Clan overview in patch 2.1?

General Discussion
Hello

Any idea if the clan function over D3 battle.net will have an upgrade?

Examples on ideas (active members, trade-function and more) that we want can be read here:

More about the ideas: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10495112438#1

Short version of ideas:

- Way to see how active they have been since they joined the clan.

- Way to see how many things everyone have looted (numbers) since they joined the clan.

- Way to see as a player this too.

- Achievementawards that might be clan-specific.

- Officer-room where you invite up to 5 people to talk about things (or fix an issue)

- Warning-system. Let officers send a warning which will show in the clan that person X has an warning. After x amount of warnings there is an auto-kick out of the clan.

- Been in a clan for X days (insert 14 here or whatever) makes you qualified to trade items with gold with other clan-members as long as the items have been looted within 2 hours ago.

and..

- Achievementpoints with levels, gained levels unlock things.. Clan or no clan. Examples below:

A. Usage of icons in chat.
B. Change glow on fire where the hero stands.
C. Change glow on hero in the ingame clan menu.
D. Change background in the lobby.
E. Unlock alternative music in bounty-mode (D1 - D2 music?!).
Great ideas! I've been wanting a "last played" time of tab in the Clan Utility.

You might want to bullet point the main ideas in this thread, however.
Edit my post and added a small version of the ideas we covered on the EU thread.
We need to know how long a clan member has been offline/inactive. This is ridiculous.
06/22/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Enkeria
Hello

Examples on ideas (active members, trade-function and more) that we want can be read here:

More about the ideas: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10495112438#1

Short version of ideas:

- Way to see how active they have been since they joined the clan.

- Way to see how many things everyone have looted (numbers) since they joined the clan.

- Way to see as a player this too.

- Achievementawards that might be clan-specific.

- Officer-room where you invite up to 5 people to talk about things (or fix an issue)

- Warning-system. Let officers send a warning which will show in the clan that person X has an warning. After x amount of warnings there is an auto-kick out of the clan.

- Been in a clan for X days (insert 14 here or whatever) makes you qualified to trade items with gold with other clan-members as long as the items have been looted within 2 hours ago.

and..

- Achievementpoints with levels, gained levels unlock things.. Clan or no clan. Examples below:

A. Usage of icons in chat.
B. Change glow on fire where the hero stands.
C. Change glow on hero in the ingame clan menu.
D. Change background in the lobby.
E. Unlock alternative music in bounty-mode (D1 - D2 music?!).

LMAO it is a game, not a job. STOP MAKING IT LIKE A FREAKING JOB

We're definitely interested in adding additional clan features in a future patch. Patch 2.1, however, is primarily focused on introducing Seasons and Greater Rifts, along with a few other changes you can read about in our preview blog.

Of course, it's never too early to hear what you'd like to see added to Clans & Communities. :) We've seen a lot of features requested, and we're actively collecting and passing them on to our development team for consideration. What kind of features would you like to see as a Clan or Community Member? What about as an Officer or Clan/Community Leader?
Stopped reading at
06/23/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Nevalistis

We're definitely interested in adding additional clan features in a future patch. Patch 2.1, however, is primarily focused on introducing Seasons and Greater Rifts, along with a few other changes you can read about in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14244559/"]preview blog[/url].

Of course, it's never too early to hear what you'd like to see added to Clans & Communities. :) We've seen a lot of features requested, and we're actively collecting and passing them on to our development team for consideration. What kind of features would you like to see as a Clan or Community Member? What about as an Officer or Clan/Community Leader?

I can tell you right now that I would love to be a part of more than the amount of communities I am limited to now. I started RoS with a Crusader, and I had previously been a long time Barbarian. So, I am Canadian, and for fun created a Canadian Barbarian community and also joined the Crusader community. Since then I have joined RiF and a Bounty group and levelled my Demon Hunter as well, so I joined that community.

If I am not mistaken that is the limit. I do wish to get my Monk up to 70 next and love communicating with the class based communities to seek advice and chat about the class i'm playing. However with the current setup I have to keep leaving and joining the groups as I play because there is a limit. So I guess that's my main request.
Ty Blizz for adding clans, something I longed for since beta D3
If you're just looking for a method to track your inactive clan members, feel free to use my web tool at http://d3activity.meteor.com. It tracks the softcore paragon level of your clan members by taking snapshots from the online d3 profiles. It's not completely bug-free yet, but maybe it will help with clan management (specifically identifying people who have become completely inactive).

More information can be found on the website, including how to use the tool.
Sounds like great ideas! I have a thread about such things, but concerning communities, check it out and maybe there are some ideas that could also be incorporated in patch 2.1.

-

Some of the ideas mentioned in your EU thread, have been brought up months ago in my thread, which started out as simply a request for different colours in chat for different communities.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675247633
06/23/2014 01:40 PMPosted by DRE
Class balance > any feature you could possibly add.

Eh, since pvp isn't really an option right now then class balance isn't that important. Besides, they're still working on it anyway. We've been told WD are good where they are and that they're working on the rest of the classes. Just be patient, it'll happen.
I would love to see clan leaders have something real to do.

Maybe allow them to charge some sort of "tax" to the clan mates. This gold the clan collects as a whole could be used to purchase transmogrification plans. Or possibly we could allow clans to share their crafting materials in a general clan pool. These crafting materials the clan has could be increase via depositing them, another "tax", or simply gain crafting materials over time if that is what you decide to use your clans gold for.

There are so many things that clans could do above simple leader/officer/member positions.
online message feature and clan chat in battle.net...

We're definitely interested in adding additional clan features in a future patch. Patch 2.1, however, is primarily focused on introducing Seasons and Greater Rifts, along with a few other changes you can read about in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14244559/"]preview blog[/url].

What about adding more storage space?
06/23/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Shark

What about adding more storage space?

Actually, a clan stash storage space would be interesting. Have your regular shared stash between characters and have a clan stash that could be upgrade-able if clans had a way of putting gold into the clan gold to use that to upgrade the clan stash. This would be a great way to bring trading back into the game with people you like to play with. :)
They already have a lot of clan features that they could just copy from WoW. Those were pretty thoroughly tested already albeit from a different game. Same concept though, make it a lot easier. Maybe a 'Clan Storehouse (Guild Bank)' for trading or sharing assets and Clan Perks (Guild Perks) for progression.

Also a system that combines all the clan-mates levels, paragon levels and achievements into an accumulated number connected to a clan-based ranking/reputation system that could be tied to the previously mentioned clan-perks.

Finally, some kind of bonus/incentive for partying with other clan-mates to strengthen a clan's fellowship. Perhaps just additional magic and gold find, if not something more interesting such as bonus movement speed or other stats.

[CN] OldSchool here, Leader of Cloud Nine

I would like pretty much anything that makes players feel like they are part of something and gives people a team goal to work towards. All we do right now is rift with each other. Clan Leaderboards or Clan Currency would be cool features. Something to make clans a little more special...

Edit:

Clan Banners
Clan Dyes
Special Clan Transmogs
Clan Forum Avatars
Clan Towns
Ways to interact with other clans

I think a special clan currency would take the cake though. Make us feel like we are getting rich together.

how about "extended" trade between clan member's who have been in the clan longer than 72 hour's?