Travis Day talks about 4-boxing Crusaders

General Discussion
http://www.twitch.tv/diablo/b/537881134

At 24:40, 1:00:50 and 1:14:40.

I had to rewind a few times when I first heard it ("did he say what I think he said?") because it was surreal hearing a dev just casually start talking about it out of the blue, lol. Pretty cool. The part about the waterfall effect with gear is totally true.

I think it explains a lot about the Wormhole elite affix, which is a big problem for multiboxers and not a big deal otherwise. (Also explains why it isn't affected by CC immunity)

Edit: in case of Twitch problems:

06/13/2014 02:19 AMPosted by Fidz
The YT video has the first ~20mins of the twitch video cut-off, so the timecodes the OP mentions don't work for it.

"At 24:40" = youtu.be/OJyMn04633M?t=5m17s

"At 1:00:50" = youtu.be/OJyMn04633M?t=41m43s

"At 1:14:40" = youtu.be/OJyMn04633M?t=55m30s
So THAT's what this wormhole affix is for. LOL I guess they are trolling the multiboxers. But seriously, now that the AH is gone and they don't even do anything about botting, what's the point to multibox??
06/12/2014 07:08 PMPosted by ZingyDNA
So THAT's what this wormhole affix is for. LOL I guess they are trolling the multiboxers. But seriously, now that the AH is gone and they don't even do anything about botting, what's the point to multibox??

I multibox.
Wormhole straight pisses me off. It's not considered crowd control so akrats champion and bravery are not immnue to it. Hate that crap.
06/12/2014 07:08 PMPosted by ZingyDNA
But seriously, now that the AH is gone and they don't even do anything about botting, what's the point to multibox??

it's fun, it's challenging with some situations, it allows gearing up of a single character so I can play with friends at higher tiers a little faster (mainly due to the waterfall effect Travis talks about), it means set items and legendaries that are worth keeping don't go to waste through either being a downgrade for main or a very slight upgrade, don't have to deal with toxic community when friends aren't online

Quite a few reasons really, a lot the same as why I also box Marvel Heroes and WoW, and with no further cost past box sale I can't see why more people don't do it.
I had some playback issues on twitch, but it's also available on YT.

http://youtu.be/OJyMn04633M
The YT video has the first ~20mins of the twitch video cut-off, so the timecodes the OP mentions don't work for it.

"At 24:40" = youtu.be/OJyMn04633M?t=5m17s

"At 1:00:50" = youtu.be/OJyMn04633M?t=41m43s

"At 1:14:40" = youtu.be/OJyMn04633M?t=55m30s
Oh, thanks. Yeah, my times wouldn't work with the Youtube version. Added to the OP
I have not tried multiboxing, do you use specific software to assist or how does it work?
06/13/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Neese
I have not tried multiboxing, do you use specific software to assist or how does it work?

ISBoxer is the best software for it, but it's subscription-based (~$50/year). It's possible to do with free software, but it's a lot more work to set up the multiple copies and the mouse broadcasting methods aren't as good.
ISBoxer is the best but you have to pay a sub but its worth it because its so EASY to set up a retarded monkey can do it within minutes.
There's nothing bad about giving $240 to blizzard.

if you're Blizzard.