Murdoc's T6 MoTE/IK/Aughlid Build - No Unity

Barbarian
06/15/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Freestyle
@Murdoc,

Using the build right now! I'm loving the IK Weapon... I didn't realize how much harder everything would hit... O_O

Beast.

I know right?! Glad to hear you gave it a try and are enjoying it!
So I tried this out for a day against my almost 60% Cooldown barb, and I must say I still prefer my Cooldown barb, BUT:

This build performs adequately at T6. I like being able to use a mighty weapon because their transmogs are awesome and mine rolled with around 2800 dmg so it hits very hard.

In general though just want to State that I think the barb no matter the build under-performs to the WD massively, Crusader, and Demon hunter.

In groups he doesnt really have a place, (pull tank monk, DPS classes) except to speed boost which sucks :(

Anyway nice build though
I'm going to give this a shot, although my gear is not itemized as well as the OPs.
Is it only your main hand APS that is snap shotted or both? I have some legacy weapons (Azurewrath/Echoing fury) which puts my APS with wotb at 3.96/2.97 or Azurewrath+Pig Sticker which puts my APS with wotb at 3.46/3.28.

Which set up do I want to go with when snap shotting the COTA APS?
This thread inspired me to pull out my IK weapon for another go. I will say I was very surprised at how well it's going. Mine's re-rolled with 15% EQ damage so I left it in the stash, so it's the IK belt with it for 2pc and I picked back up Berzerker Rage (I found it too cumbersome w/o the 3pc IK bonus to keep fury maintained) and got a single stack ticking for about 11m (w/ 25 stacks of Rampage) 13-14m. Not sure how good this is in comparison to other barbs but it was more than my Sankis/Sunkeeper
This is a great build. I do a slight variation, I drop Superstition/Tough as Nails and get Berserker Rage for that extra 25%, but I drop the Aug set altogether for a Reaper's Wraps (2nd Aug set piece is up to you). Aug is great, but I have this thing about wanting to be able to use all the stats I have, even on white mobs (which the 25% Berserker does).

The tricky part is being able to time your Sprints/EQ well while a globe is laying around to pick up to get that 25% again.

This is all preference though, since I felt quite bored at times when I did my jumps and have to wait for EQ/CotA to do their thing.

And yeah, that 2H IK is actually really great. Kinda wish I looted a high natural weapon damage and changed the Life/fury to Damage % instead.

With this build, you can even run a Spender build with Cota - AF, still works great.
Ended up rerolling the 10% Damage on the IK Weapon into 15% EQ Damage! My paper DPS dropped significantly but my actual in-game damage output has gotten a stronger.

I'm loving this! I'm getting upwards of 90-115m crit ticks from EQ with Ruthless, I'm melting elites/champion in T6. I didn't know about the option to roll 15% EQ on the weapon until I read Circeen1288's response. I'm glad I did because I'm currently sitting at 43% EQ Eamage, and 56% Fire Damage which equates to huge EQ ticks for me. I chose to forego CDR all together. I find other statistics far more valuable, such as Resist All, VIT, and CC/CHD.

CDR is great for obviously reason, but for this particular build, I believe having survivability, huge EQ ticks, and snapshotted COTA does more than frequent less powerful Leapquakes.
06/16/2014 11:15 PMPosted by Freestyle
Ended up rerolling the 10% Damage on the IK Weapon into 15% EQ Damage! My paper DPS dropped significantly but my actual in-game damage output has gotten a stronger.

I'm not entirely sure 15 to EQ is worth losing 10% damage since that effects both your EQ and your ancients. I'll have to run some Ghom tests using all EQ and all ancients to see exactly how much damage each one is pumping out.
@ murdoc,

I suppose for me, I've noticed a significant jump in damage! I'm not sure if its because I've started to watch the numbers tick from EQ, but as I mentioned before with Ruthless and WOTB up, I'm getting upwards of 100m EQ ticks, which is absolutely insane.

If you do happen to test on Ghom, let me know your findings, I'm very interested!
So many IK 2h I salvaged...
Both of mine are salvage worthy :(

15% EQ roll on the one i'm using will have to do till I get a better one
I wanted to see exactly where the bulk of my damage was coming from with this build so I ran some Ghom tests using either all Ancients to dps or all EQ. The results were surprising:

- T6 Ghom all EQ - 1 min 15 seconds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTCtf4BduVE

- T6 Ghom all Ancients - 38ish seconds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzbeeZudhPs

So it looks like single target your Ancients are pumping out double the damage that EQ is. This explains why the single target kill speed is so fast but clearing through lots and lots of trash mobs is a bit slower then a traditional build.
Switched the build to be able to utilize T&T. Not 100% sure how much more or less damage I'm doing at the moment but obviously my COTA is going ape !@#$...

murdoc, got a pair of T&T's that you can possibly test with?
Glad to see other barbs are trying other things besides being 1 track minded with dual wielding.

Nice job Murdoc. I have been using the BB for quite sometime and I have preferred the spender vs. no spender approach. With no spender things were a bit boring for me. Using the BB i am able to keep the cindercoat which allows for spam-able SS with no fury issues (also with Ancients Fury Rune). Build works nicely for T5/T6.

~V
I have a legacy Echoing Fury, wud it be even better to have a fast dagger and the EF oin my offhand for snapshotting purposes?
I wish the IK maul had a nice bonus like +% elite damage.
Before I read this, I had already tried this build and really like it for t6.
Funny that someone else actually tried it too cause it seems like 99% of people that post here refuse to see a 2H weapon to be legit.
When I run t5 for faster/safer/funner, I take off aughilds, and just switch out IK for a better maximus for more dmg.
This is a good solo build, I personally choose frenzy w/ no rage dump. The increase DPS for your EQ's and COTA from it are great.
I just spam battle rage for when I need health which isn't often since the EQ and COTA do most the dmg and you can positional yourself more safely for safe auto attacks.
Got home and gave this build a shot. I have to say, I was a bit underwhelmed. It just doesnt do enough damage. It was taking 3-5 cycles to kill 1 pack on T5 even. I had my gear and build exactly as Murdoc. Its fun to try new builds, but I will be leaving this one behind.
06/23/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Exiter
Got home and gave this build a shot. I have to say, I was a bit underwhelmed. It just doesnt do enough damage. It was taking 3-5 cycles to kill 1 pack on T5 even. I had my gear and build exactly as Murdoc. Its fun to try new builds, but I will be leaving this one behind.

Glad you at least gave it a try. Not sure why it would perform so badly for you though. I don't think I've ever needed more then 2-3 leaps to kill a pack on T6. Did you snapshot your ancients properly? They account for 2/3's of your damage against single target, so even on a pack they're substantial.

Either way thanks for giving it a shot. Glad to see the blanket "2 handers suck" stereotype hasn't showed up in here yet :)
I had them snapshotted at 3.27 aps. The EQ itself really wasnt doing anything. Most of the ticks were sub 10m. Im def not a T6 pro, but one thing Ive learned is the faster they die, the less chance they have to kill you. It was fun to try, but ill go back my reg build now :)