There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with RiF

General Discussion
06/03/2014 04:02 PMPosted by OhHellzNo
Currently openers outnumber runners so badly that it takes several minutes to even get into another game.

Such a lie. Maybe if your connection is slow. RiF is clockwork. Jump from one to another.
06/03/2014 03:52 PMPosted by BlackVenom
How fast can a player play a T6 rift or T3 rift etc.. versus how many RiF can a play join to kill the Rift guardian in that same amount of time ?

Now do the xp count and shard count. Then gamble them shards with Kadala ..

XP: T6 runner wins easily.
Shard: Opener obviously, but it doesn't matter because
Legendary's/Hour: T6 Runner easily.

Have you even tried to RiF? It's not like you join a game, get the RG, leave, then 20 seconds later join another game. Currently openers outnumber runners so badly that it takes several minutes to even get into another game.

I tried to RiF a few nights and I'd say it took me 30 minutes to fill up on blood shards. Thats why I pretty much don't RiF any more. At least not as an opener. Might start doing it as a runner.

You farmed a chat room.

How can you not see the problem a -50 IQ person would.
Have you even tried to RiF? It's not like you join a game, get the RG, leave, then 20 seconds later join another game. Currently openers outnumber runners so badly that it takes several minutes to even get into another game.

Clan game RiF hop while waiting ..

Either way .. you can go chat, eat, what tv and just hop in when ever and still free xp / shards while otherwise = xp/ shards ..

0 xp / 0 shards while watching tv / eat / fapping sounds about right where it should be. RiF changes that alittle.

But if you read my previous post.. RiF can stay and should stay but work on " REWARD PLAYERS THAT PLAY " .. part.. I can't see you disagreeing..
06/03/2014 04:04 PMPosted by AresSupreme
Currently openers outnumber runners so badly that it takes several minutes to even get into another game.

Such a lie. Maybe if your connection is slow. RiF is clockwork. Jump from one to another.

I admit it, I lied. You are such a great detective. I cannot continue the lie in the face of the insurmountable evidence you have provided that I am lying.

Idiot.

How would you know anyways?

06/02/2014 05:47 PMPosted by AresSupreme
I exclusively run rifts, I never join them.

For anyone that actually has a point, my experience is trying to open RiF in the evening, Pacific time. And my ping to bnet is always sub 80.
06/03/2014 04:08 PMPosted by BlackVenom
But if you read my previous post.. RiF can stay and should stay but work on " REWARD PLAYERS THAT PLAY " .. part.. I can't see you disagreeing..

I don't disagree. So why don't anti-RiF people try to come up with solutions that will make farming more compelling than just crying "Nerf RiF!!!!"

You can't disagree that most of the people complaining about RiF have no recommendations besides coming up with ways to kill RiF.
06/03/2014 03:08 PMPosted by AresSupreme
You ignore a few keypoints
RiF can in fact be effecting Kadala's drop rates as when the devs are looking to see on average how many shards players get, where RiF players are on the far end of the spectrum, and those who choose to not use RiF are on the other end

Except there is no proof that this is happening and building an argument around the speculation that it's happening or going to happen is completely worthless.

Secondly, the community is consumed by a single overly efficient overly boring method of farming shards thus making it harder to form teams such as loot share groups and effectively undercutting groups such as Loot it Forward and Rift Runz

Again, you are building an argument around speculation. We don't have any conclusive proof that RiF is "consuming the community" as you put it. All we have is community with 6k people in it with no comparison to the total number of people running rifts, bounties, etc. It's the old misguided argument that because the number seems big, then that means it's big.

Third, I wouldn't take the blue post as security that nothing will be done about RiF. Don't be naive. If you've been here from the beginning of D3 you should know that things are ever changing and if the masses are doing it, chances are the devs will eventually cut it. Also, there was another blue post where one of the blue's was asking about RiF in such a way that seemed as if the devs were thinking of whether or not to nerf it and how they could nerf it

I'm sorry, but until the blues come out and say otherwise, then what they said is the answer. You don't like it, good for you but that doesn't change the fact that their current stance on the subject follows that comment.

Also I keep hearing this "RiF builds community" actually no. This is far form true. Try chatting about anything other than "T3 RG UP" and you will be flamed immediately.

It's incredibly simpleminded to think that the only thing that defines a community is chat. If you honestly don't see a community for more than a glorified chat room, then you really don't understand what you are arguing against.
06/03/2014 03:52 PMPosted by BlackVenom

How fast can a player play a T6 rift or T3 rift etc.. versus how many RiF can a play join to kill the Rift guardian in that same amount of time ?

Now do the xp count and shard count. Then gamble them shards with Kadala ..

The big question is .. How much has the guy who clears the RiF play the game versus RiF guy " playing the game " ?? if you get my meaning.

take a look at my profile. I can solo t5 with my wiz average 7min, solo t6 with my DH average 7min. on average 2000 shard give me at most 3 leg, while clear whole rift, i get at least 10 leg per hour, 15 on average. Once I get 26 leg in an hour and the most leg I get out of 2000 shard is 5. Kadala does help when it come to the last piece I need, but she really does not help that much. I get full set of marauder after 2.05, 2 out of Kadala and all other from rift drops, only 1 from me though. by the way, i get my marauder set with in a week of farming.
I highly doubt I can get more than 2000 shard an hour since it take so !@#$ing long to find a spot. every T6 RG give you about 100 shard and you need 20 t6 game to get 2000. Join 20 game in an hour is insane and you really don't get that much legs.
I don't give a damn about opener getting to much gear. as long as I have a way to continue rifting without farming for %^-*ing keys, i am fine. But, it seems to me that the idea "RiF is the best way of getting loot" is stupid.

P.S. The best way to get gear is actually play a sup monk with a bunch of people who don't need gear and ask for what ever they find. A well coordinated team with a monk can solo t6 under 5min easily I get 3 piece of AKK, 3 piece of marauder for doing that and gave away 3 full set of Vyr, 2 full set of Tal, 3 piece of Marauder to monks who played with me.
the only thing wrong with RIF is that blizzard apparently made kadala useless for everyone else
06/03/2014 05:08 PMPosted by SemperAye
the only thing wrong with RIF is that blizzard apparently made kadala useless for everyone else

You think if they make RiF not possible, they buff Kadala 10 times?

Please, don't be so naive, they have not nerfed Kadala nor they buff it. OK, maybe they buff her if enough people cry...
There is nothing wrong with the RiF PROCESS. What if I want to help my clanmates/friends? This is probably the best way, given the BoA nature of the loot in the game.

The MAIN PROBLEM is that you are rewarded exponentially for doing so little work. There should be a reasonable downside in attaining so many blood shards while playing less of the game.

A simple solution to this is having Rift Keys drop considerably less in Bounties and have the Rift keys drop from Elites inside rifts. This way, people who want to keep doing Rifts can do so without being forced to play bounties. And people who want to use the RiF process actually worked to get those Blood Shards, albeit in a different manner.

They should also redesign bounties to give it a better purpose than getting Rift Keys.