818 rubies, 780 amethysts, 800 emeralds, 745 diamonds,

General Discussion
… and ONE TOPAZ

These are my gem totals as of 5 minutes ago. Any chance of you guys making ring and amulet enchanting take any flawless imperial in 2.1 instead of a specific type?
Game is broke. Why we can't trade gems is beyond stupid. This game would work if it had trading like it was designed too.
06/18/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Abomb247
Game is broke. Why we can't trade gems is beyond stupid. This game would work if it had trading like it was designed too.

Yeah, I would trade 5 topaz for your 1000 stack of amethyst.
You must have had way too much gold to begin RoS with
06/18/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Wanderbird

no, would be just an average amount, assuming you knew what you were doing when flipping was an option

it is a very real problem, and its true, either change all of the good jewelry from taking topaz to reroll, or make trading possible
lol , yeah , just because you want some free topaz, let's enable trading of gems so that third party sites get a monetary boost and the bots and exploits are back. Great!
06/18/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Wanderbird

That doesn't have anything to do with this topic.

Besides its easy to make billions of gold in RoS just by playing. Gold is impossible to spend.

06/18/2014 06:02 PMPosted by cornelius
it is a very real problem, and its true, either change all of the good jewelry from taking topaz to reroll, or make trading possible

Trading fixes everything. Not just the gem issue.
I have literally thousands of gems, It would be sweet if there was something more to do with them besides sell them for barely any gold.

Should be able to trade commodity items.
06/18/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Vorpal
I have literally thousands of gems, It would be sweet if there was something more to do with them besides sell them for barely any gold.

Im the same way. And there are probably people with even more than that. And that is why they will likely never add trading back in. The best the OP could probably hope for is an ability to transmute gems.
This was in my dream:

Shen can now convert gems to each other at a 2:1 ratio
1271 diamond
986 amethyst
1026 topaz
924 emerald
1132 ruby

haven't rerolled jewelry for 1 month
Transmuter. 2:1 transmute cost. Doesn't require trading and gets rid of some of these commodity items out of the game. Add the npc to do this and case closed.
0 Sapphires. 0 Onyxes. Come on, Blizzard!
thats what happens when you think its cool to never loot items except legendaries...

i have 2k+ of each gem and 1k of topaz but thats only because i cant waste my gold on gems when i need it for rerolling, and i still have 2 witch doctors and 2 wizards to make gems for

and i actually loot items instead of acting cool and just leaving them behind and then complaining about not having any materials
I have picked up every gem since I started playing RoS, especially topaz, since it feels like it's needed to enchant 75% of the jewelry out there. Yet it's still not enough.

1072 rubies
1032 amethyst
1215 diamonds
1189 emeralds
3 topaz
06/18/2014 06:52 PMPosted by pocahontas
and i actually loot items instead of acting cool and just leaving them behind and then complaining about not having any materials

What's really stupid is when guys dump items on the ground in town! Especially when they know there is no one in the group who needs or will use them...lol
06/18/2014 06:13 PMPosted by Light

Should be able to trade commodity items.

How would that fix topaz being the most used gem in crafting?

Trading doesn't conjure items.
Since everyone use topaz, it would still be missing.
Unless someone did some heavy duty botting and capitalized on the situation ofcourse.

06/18/2014 06:06 PMPosted by Abomb247
Trading fixes everything. Not just the gem issue.

Fixes nothing, but you're too into your old memories to see that it doesn't.
What it do is bring in a lot of unwanted problems that are very difficult to handle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They should randomize what gem is used to reroll on each item.
I can't remember the last time I had a stack of Amethysts or Topazes over 20 :(