I don't even want a Woh (rant)

Wizard
06/07/2014 03:17 AMPosted by MrDuMa
If you have a WoW and you're not constantly fire farting, you're doing something wrong. Doesn't matter who you are, you run up close and start your blasts whether they're spammed or not. Any why would you think they they think that they're running the show? They need to get close so it's no surprise that they move close immediately.

To be honest, it looks to me like you're just ranting, using the visuals as a focal point, because you haven't found one yourself...

Great observation, man. Do you think that's why I put the word "rant" in the post title? Get back to me on that.

It's annoying. I haven't found one yet, and I'm not too concerned. That is the point. When I do find one, I will try the build, of course. Not for long though, because it's obnoxious and annoying.

It is not the ONLY effective build for a wizard.
I dont think anyone said WoH was the only effective build though @_@
I've found 2 Woh wands and I agree it is annoying as hell. It did however allow me to jump 2 torment levels by switching to deflection magic weapon. I don't use it for that at all though. My Woh wiz is the one I use to speed farm bounty bags. I usually play in a party with 2 other friends and they both said that the screen shaking and constant explosions hurt their eyes. I agreed and switched back to my main.

It is a fun build but it gets old quick. It's awesome for speed farming with warzechian armguards though. I can't even come close to the speed clearing on my other chars.
06/07/2014 03:46 AMPosted by Avesta

You could have fooled me with the incessant whining, hitching, and moaning saturating this board about "woh this" and "woh that". "Woh petition", "blizzard sucks cuz I can't find a woh", "can I has torment 6 now cuz I has a woh?"

I mean, !@#$. I don't even post on these forums much, but I read them, and I play the game enough. I think it's pathetic that a wand of woh build is being considered the wizards only viable endgame option. That's the impression I'm getting from people, and I disagree..

I want my pre-nerf SOH back. I want some buffs to lightning and cold damage. I want some major changes to wizard sets, and I want more game-changing legs like Woh. Right now it's just WOW and that's it.
06/07/2014 04:14 AMPosted by Fragasm
06/07/2014 03:46 AMPosted by Avesta

You could have fooled me with the incessant whining, hitching, and moaning saturating this board about "woh this" and "woh that". "Woh petition", "blizzard sucks cuz I can't find a woh", "can I has torment 6 now cuz I has a woh?"

I mean, !@#$. I don't even post on these forums much, but I read them, and I play the game enough. I think it's pathetic that a wand of woh build is being considered the wizards only viable endgame option. That's the impression I'm getting from people, and I disagree..

I want my pre-nerf SOH back. I want some buffs to lightning and cold damage. I want some major changes to wizard sets, and I want more game-changing legs like Woh. Right now it's just WOW and that's it.

The whiners are the ones putting WoH on a pedestal (just like you by making this thread).
06/07/2014 03:29 AMPosted by Fragasm
Great observation, man. Do you think that's why I put the word "rant" in the post title? Get back to me on that.

It's annoying. I haven't found one yet, and I'm not too concerned. That is the point. When I do find one, I will try the build, of course. Not for long though, because it's obnoxious and annoying.

06/07/2014 04:22 AMPosted by Avesta
The whiners are the ones putting WoH on a pedestal (just like you by making this thread).

Pretty much this.

The observation I'm making is that it doesn't matter what you call it, be it a rant, a complaint or a desperate cry for help, it just adds to the mass amounts of QQ. The drop rate is horrid, yes... but perhaps all of this rubbish will eventually lead to Blizzard adjusting the drop rate for a WoW.

If it really is end game, isn't it better than it is that rare? Who knows, you might get it then drop wizards altogether since you've hit the peak... and because you don't like the explosions visually, uh oh, time to QQ about something else.
06/07/2014 05:07 AMPosted by MrDuMa
06/07/2014 03:29 AMPosted by Fragasm

06/07/2014 04:22 AMPosted by Avesta

Pretty much this.

The observation I'm making is that it doesn't matter what you call it, be it a rant, a complaint or a desperate cry for help, it just adds to the mass amounts of QQ. The drop rate is horrid, yes... but perhaps all of this rubbish will eventually lead to Blizzard adjusting the drop rate for a WoW.

If it really is end game, isn't it better than it is that rare? Who knows, you might get it then drop wizards altogether since you've hit the peak... and because you don't like the explosions visually, uh oh, time to QQ about something else.

