Blizzard just wants easy money..

General Discussion
So instead of fixing important aspects of the game they just want to funnel everybody into doin bounties for keys and playing rifts non stop.. they give rifts a ridiculus drop rate so we dont complain about all the other things they should be fixing which gives this game no lifespan u might as well be playing candy crush to lvl 1000.. just since ive been tryin to make a staff of herding ( for a Month) they have yet to fix the drop rate on chiltara which is 0 i guess cuz ive killed over 100 times and hes in a rareload spot which is stupid to begin with still no fix? and hellfire ring no attempt to balance? these things take serious time to do and no attempt to fix at all? why? they want to make it appear that we have a choice besides farming rifts til we get tired and quit? no attempt at balancing a pvp? even taking out one of the only things that make end games bareable trading farmed items with others to acrue a godly account and feel like u accomplish sumthing.. it appears to me that they just want to collect easy money doing the minimal amount of work to the game as possible and float on with there past accomplishments but take out everything that made it an accomplishment.. d2 still has a strong player base even tho its 15 years old why do they play it? pvp and trading makes it fun forever both of which they took out of this game.. why would you take out things that made the original great to this day? this game has the potential to be as great they are just to worried about steering away from the orignal and being lazy.. i cant play this game more then once a month now its so incredibly boring doing the same rifts over and over and finding the same items anybody who says its not is a liar fix it before you ruin this game completely and theres no return...

Sorry for the length
06/12/2014 10:18 PMPosted by Greasey
they have yet to fix the drop rate on chiltara which is 0 i guess cuz ive killed over 100 times and hes in a rareload spot which is stupid to begin with still no fix?

im with ya on this. been farming for the stone for a long time. and i am far beyond 100 kills and still nothing.

d2 still has a strong player base

what i dont get is everyone keeps on going how great D2 was. yeah it was fun. but if its so much better why dont yall just play it and leave D3 alone?

pvp

well its still there but no one likes it. some classes are to strong and its not the pvp they want.

trading

im 50/50 on trading. i know just today i saw a good deal of spam about a power lvls for sale from website. i know if they did put trading back. general chat would be flooded with spam about them selling gear.

i cant play this game more then once a month now its so incredibly boring

well i am liar then. since i still fully enjoy this game. i am not bored with it yet. sure there are still some changes i would like to see. but i still find this game fun. not everyone feels the same way.
just from the title, i can say this

who the hell makes a product and doesnt try to make money out of it lol...

thats the main goal... make something and try to make the most money from it
06/12/2014 10:57 PMPosted by Daygone
what i dont get is everyone keeps on going how great D2 was. yeah it was fun. but if its so much better why dont yall just play it and leave D3 alone?
cuz d2 is seriously outdated when it comes to graphics and upkeep on server side otherwise wud definately play it instead

06/12/2014 10:57 PMPosted by Daygone
im 50/50 on trading. i know just today i saw a good deal of spam about a power lvls for sale from website. i know if they did put trading back. general chat would be flooded with spam about them selling gear.
i disagree about it increasing spam spam is there already just in a different form if everyone has even chance why not trade for items instead of buying?

06/12/2014 11:24 PMPosted by pocahontas
just from the title, i can say this

who the hell makes a product and doesnt try to make money out of it lol...

thats the main goal... make something and try to make the most money from it
theres a difference between making money and giving your customers a quality product rather then just making easy money doing as little as possible to skate by
You do realize that there's a major content patch on the way and that this is just a band-aid patch to smooth over some problem areas in the game in the meantime, right?
Sorry for the length

It wouldn't be a problem if you put it into a few paragraphs.
Sorry for the length

I'm even more sorry that you don't understand the value of paragraphs.

And D2 hasn't anything like the number of players that D3 does. Perhaps for a while when they start a new season but the game is mostly bots now.
I am not reading any of that until it's in proper English.
please , people are constantly making threads to complain about stash space , and 'poof' ! crafting mats are no longer required .
what makes you think they don't like easy money ?
Maybe the boys and girls in blue should shut down all associated forums and ignore everyone. This is their game, they'll do as they please. You bought it on not. Why do some think that because they played WoW for 8 years they are part of the family. gtfo. This is a business. To reiterate, you bought the game. You mission is complete. Uninstall and move to the next. I have bought into so many games that ended up sucking so badly. Rift. SWTOR. COD BOps. Far Cry 2. I even paid for skins in LoL and I hate that game. But I'm not insulting their creators and demanding they give me a refund or handy-j. I just dont play them.

I really cannot fathom being the guys sifting through forum posts looking for racism, great ideas and general consumer feedback. I sure hope it pays well.
If Blizzard really wants this game to be successful, the first thing they have to fix before anything else is this god awful community full of entitled brats/trolls/elitist pricks/and just a**holes in general.

Here's a start:
Anyone found pissing on "casuals"/trolling/whining about droprates or stupid stuff in general (and i mean full out whining, making threads non-stop, not just a few complaints thrown here and there whenever a conversation starts) gets a 75% reduction to all stats until they submit a video of themselves doing the chicken dance dressed as a sumo wrestler while sincerely apologizing for everything they've done wrong in life for a full 30 minutes.

That'll get rid of all the negativity here!

edit: grammar
06/13/2014 02:16 AMPosted by t6skyart
If Blizzard really wants this game to be successful, the first thing they have to fix before anything else is this god awful community full of entitled brats/trolls/elitist pricks/and just a**holes in general.

Here's a start:
Anyone found pissing on "casuals"/trolling/whining about droprates or stupid stuff in general (and i mean full out whining, making threads non-stop, not just a few complaints thrown here and there whenever a conversation starts) gets a 75% reduction to all stats until they submit a video of themselves doing the chicken dance dressed as a sumo wrestler while sincerely apologizing for everything they've done wrong in life for a full 30 minutes.

Skip to IP Ban imho.
06/13/2014 02:21 AMPosted by Nineunbuffed
06/13/2014 02:16 AMPosted by t6skyart

Here's a start:

Skip to IP Ban imho.

Too many ways around that. Just wipe their accounts clean any time they say something stupid. Plus, it's not as entertaining, so I still prefer my original method.
Want easy money?
Why not let us buy stash space?
Lots of ppl would be happy for that.
A business wants money? Nah. Stop playing around. That's just crazy talk.
06/13/2014 03:30 AMPosted by luzi82
Want easy money?
Why not let us buy stash space?
Lots of ppl would be happy for that.

Yep. Stash space and character slots.

At least, that's what I said a few days ago.

Now.. meh.. don't care anymore. Game is boring. The only thing to do is running rifts with random unconnected maps and no sense of a story or a real fantasy world or anything. I'd rather run the countess, andy, diablo or baal, or do pit runs or wsk runs depending on my mood. At least in D2 we had a choice how we levelled, where we levelled, how and where we acquired items, what type of monsters or areas we concentrated on with our builds, and so on.

But yeah.. a few dollars for additional stash space (or char slots) is acceptable, imo.
Blizzard just wants easy money..

They already have their money. Any time they spend fixing or improving the game is a loss to them, possibly offset by continuing sales from people who see the game isn't abandoned. How much support we get is a near-direct consequence of where that balance falls.
This game is awesome. They are fixing it slowly. I don't think they have a huge team left for it so you may be partially right, but if you think making a game like this is easy money, that's going a bit far.
This... is not unicef.
But they said "we release it when its done".