gold, and items go into your main account so the gear can just be put on your main character and it's the same as having your old character.

Hi DIVINExWRATH,

Not sure if you are trolling or not but...

Meet my friend DIVINExWRATH

06/05/2014 07:51 AMPosted by DIVINExWRATH
This also makes the seasons mandatory and will make more people participate in them.

Definition of "Mandatory": "authoritatively ordered; obligatory; compulsory"

Definition of "Make": "to cause, induce, or compel"

Please note, directly contradicting yourself is not an effective way to argue your position.

Note, you did not say "optional", no you said "mandatory".

I also wholly disagree with your premise that playing in seasons should be encouraged. Creating a new character for a season should be an option as is creating a new character in hardcore or softcore.

"Starting from scratch" in a new season is not any form of punishment or sacrifice. Starting from scratch in a season is simply a means of enabling a level playing field competition. This is and always will be the primary purpose of a season mode in any game.

Any secondary effects or purposes, such as economy resets a la Diablo II, are and always will be just that, secondary effects or purposes of seasons.

I hope for your sake you are trying to ironically point out the flaws in all the "pro season-exclusive legendary" arguments, but I fear you are not.

Best Wishes

Uhhh, no they didn't. Season only legendaries being added to the non-season loot table was a question/suggestion made by MissCheetah in a thread on the general forums. Players got carried away and started saying it was happening.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12647164860?page=1

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48075-more-info-from-the-anniversary-dev-stream-gambling

•Season only items will be rolled into the droppable item pool in non-season games after the end of a season.

My bad, I stand corrected. Pretty awesome they are doing that, imo.
06/05/2014 10:47 AMPosted by FoxyShoxzy

My bad, I stand corrected. Pretty awesome they are doing that, imo.

Its been a pain trying to link this info, as it has never been directly stated in a Blue post, so I totally understand why you had no idea. ;)

And I agree, as a player with exactly 0 intention of ever playing a Ladder Season, this decision pleases me as well.
06/05/2014 08:01 AMPosted by iamcuddles
I think this community is well informed and smart enough to know what is happening and how it works.

In this case they are not, Seasons will be an opt-in as was said, like Hardcore or not.
06/05/2014 07:51 AMPosted by DIVINExWRATH
By doing this you are making the seasons mainly optional because people know they can just get the item after the season.

Seasons ARE meant to be optional... Why do you care if people get legendary drops 6 months after you do? ¬¬
06/05/2014 10:50 AMPosted by AudioCG
Its been a pain trying to link this info, as it has never been directly stated in a Blue post, so I totally understand why you had no idea. ;)

I suppose I can fix that. :P

Just to confirm our current plans with Seasons, as we've stated in earlier interviews/livestreams (though bear in mind that as with any current plans, this is subject to change):
  • Seasons will be optional. Similar to how you flag a character as Hardcore, when you create a character, you have the option to also make them Seasonal.
  • There will be Seasonal Legendaries.
    • At the end of a Season, Seasonal Legendaries will roll over into the non-Season loot pool.
    • New Seasonal Legendaries will be available for Seasonal characters once the new Season begins.

We're not quite ready to share the finer details on 2.1 or Seasons just yet, but as we get nearer the 2.1 PTR, you can be sure we'll have more info to share. ;)
06/05/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Nevalistis

• At the end of a Season, Seasonal Legendaries will roll over into the non-Season loot pool.
  • New Seasonal Legendaries will be available for Seasonal characters once the new Season begins.
[/li][/ul]

We're not quite ready to share the finer details on 2.1 or Seasons just yet, but as we get nearer the 2.1 PTR, you can be sure we'll have more info to share. ;)

so, theoretically speaking, we can eventually have hundreds of season only legendary dropping in the main game? thats awesome :)
I disagree with OP and would like season only legendaries to go into general item pool. I don't want to be punished for not playing for a certain period of time. Paid the same one time price as everyone else. Glad to see this is not how it will be implemented.
Glad Blizzard is busy coming up with fun, new, innovative ways to play this ga...OH WAIT!

