which build to use two handed weapon?

Barbarian
I've been using dual 1h for long time, and I like to explore with 2h weapons.
I noticed not many bars actually use 2h, I wonder if there is a build with 2h can do similar damage as dual 1h.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Similar? no
I haven't been able to figure out what exactly 2h and barbs are supposed to have in common.
Using a 2h here. From what i've played around with, this is the only weapon viable enough for 2h play.

Ideally though, i'd have IK boots so i can replace IK chest with a cindercoat to help keep berserker rage up more, and the extra 15-20% fire dmg doesn't hurt.

The benefits;
1) no need for a generator, you can spam seismic slam endlessly
2) more options on passives, berserker rage is usable, as is rampage
3) no need for reaper's wraps, so you can benefit from +25-30% dmg on strongarm
3) you look like a !@#$ing champ, and 2h mighty weapon transmogs are badass

EDIT: if you're stupidly luck, you can even get a good one of these 2h's with high dmg and socket included so you can roll it to also have +% seismic slam damage on your weapon!
06/12/2014 06:13 AMPosted by Fizzlesprig
Using a 2h here. From what i've played around with, this is the only weapon viable enough for 2h play.

^^^ Fury of the Vanished Peak is what he's talking about.

I found one last night FINALLY and was playing around with it. Fire/Lightning builds. In my fire build w/ 30% cindercoat I was somewhere around 5-6 fury seismic slams. Damage ranges were in this neighborhood:

Battle Rage only 18-22 mil trash/24-28 mil elites
Fully buffed almost 95 million SS crits on targets sub 30% targets(Harrington, WoTB, group buffs)
Power shrines are nasty if you get all buffs at once.

Lightning build seemed to have similar fury efficiency but the big problem is damage. A lot of my kill speed with lightning SS setup comes from the extra procs from OS/TF, with FoTVP there are no extra procs, so fire seems to be a very clear winner.

I'd be interested to see how it does with a rumble barb setup, and if I could just get my hands on a physical SoJ I'd test it out with Hota-Birthright/SS-Rumble setup wearing a Razor Strop.
Until things change for Barb, no builds. There are just no 2-handers that can compete effectively against 2, at minimum "good", 1-handers.

FotVP and Maximus are really the only two "decent" 2-handed weapons. Maximus has +Fire% and FotVP has Seismic Slam cost reduction.

Either way, you're giving up 130% crit damage, up to 30% elite damage, and 20% fire damage (if not using Maximus). Not to mention the additional Strength and other bonuses 2 weapons give like the Ignore Pain proc from Sankis, or TF/Odyn Son/SoH procs for Lightning.

Unless Blizz either A) Allows Barb to MH a 2-hander with a 1-h OH, B) Massively boosts 2 handers (won't happen because Crusader), or C) Changes how gams/emeralds work in 2-handers (also unlikely), 2 handers will never be as effective.

It's sad too, but FotVP is an amazing weapon with the SS cost reduction. With seasonal legs and such, there's so much room for other great skill-boosting weapons as well.
06/11/2014 07:33 PMPosted by Bluemoon
I've been using dual 1h for long time, and I like to explore with 2h weapons.
I noticed not many bars actually use 2h, I wonder if there is a build with 2h can do similar damage as dual 1h.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Check my build -it's entirely reliant on FotVP.

Generally, 2h's benefit certain skills more than 1h - but often the downsides do not outweigh the upsides. Rend & EQ are two skills that have a much larger benefit b/c they're not dependent on attack speed.
That's the best FotVP i've seen HandsomeNerd! Grats on finding that puppy.

Also, Madawc's Sorry is definitely the best transmog :D Gotta love that beast.
Thanks for all the good suggestion.
I was lucky, I just got FotVP last night, and even though I still need to reroll for a socket, but I have tried it and it was fun to play!

Now I need a strongarm!
06/12/2014 07:16 AMPosted by nEgativezEro
Until things change for Barb, no builds. There are just no 2-handers that can compete effectively against 2, at minimum "good", 1-handers.

FotVP and Maximus are really the only two "decent" 2-handed weapons. Maximus has +Fire% and FotVP has Seismic Slam cost reduction.

Either way, you're giving up 130% crit damage, up to 30% elite damage, and 20% fire damage (if not using Maximus). Not to mention the additional Strength and other bonuses 2 weapons give like the Ignore Pain proc from Sankis, or TF/Odyn Son/SoH procs for Lightning.

Unless Blizz either A) Allows Barb to MH a 2-hander with a 1-h OH, B) Massively boosts 2 handers (won't happen because Crusader), or C) Changes how gams/emeralds work in 2-handers (also unlikely), 2 handers will never be as effective.

It's sad too, but FotVP is an amazing weapon with the SS cost reduction. With seasonal legs and such, there's so much room for other great skill-boosting weapons as well.

You wouldn't want to use it all the times, but I don't think you can beat a well rolled Furnace vs bosses.
I like IK boulder breaker only because it really opens up the gear possibilities.

The damage is on par with dual wielding fire if you roll one with top damage. They can also roll EQ damage too, but that would be a really rare find.
I also like the IK boulder breaker. Allows for IK/EQ sets and cindercoat for unlimited SS. Currently playing T5/T6