Wave of force/heat wave

Wizard
... seems rarely if ever mentioned around here. Granted I don't have all my fire gear in place (haven't found a good weapon in RoS), but given that you're always swarmed in this game anyway it seems the DPS multiplied across a group -- plus low AP cost, plus no cooldown, plus decent AOE, plus no need to aim -- makes this pretty potent.

Any reason NOT to use it as a spender? Anyone had success with it?
Was using it before i got tals 4 set, now i spam meteors since it looks pretty :)
Anyway yes i like it especially when you are surrounded by a mob and combine it with audacity and unwavering will its pretty neat. My fear is that when im spamming it i have a tendency to get close to mobs which is not ideal for wiz especially against elite mobs and all those nasty affixes. Then i again i used 4 pc blackthorne when i was using wave :/
I use heat wave all the time. On normal mode.
06/15/2014 09:17 AMPosted by adriano
Was using it before i got tals 4 set, now i spam meteors since it looks pretty :)
Anyway yes i like it especially when you are surrounded by a mob and combine it with audacity and unwavering will its pretty neat. My fear is that when im spamming it i have a tendency to get close to mobs which is not ideal for wiz especially against elite mobs and all those nasty affixes. Then i again i used 4 pc blackthorne when i was using wave :/

Yes, you do need to get up close and personal, but with elites it's hard to keep them at a distance anyway. With full tals bonus and black hole/blazar, I feel like there's plenty of meteor and explosive blast-type damage going on concurrently.

Seems like all wiz builds ultimately accept that in solo games you're going to have to get in the middle of things. For group games, WoF is probably less useful.
I am using heat wave and loving it -- been using it pretty much since RoS. Main attack is 3MMs but when they get behind me/swarm me - WoF is great.
WoF is actually one of the strongest wiz builds in the game. I only swapped over to a lightning spec for better crowd control. So to answer your question, absolutely use it, it is incredible.
Just started using WOF Heat Wave yesterday - so far so good. Its adds a nice chunk of extra AOE (quite large!) damage. Loving how it works with frost nova + exploding blast spammage.

Solo rift times have come down - Spamming WOF doesn't seem to prevent EB spamming so its adds significant damage.

I tend to use spectral blades (fire blades) to get around 10 to 15 stacks while initially spamming EB. Then frost nova and WOF/EB spammage.

Really smoothened the runs due to extra killing speed - only tried until torment 4 solo admittedly
I use WoF/HW in T5 and it works great and is especially awesome when walled in or with Black Hole/Spellsteal. I find it doesn't work that well in T6 though but in T5 it has replaced meteor shower for me.
I used WoF and was severely disappointed that jumping above arcane sentries (and other ground goodies) did in fact nothing to lessen damage taken.

All kidding aside I couldn't take the epileptic inducing flash. Its far too obnoxious on WoF.
Eb+heatwave does a lot of damage. just get a lot of resource reduction and ap regen. i hardly ever run out of arcane power.
I like it but I think it looks dumb. At least give me a bunny suit to go along with it.