Haunt and Locus Swarm Damage fixed in Patch!

Witch Doctor
IF you go to your launcher and click on the patch notes it is one of the bug fixes addressed in the patch. I know a lot of Jade docs have been waiting for this fix. Just and FYI

Happy hunting
I have haunt rolled jade pieces in my bank, heh.
Hope this is truth, I've got a haunt% ToTD sitting in my bank : )
Wow, that means my jade set would suck without having haunt on my armor and TotD :(
Oh snap! If this is true, I will be very happy and conflicted at the same time. I will go from 42% CDR to around 30% CDR...I'll have to play around with it, but that extra 28% Haunt damage (not counting what is already on my chest) would be nice!
Duuuuuuuuddddeeeee.... NO MORE CRAFTING MATS?!!!!!! I have about 6k Death's Breaths to roll through now!
06/10/2014 08:32 AMPosted by ButteryNugs
Oh snap! If this is true, I will be very happy and conflicted at the same time. I will go from 42% CDR to around 30% CDR...I'll have to play around with it, but that extra 28% Haunt damage (not counting what is already on my chest) would be nice!

I wouldn't probably swap 42->30 for that extra haunt dmg, i have one piece of %14haunt (chest) and that should be it. Might try on my mojos but i like 8% cdr there more.
06/10/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Notrius
06/10/2014 08:32 AMPosted by ButteryNugs

I wouldn't probably swap 42->30 for that extra haunt dmg, i have one piece of %14haunt (chest) and that should be it. Might try on my mojos but i like 8% cdr there more.

Like I said, I will have to test 'er out. Having an additional 42% haunt damage would make me feel like I did before the DoT crit on hit mechanical change. If I can hit for ~1.2b without that 42%, that means I would hitting for 1.7b. That is almost enough to one-shot everything in t6 outside of RGs. That in itself might be worth the CDR loss.

Again, testing needed.
06/10/2014 08:44 AMPosted by ButteryNugs
06/10/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Notrius

Like I said, I will have to test 'er out. Having an additional 42% haunt damage would make me feel like I did before the DoT crit on hit mechanical change. If I can hit for ~1.2b without that 42%, that means I would hitting for 1.7b. That is almost enough to one-shot everything in t6 outside of RGs. That in itself might be worth the CDR loss.

Again, testing needed.

Bro, this is not simply the multiplication.
It wont be that good, 42% means about at most 25% more dps imo.
Keep in mind that haunt bonuses are ADDITIVE with harrington's and strongarms.

Also keep in mind that overkill doesn't help any.

I'll definitely be keeping CDR on my offhand. I have shoulders with both haunt and CDR though, so I might as well have it there.
I have a pretty GG CDR 15% locust swarm offhand in the bank waiting for this fix. Not sure about shoulders yet, but chest/mojo is a lock for the bonus. Happy for the fix.
06/10/2014 09:11 AMPosted by soci
I have a pretty GG CDR 15% locust swarm offhand in the bank waiting for this fix. Not sure about shoulders yet, but chest/mojo is a lock for the bonus. Happy for the fix.

I'd rather have vit than locust swarm. Swarm kills most trash, big stuff like trees it doesn't (unless harrington), but 15% won't change that, so you'll still haunt a tree. That being the case, what's the point?
Why do i only see monk patch notes I don't see any other class
ButteryNugs I totally agree I have been working to get My CDR up and just broke 30% and really love what it allows you to do as far as casting speed and survivability. Now to find a balance between CDR & Haunt damage.
06/10/2014 09:19 AMPosted by vishnu
06/10/2014 09:11 AMPosted by soci

I'd rather have vit than locust swarm. Swarm kills most trash, big stuff like trees it doesn't (unless harrington), but 15% won't change that, so you'll still haunt a tree. That being the case, what's the point?

I don't locust trash too much unless it's a big pack. It's there for diseased finishing elites/RG/etc. Might go back to Vit if I start dying of course. EP pull groups I only haunt once or twice then harvest tagged. The Mojo is pretty gg too like 2% more sheet dps than current Mojo. I have 18k Life on Kill right now, any extra damage might be worth it.
Yeah in party I locust even less. If there's a monk in the group I actually swap locust for horrify. Locust is for killing trash when soloing.

edit: I thought I saw that diseased got patched in the datamined notes, but it isn't in the notes on the b.net loader. In any case, I wouldn't count on relying on bugged diseased swarm. Whether it got fixed this patch or not, it will be eventually.
Yeah in party I locust even less. If there's a monk in the group I actually swap locust for horrify. Locust is for killing trash when soloing.

Diseased got fixed in the patch if you look at the notes, so it won't be much good to you for what you've been using it for.

If diseased is fixed, probably won't run locust in a group.

I might run mass hysteria - paranoia for the 20% debuff, or even hex for healing or damage debuff.

Don't see the notes, or the diseased swarm thing in the notes. Where do you see it?
It doesn't seem to be working... I did 550m before, and 550m now. Anyone else?
When I click the link, it still says Patch 2.05 notes.
Where can we find the Patch 2.06 notes? Someone provide the link or content please.
Thanks.