2.0.6 (stealth buffed) Rend discussion

Barbarian
Prev 1 11 12 13 21 Next
#NoFunForBarbs
that didnt last long enough to enjoy :(
need loot 2.1 item with legendary affix: rend damage can now crit.
LMFAO.

Now..everyone back to leaping please...you guys have wasted enough time here.

k thanks.
back to crusader :D
so 100M rend ticks turned into how much damage after the "hotfix"?
Wish theyd stop fixing things lol, oh well.
Good Game.

Well played.
So other class builds that can easily bump up eDPS to 100M+ is fine, and when Barbs get it, is not. Thanks for the build though guys, was a fun day or two.
sad day.
/wrist :(
Going to keep on watching my 5 minute duration dots tick for 30m on my Jade and explode for a bil...
06/11/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Nubtro
It is unclear whether this is an intended change to make the skill competitive again or just a "bug" byproduct of making the Rend damage bonus on gear work again.

In this particular case, this is indeed an unintentional change that occurred due to the fix to the +% Damage for Rend applied in 2.0.6, as denoted in our hotfixes. You should see this hotfix applied sometime in the near future, and I'll update the appropriate list when it becomes available.

That said, we're keeping an eye on feedback across the classes, including for Barbarians. While I don't have information to share about upcoming changes at this time, we will be having a PTR very Soon™ and I definitely encourage you all to log in and try things out once it's available.
06/13/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Nubtro
Highest Sun Keeper average base weapon damage is 1795 and 2714.8 on a 10% ED Boulder Breaker, that´s a 51.2% difference but you´re losing 130% crit damage, 350 strength and also 5% crit chance from Weapons Master on top of the elite and physical bonuses.

In order words even if a slow 2h wpn hits "harder" with spells it is still inferior compared to dual wielding SK/DB?

Correct me if I'm wrong ancients, furious charge and rend hits 51.2% harder with 2h wpn? Roughly how much damage is 130% chd, 5% CC + 20% physical + 30% elite damage + 350 strength? If I remember correctly it has been said that dual wielding gives automatically 15% AS(?)

I know going after "feeling" is totally wrong when it comes to maximize dps. Sadly I don't have the experience in theorycrafting, tools to measure dps etc.. to provide reliable data for you guys. But when I switched to the IK boulder, it felt like enemies (both thrash and elites) got obliterated much faster than dual wield option. Hexing pants along with WOTB and harrington + snapshot ancients dished out damage I never thought it was possible with a barbarian. I know harrington is shenanigan tactic but even without it, still does crazy damage.

I also have the furnace gonna test it later on, but it rolled with 10% cdr so it's weaker than the boulder breaker. But maybe the % dmg proc on furnace outweighs the damage on boulder breaker?

EDIT: just saw the blue post 1 min after I posted this -_-

Please blizzard I'm sick and tired of playing with fire elemental/EQ spec give us this change, physical barb is fun.
06/13/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Nevalistis
That said, we're keeping an eye on feedback across the classes, including for Barbarians. While I don't have information to share about upcoming changes at this time, we will be having a PTR very Soon™ and I definitely encourage you all to log in and try things out once it's available.

Yay generic apologies.
It's not a huge deal, this wasn't a top tier spec either so wait for 2.1. They've said they're going to change existing legendaries(hopefully might weapon buffs). Not retroactive, but my seal of approval is up for that change.
Hey guys, take it like true Barbs and shrug it off ;)

06/13/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Nevalistis
06/11/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Nubtro
It is unclear whether this is an intended change to make the skill competitive again or just a "bug" byproduct of making the Rend damage bonus on gear work again.

In this particular case, this is indeed an unintentional change that occurred due to the fix to the +% Damage for Rend applied in 2.0.6, as denoted in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13087689086?page=1#3"]hotfixes[/url]. You should see this hotfix applied sometime in the near future, and I'll update the appropriate list when it becomes available.

Thanks for stopping by to let us know, I really aprreciate it miss Brandy.

By the way, mind forwarding to Travis the idea to consider creating a legendary/set bonus that would work similar to this uninteded change then? It wasn´t overpowered (by Jade Harvester WD and Akkhan Crus standards) so...

Or reporting to John Yang and his Barb dev posse that Rend is not a competitive skill at the moment?

As you may have noticed, this undocumented issue has brought Barbs together once again nicely to test and theorycraft, not to mention it brought excitment to playing the class. It was really great, so thanks to whoever was responsible for slipping that part of the code in there :D
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/hero/840269
^
Doesn't matter. Rend is garbage again.

Spec Leap EQ or HOTA/SS.

Nothing to see here folks.
06/13/2014 11:20 AMPosted by RiiO
back to crusader :D

Back to RL until 2.1. I can't handle any more #LeapCD game play. Yawn.
*Shrugging off*

Looking forward to the changes in 2.1 to really give us some more clay to work with, skill-wise, and item-wise. Hopefully this little glimpse into Rend will help serve as a base point in terms of settling on comfortable values.

I'm actually secretly hoping Sprint gets a bit of a tune up as well, especially in comparison to Crusader stallions. It just doesn't measure up.