congrats blizz, +1 for effort

General Discussion
I really, really tried to give RoS a second chance, and I enjoyed it thoroughly (for a while), but the upcoming changes for a content patch is underwhelming and ridiculous. It might be time to say GG. Before you flame me, hear me out.

1. No new awesome new builds/gear/skills combos in a CONTENT PATCH. I bet thats another $60 for that.

2. The relentless nerf hammer.

3. Rorg is mandatory for synergies **yes I know I don't have one :-(**

4. I want to play lightning barb, but fire does more damage... Not exactly freedom of builds, which has been stated by devs as a main goal.

5. Legendary gems for ONLY ammies and rings?? ummm, WTF.

6. Decreasing health globe healing. Was anyone even asking for this? ...Why?

7. General lack of creativity with the entire game. (i.e. seasons??)... Create some custom game modes, like i don't know... tower defense? king of the hill, capture the flag??.... ANYTHING.
ooo ooo i have an idea... GREATER RIFTS. lmfao.

8. Bought the game expecting and told there would PvP. No dice.....still.

9. If you are going to buff "healing" why don't you add back lifesteal??

10. Nerf hammer again. I have never seen a game where "fixing" or "balancing" a game requires the devs to completely castrate a specific classes/skills when the entire point of the game is to become overpowered and increase killing efficiency. I can understand when something is being exploited, but being used as intended and it's nerfed is beyond comprehension.

gg.
yeah nurfing the globe healing is perplexing. I guess they want people to die more? Stupid.
06/23/2014 04:56 PMPosted by Zaino
yeah nurfing the globe healing is perplexing. I guess they want people to die more? Stupid.

I think they want max dps chars to suffer more. Understandable, but they are going about it the wrong way.
Buff nerfs and nerf buffs!

Plus I want to see an item that transforms your character into a ninja while worn. While you're a ninja, all legendary items drop for you. Other people in-game get none.

Also, you only get 2 skills; "stab" and "hide."
Greatest Rift, coming soon
06/23/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Hangender
06/23/2014 04:56 PMPosted by Zaino

I think they want max dps chars to suffer more. Understandable, but they are going about it the wrong way.

Crippling up the core resource generation skills is certainly not the way to do this, specially when a whole class has been funneled into such a build as a product of sloppy balancing. Heck, they're not even opening up new options to CA through game changing legs (too much work according to Mr. "2handersRok" Day) or boosting garbage hatred spenders. So much for viable over optimal. Idiots.
06/23/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Chronos
I really, really tried to give RoS a second chance, and I enjoyed it thoroughly (for a while), but the upcoming changes for a content patch is underwhelming and ridiculous. It might be time to say GG. Before you flame me, hear me out.

1. No new awesome new builds/gear/skills combos in a CONTENT PATCH. I bet thats another $60 for that.

The good thing about the First Look is that you can immediately sort out all the whiners who already compain about a patch they know nothing about.
06/23/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Chronos

2. The relentless nerf hammer.

3. Rorg is mandatory for synergies **yes I know I don't have one :-(**

4. I want to play lightning barb, but fire does more damage... Not exactly freedom of builds, which has been stated by devs as a main goal.

5. Legendary gems for ONLY ammies and rings?? ummm, WTF.

6. Decreasing health globe healing. Was anyone even asking for this? ...Why?

7. General lack of creativity with the entire game. (i.e. seasons??)... Create some custom game modes, like i don't know... tower defense? king of the hill, capture the flag??.... ANYTHING.
ooo ooo i have an idea... GREATER RIFTS. lmfao.

8. Bought the game expecting and told there would PvP. No dice.....still.

9. If you are going to buff "healing" why don't you add back lifesteal??

10. Nerf hammer again. I have never seen a game where "fixing" or "balancing" a game requires the devs to completely castrate a specific classes/skills when the entire point of the game is to become overpowered and increase killing efficiency. I can understand when something is being exploited, but being used as intended and it's nerfed is beyond comprehension.

gg.

To be fair, the RoS content that was released was pretty underwhelming as well... don't get me wrong, I had some fun much like you did... but I can see this game for what it is and what it continues to be from Blizzard it's called being shafted of receiving more thought provoking content ie... more involved PvP, more awesome legendary items (less glorified rare legendaries) etc....

Going BoA was a huge wtf moment.... sigh. They (Blizzard) say that targeted farming is less than ideal, the irony is that at one point we were doing that for legendary mats... lol.

I try and be cautiously optimistic, because I want the game to reach new heights.... I guess some of us just have to pray for better direction for this game in the future.
See you at 2.1
Since you seem to care for the game quite a bit, I will hope that for you and me both 2.1 starts to be the beginning of more epic content to come............. (crosses fingers).
I too found the nerfing of health globes extremely odd. Diablo 2 had unlimited potions. The game worked fine. Diablo 3 has a cooldown on potions but, apparently, that's not quite WOW enough. So, lets nerf health globes and have us watch the pointless death counter more often. I don't see any purpose to this whatsoever.

Dying in the game is completely pointless unless your in HC, which I normally play. Nerfing globes in SC is so pointless it's funny. Nerfing globes in HC would be stupid beyond belief. I haven't read the patch notes but, I hope this isn't happening in HC as well. I think the ever present danger of angry mobs and server disconnects makes things hard enough in HC.
My lightning barb handles T6 just fine, you're doing it wrong.
06/23/2014 05:17 PMPosted by SBT7
My lightning barb handles T6 just fine, you're doing it wrong.

Umm, with the gear you have, my 6-month-old niece could handle T6. Has nothing to do with skill when you're geared to the teeth.
See so many complaints about the health globe issue, but did no one read they are buffing life regen/life on hit. It's a counter balance. Only issue is with Reaper Wraps and them needing the globes, but they never said they may or may not change that buff. It's honestly to early to criticize something that's not even out and hasn't been tested by the public. Slow down and breath, it will be okay. Every-time I read these forum's, its almost like I am reading a bunch of teens sitting around with nothing to do waiting to suck the teet from Blizzards cow.
06/23/2014 05:15 PMPosted by BlayneRTFM
I too found the nerfing of health globes extremely odd. Diablo 2 had unlimited potions. The game worked fine. Diablo 3 has a cooldown on potions but, apparently, that's not quite WOW enough. So, lets nerf health globes and have us watch the pointless death counter more often. I don't see any purpose to this whatsoever.

Dying in the game is completely pointless unless your in HC, which I normally play. Nerfing globes in SC is so pointless it's funny. Nerfing globes in HC would be stupid beyond belief. I haven't read the patch notes but, I hope this isn't happening in HC as well. I think the ever present danger of angry mobs and server disconnects makes things hard enough in HC.

I totally agree with you. I don't understand why they try to keep making this game more like WoW with all the stupid cooldowns and crappy skill mechanics. At least WoW has a healthy player base and a number of different activities to do. In D3 its just farming for stupid legendaries that never drop. I am not entitled, but I just don't believe in spending thousands of hours on some stupid item so I can play a cookie cutter build. And yes I know other builds are T6 Viable, heck I played T2 straight from lvl 70 with all lvl 60ish items and a lvl 70 skorn, and its fine. But its just a pain to keep dying (pointless dying too).

Just plain frustrating.
as long as people get mad, that makes the game fun

and its obvious that 90% of the players did not play d2