This thread is not a QQ about WOW drop rate. Perhaps it is a QQ about the WOW build being annoying, but who cares? Are you QQing about my QQing, or are you saying I shouldn't QQ about other people QQing? Such a slippery slope.

I've been at or very near the "peak" for awhile now.
06/07/2014 05:32 AMPosted by Fragasm

Is this you telling us you're about to explode? You should try Chainpocalypse :)

Jk.

Two sides to this - big shock, right?

On one hand, I can totally understand how some folks might find the Chainpocalypse builds very annoying. Constant explosions, masking the visuals on the ground, I get it. It also may have the semblance of a very "sloppy spam" - but it is anything but sloppy.

When you look at the build from the side of the one using it -

Look, there's A LOT of people running Chainpoc in sub-obtimal configurations. The same was true of SnS. Some people just stacked Crit Chance and IAS and never got above MP5. You're gonna find that the same is true with Chainpoc. Public games, people who haven't taken the time to read the work of other Wizards - they're the ones that give off the impression that the build is just a cluster..you know what.

The truth is, a top-tier Chainpocalypse gear set is a masterful work of art..a true balancing act. If you do have the fortuitous luck to acquire one, and you build a gear set that is "perfect", I believe you will see an entirely different side of this equation.

Maybe not.

_____
-Melk
At the end of the day, it's all A Love Story
~OG Wizard from an OG Forum~
~iRap, You probz don't~
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeyMayez
06/07/2014 07:41 AMPosted by Melkor
06/07/2014 05:32 AMPosted by Fragasm

Is this you telling us you're about to explode? You should try Chainpocalypse :)

Jk.

Two sides to this - big shock, right?

On one hand, I can totally understand how some folks might find the Chainpocalypse builds very annoying. Constant explosions, masking the visuals on the ground, I get it. It also may have the semblance of a very "sloppy spam" - but it is anything but sloppy.

When you look at the build from the side of the one using it -

Look, there's A LOT of people running Chainpoc in sub-obtimal configurations. The same was true of SnS. Some people just stacked Crit Chance and IAS and never got above MP5. You're gonna find that the same is true with Chainpoc. Public games, people who haven't taken the time to read the work of other Wizards - they're the ones that give off the impression that the build is just a cluster..you know what.

The truth is, a top-tier Chainpocalypse gear set is a masterful work of art..a true balancing act. If you do have the fortuitous luck to acquire one, and you build a gear set that is "perfect", I believe you will see an entirely different side of this equation.

Maybe not.

_____
-Melk
At the end of the day, it's all A Love Story
~OG Wizard from an OG Forum~
~iRap, You probz don't~
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeyMayez

I'm definitely aware of all this buddy. Your build is creative and very effective when done right. I wish there were more legs that could facilitate such builds.
Of course the people who find Woh would be T5 or T6 capable. Because people who try to find it save the fire gear they find/craft in their stash. So when it drops, all they need to do is to swap gears. Now about the spamming.. I would not be surprised that you would also complain about those Wiz that has CM builds. (Not unless you were using that build too). If you get annoyed by the this then what do you think about crusaders spamming some yellow lightning !@#$ with screen shake all over your monitor?
Is this garbage thread supposed to actually mean something? Or is every self-entitled midget going to start making posts about how they have complete control over who they play with but want the entire human race to bend to their adolescent angst instead of having to click 'Leave Game'?
I used to think the same way as you do OP.. I mean the WoW users annoyed the sh** outta me. But once I got the WoW, I became a wizard who farts fire :)
06/08/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Littlefinger
I used to think the same way as you do OP.. I mean the WoW users annoyed the sh** outta me. But once I got the WoW, I became a wizard who farts fire :)

Meh. Ill mess with it if I get one, I have lots of fire and arcane gear to use with it. I have extra set pieces in stash to use for CDR rolls as well. I still don't feel like Ill be impressed, and more than likely Ill just be annoyed.

We need more WoW-level legendaries. I mean, EB can't be the ONLY spell worth building around for high-level play right?
06/08/2014 10:02 AMPosted by EmperorMao

Oh no he didn't

Don't worry. Vacations are supposed to be nice.

You would know, bro.
Is this a QQ thread?

Dunno wtfs going on but I'm in!
06/08/2014 02:53 PMPosted by RobertVarga
Is this a QQ thread?

Dunno wtfs going on but I'm in!

Get in here dude and QQ about something!
Man things sak n that's it yo.

You're 100% right.