Authentication Key

Technical Support
I purchased RoS today and every time I enter the authentication key it says "An error has occurred" gives me an option to return to battle.net and nothing else... Yes I already have the standard edition. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, I was just having this trouble. I have tried switching browsers, and computer. Nothing has worked.

I've reviewed my key a million times over and I've even gotten friends to try putting it in incase I was blind. Still no success.

What is going on?
Im trying to get ahold of them via live chat atm. Hopefully ill be able to play tonight, i doubt it though. Looked all over the tech support pages and cant find anything on this issue. Kind of crappy it tells you absolutely nothing.
Just got done chatting with GM Amekyno, said he was unable to claim the key as well and that it is probably due to the current maintenance, said it should work when everything is up again, he was unable to give me an ETA.
I JUST GOT IT TODAY AND IM ALSO GETTING PROBLEMS
Punisher - please don't post in all caps. It is considered rude and it is also against the forum Code of Conduct. Additionally, when you ask for help, you need to be specific about what problems you are having or nobody can help you.

Is this a digital purchase from Blizzard or did you purchase the game from somewhere else? What error message are you getting?
Wow, looks like my issue has been common for a while.

I bought a hard copy of D3 and I can't find where I enter the authentication key.

Whenever I click on a 'buy' link, I get an error telling me a secure connection can't be created.

What do I have to do to get past the Skeleton King?
...AND I can't even contact support for the same reason...
Victor301280,

Go to your Battle.net Account Management page and click the Add a Game Key button and enter the key you have there.

But when I enter my Authentication key, I get this:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to us.battle.net. SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code. Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
08/19/2016 02:50 PMPosted by Victor301280
Thanks Omrakos,

But when I enter my Authentication key, I get this:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to us.battle.net. SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code. Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

That is likely a browser issue. Have you tried a different browser?
Firefox and Safari deliver same/similar results.

Should I try Chrome/IE?
OK...

I don't understand why this would matter (much less return the particular result I was getting), but I was leaving out the '-'s from the key (I seem to remember them being uneditable in earlier games).

I just authenticated D3 and SC2, so I should be good to go on both. Thanks for the help.
I bought DIII several years back and also the Reaper of Souls expansion but haven't played it in along time. I had computer issues and had to reinstall but i can only install the DIII basic which never asked me for a Key when installing. I lost all my logon and password info when my computer crashed and i no longer have access to the email which i originally signed up with.I am now getting the error that the key has already been registered and cannot continue at this point. I did resign up to battlenet with new info.
Hey SirHacksaw67,

Once the key is claimed it is not able to be claimed on different account. To be able to play your full copy of Diablo III we will need to get you logged in to your old account. Customer Support can help you regain access to your old account. You can contact them here.

In the future, please create a new forum thread instead of posting to an old one.