To be very clear here, that means that we'll be able to find Seasonal Legendaries on regular (softcore/hardcore) characters after that season has expired, correct? Not just that we'll be able to keep the Seasonal Legendaries we found during the season.
06/05/2014 12:10 PMPosted by NinjaKhan

To be very clear here, that means that we'll be able to find Seasonal Legendaries on regular (softcore/hardcore) characters after that season has expired, correct? Not just that we'll be able to keep the Seasonal Legendaries we found during the season.

...really hope this is the case. It would be a good move.
To be very clear here, that means that we'll be able to find Seasonal Legendaries on regular (softcore/hardcore) characters after that season has expired, correct?

Correct!

Not just that we'll be able to keep the Seasonal Legendaries we found during the season.

That too!
06/05/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Nevalistis
06/05/2014 10:50 AMPosted by AudioCG

I suppose I can fix that. :P

Just to confirm our current plans with Seasons, as we've stated in earlier interviews/livestreams (though bear in mind that as with any current plans, this is subject to change):
  • Seasons will be optional. Similar to how you flag a character as Hardcore, when you create a character, you have the option to also make them Seasonal.
  • There will be Seasonal Legendaries.

I think you could definitely implement his idea alongside what you are currently planning to do. Perhaps only a few items will be 1 season drops, while the others role into non ladder. You CAN do both.
Out of curiosity, is there anywhere we can go to find out about these new seasonal legendary items? I mean, I'd like to know if there's anything I should even get excited about beforehand. I don't mind starting over, but if part of the allure is fancy new special loot, I'd want to know if said fancy new loot matters for a darn to me first.
06/05/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
To be very clear here, that means that we'll be able to find Seasonal Legendaries on regular (softcore/hardcore) characters after that season has expired, correct?

Correct!

Not just that we'll be able to keep the Seasonal Legendaries we found during the season.

That too!

Only problem I see with this is that eventually - since there will be so many new legendaries each season - it will be harder to find the specific one you are looking for.
It's funny how, amidst the swirling excitement and buzz surrounding an entirely new mode of gameplay, the only thing people give two !@#$s about is new legendaries.

And somewhere, deep within the walls of the compound, Blizzard struggles to accomplish what it did 11 years ago. Like a 72 year old man squeezing into a polyester suit.
I feel as the season only legs should stay with season only BUT just like in D2, should go over to softcore chars as well. I dont think we should add them into the regular item pool after that season. Why put the time in to find those legs when I can just wait till the season ends to find those season only legs.

For some people, ladder/season was a optional choice for players dedicated or not to hunt for really cool legendary items that could only appear playing on ladder. Yes we will still have people playing seasons that are much more dedicated to D3 and want to have stats tracked and what not but I think making those legs available to everyone after the season doesnt really make sense. You should only be able to find those items in the season and have them roll over to your acc of course when the season ends. Unless the dev team is planning on like making those items only available to softcore people for a week or something like that.

IMO a lot of people would wait till the season is over to find those special season only legs because what would be the point to play for 3 months or how ever long the season is just to be able to find them in the normal SC realm after that time. Unless you guys are going to be dishing out new legs every season then heck im game for them becoming available to everyone after the season.

EDIT: Seasons need an incentive to be played over the regular game and just taking those items and then making them available to everyone after a season does not make me want to play seasons at all. Will the drop rates increase if im in a season as compared to them rolling over to everyone after the season ends? will they be harder to find on the non season servers? there was a reason I played years and years of D2 trying to find a deaths fathom or make those dope rune words. if everyone was able to do that on D2 I dont think anyone would of played ladder... again other then the peeps that really were dedicated to PVP or those stats.
06/05/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Zemini
06/05/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Correct!

That too!

Only problem I see with this is that eventually - since there will be so many new legendaries each season - it will be harder to find the specific one you are looking for.

That might be a "good" problem to have!

Especially if the itemization of the new gear is done well enough to support a greater variety of builds.