Why are leg mats still dropping ?

General Discussion
06/10/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Grimiku
There is currently a bug that is causing some Legendary crafting materials to continue to drop after the patch. We’re still looking into the specifics of the bug, and don't have a current estimate to share on when this will be fixed (or how: via hotfix or patch). In the meantime, thanks for your reports!

Please Grimiku, keep the mats dropping. They have nice flavor text which I would miss not being part of the game anymore, and their 50k value makes for a nice surprise when they do drop.
I like where this thread is going.
06/10/2014 01:24 PMPosted by dos350
06/10/2014 10:32 AMPosted by Taaz
Where's trading?

this~~~~

This!!!

Trading and PvP is our "End Game" How about work on that.
Lazy, so VERY lazy.

I liked the idea of needing MATS to craft. Sure there was the storage issue, heck I even created a toon just to hold MATS. I liked that one required effort to roll a legendary not just needing a spammable button that ends when your gold does.

So instead of finding a way to store the MATS, you delete them like a piece of trash, dumb'ed down the system to fit some lazy backdoor hack Dev. Shame on you!!!
Absolutely leave it in. It's not like these materials are dropping often enough to shift the economy or something, since it never matters which one of them drop anymore just having a random 50k little trinket drop as a bonus every once in a while is nice and gives a good reason to still do bounties.
Better question is.. why are you complaining about a 50k gold free item?
If all Legandary materials are gone why do i still need to find the stuff for the staff of herding the hardest one of
all to find and it is still in the game ? i have spent over 200 hours looking for the gibbering gemstone and it looks like ill spend another 1000 or so please make it go away or drop easier thank you
06/10/2014 03:08 PMPosted by Arklight
If all Legandary materials are gone why do i still need to find the stuff for the staff of herding the hardest one of
all to find and it is still in the game ? i have spent over 200 hours looking for the gibbering gemstone and it looks like ill spend another 1000 or so please make it go away or drop easier thank you

I would give you the one I have rotting in the bank if I could, I have the Inferno Staff and all the materials to make 2 more...
06/10/2014 09:52 AMPosted by RayRay
They're still dropping because they haven't removed them as requirements for crafting dummy

Derpy derp derp. Derpity derp derp.
keep them dropping so I can sell them
06/10/2014 02:47 PMPosted by singemfrc
Absolutely leave it in. It's not like these materials are dropping often enough to shift the economy or something, since it never matters which one of them drop anymore just having a random 50k little trinket drop as a bonus every once in a while is nice and gives a good reason to still do bounties.
This I agree with
06/10/2014 03:08 PMPosted by Arklight

The Staff of Herding is an original item from when D3 was first released. It is the "key" you need to make to open Whimsyshire, not an item you make to equip. The crafting items they are taking out are all from RoS and were for making items to go into your gear slots.

Made several million selling off my cache...but you still can't have my butterfly collection! So many pretty butterflies....even if they are all blue. (Not that there's anything wrong with blue. Don't smite me almighty goatman!).
Specifically for the Staff of Herding... First thing I thought after reading the patch notes.. "Cool, now I can make that stupid staff!" But no, say it still requires the missing gemstone that I never found... Now the question is, will it still drop?

All the materials on that I have for the staff are not grayed out in my stash, and they have no sale value.

How does one make this staff after this patch?
How about we keep the crafting mats dropping and you can choose between a 50k cash out and a forgotten soul salvage?
Aw crap I was hoping the mats were reward for killing purple .. gold is good
06/10/2014 03:54 PMPosted by Walcwlr
Specifically for the Staff of Herding... First thing I thought after reading the patch notes.. "Cool, now I can make that stupid staff!" But no, say it still requires the missing gemstone that I never found... Now the question is, will it still drop?

All the materials on that I have for the staff are not grayed out in my stash, and they have no sale value.

How does one make this staff after this patch?

THESE parts still drop, it was blue posted in another thread.
If you look at mats required for any level 12 recipe, removed the unique mats, however the Staff of Herding still requires all pieces (one from each, act 1-3, and the plans act 4).

Nevalistis 5 hours ago
@Thorbol: The materials for crafting the Staff of Herding and Hellfire Machines have not been affected by this change.
Hope this helps... posted in the patch notes replies.
leave as is, it's not bugged...it's a bonus
06/10/2014 09:51 AMPosted by capth4u
Why are they dropping if we no longer need? I just found griswold's scribblings. What a lazy way out if you ask me... If your removing them then remove them. Now all that time wasted looking for certain ones... Many of the set and legs need upgraded if you ask me... so many lame bonuses. I was just thinking that this game was coming around last patch.

farm gold you dumb !@#
06/10/2014 01:42 PMPosted by DamageInc
06/10/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Morthon

in our opinion yes, but for Blizz maybe not so much.

If crafting materials still drop, then the whole farming thing doesn't end, and people just use the materials for quick gold farming, which then makes it easier to craft since the money to make gems is easily obtainable

No.
This bug is so inconsequential it's not even funny. Rifts offer alot more gold than farming a zone for a rare so you MIGHT be able to sell it's mat for 50k.
Mean while the Set piece bonus changes for Monk don't scale with elemental damage, and they have yet to comment or explain why or announce an ETA on a fix.
It's another example of their ineptness and oddball priority system.

You make it sound like they can't work on more than one fix at a time. But, I know you're really just griping because they haven't justified your particular complaint with a token "We're looking into it" blue response. That would make it all better, wouldn't it...
Can we have the option to salvage the legendary crafting materials for forgotten souls?