Nerfing Hell Rift?

General Discussion
Been playing D2 entire childhood life, yada, yada <d2 nostalgic story here, feel sorry for me>..

Anywayz, this is more of a blog post, not really a rant.. but when I played Diablo 2, I did I don't know how many freaking baal runs. And on D3, I associated (or tried to) baal runs to Hell Rift runs, because of the exp and the efficiency. Now the EXP and Gold is getting decreased?

It doesn't say by how much, but maybe a blue can chime in here... Is it even going to be worth it anymore to do Hell Rift runs then? Because if it's nerfed substantially, that's just one less thing for me to do... :(

Thank you :)
Bump.. Don't ignore this..
Been playing D2 entire childhood life, yada, yada <d2 nostalgic story here, feel sorry for me>..

Anywayz, this is more of a blog post, not really a rant.. but when I played Diablo 2, I did I don't know how many freaking baal runs. And on D3, I associated (or tried to) baal runs to Hell Rift runs, because of the exp and the efficiency. Now the EXP and Gold is getting decreased?

It doesn't say by how much, but maybe a blue can chime in here... Is it even going to be worth it anymore to do Hell Rift runs then? Because if it's nerfed substantially, that's just one less thing for me to do... :(

\

where are you getting that it's getting nerfed? everyone keeps saying that it has already been nerfed because they added an elite pack to it... i dont think that's a nerf it's more of a buff. but whiners going to whine... tired of hearing that it's getting/has gotten nerfed. it's a bounty it'll stay a bounty. wheres the blue post that says it's getting "another nerf"

\

where are you getting that it's getting nerfed? everyone keeps saying that it has already been nerfed because they added an elite pack to it... i dont think that's a nerf it's more of a buff. but whiners going to whine... tired of hearing that it's getting/has gotten nerfed. it's a bounty it'll stay a bounty. wheres the blue post that says it's getting "another nerf"

Patch Notes:

The following Bounties have had their gold and XP reward values decreased:
Act I - Clear Khazra Den
Act II - Complete event: A Miner's Gold
Act III - Clear Cryder's Outpost
Act III - Clear Forward Barracks
Act IV - Clear Hell Rift level 2
Act V - Complete event: The Miser
Pretty sure they're just being made to be in line with other bounties.

Having one type of bounty grant 5x the exp and gold is pretty dumb.
06/25/2014 05:40 PMPosted by StupidSmartB

Pretty sure they should buff the ones that no one wants to do *hack -clear the ruins level 2- hack*.

Yeah, because bounty diversity is really bad game design logic!
If they are going to do that they should fix the exp that t6 malthael gives
06/25/2014 05:44 PMPosted by SWR

Having the easiest bounty have the largest reward IS bad design. That's why they fixed it. Oh no! No more super easy gold/exp!
they should make all bounties give more exp, the hardest ones give crap exp.
06/25/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Quetzalcoatl
06/25/2014 05:44 PMPosted by SWR

Having the easiest bounty have the largest reward IS bad design. That's why they fixed it. Oh no! No more super easy gold/exp!

Lol, yeah. I'm almost paragon 500, and I get about a millimeter per hell rift, it's so much exp and gold I tell ya!

They're more worried about this than all the other problems with the game? that speaks volumes.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Lol, yeah. I'm almost paragon 500, and I get about a millimeter per hell rift, it's so much exp and gold I tell ya!

They're more worried about this than all the other problems with the game? that speaks volumes.

Yeah, why would a game company care about balancing their game? So crazy, right?

Seriously thou, how many games would you reload until you got hell rift? How many times you think people reloaded to run that same OP bounty over and over?

I rather take buffs over nerfs any day, but killing exploits like chest runs, manglemaw, hell rift, etc is a good thing. Especially with seasons around the corner, last thing I want to do is spend entire seasons doing that dumb s*** so that I stand a chance on the leader-boards.

Yeah, why would a game company care about balancing their game? So crazy, right?

Seriously thou, how many games would you reload until you got hell rift? How many times you think people reloaded to run that same OP bounty over and over?

I rather take buffs over nerfs any day, but killing exploits like chest runs, manglemaw, hell rift, etc is a good thing. Especially with seasons around the corner, last thing I want to do is spend entire seasons doing that dumb s*** so that I stand a chance on the leader-boards.

I want to take on this particular statement... "last thing I want to do is spend entire seasons doing that dumb s*** so that I stand a chance on the leader-boards."

you are wanting ladders right? lets see here, when we did ladder in d2 what did you have to do to get on top of the ladder? spend 3 months doing baal runs. over and over and over and over repeatedly over and over. i would have to say personally i did somewhere in the area of 2Million baal runs. in the 5-7 years that i enjoyed diablo 2 (online anyways, never had good enough internet to play online when it first came out) so you're saying that you dont want to spend time doing repeated runs to get on top of the ladder... i must ask what else would you do?
06/25/2014 07:23 PMPosted by VILennen

I want to take on this particular statement... "last thing I want to do is spend entire seasons doing that dumb s*** so that I stand a chance on the leader-boards."

you are wanting ladders right? lets see here, when we did ladder in d2 what did you have to do to get on top of the ladder? spend 3 months doing baal runs. over and over and over and over repeatedly over and over. i would have to say personally i did somewhere in the area of 2Million baal runs. in the 5-7 years that i enjoyed diablo 2 (online anyways, never had good enough internet to play online when it first came out) so you're saying that you dont want to spend time doing repeated runs to get on top of the ladder... i must ask what else would you do?

Baal is endgame boss. Hellrift? What a dumb comparison.
06/25/2014 08:16 PMPosted by zeroxxx

Baal is endgame boss. Hellrift? What a dumb comparison.

Thank you for seeing that.

Also, why would you want a repeat of nothing but baal runs? I personally didn't mind meph and baal runs (because there weren't any options). Now we have options, lets not take them away but over-rewarding such a mindless bounty.

P.S. LMAO! 2 million baal runs?! Get over yourself you lying piece of s***. That'd be over 1095 baal runs EVERY DAY FOR 5 YEARS STRAIGHT (or over 780 a day every day for 7 years straight). Kiddos like you exaggerating everything on these forums is some of the most entertaining stuff I read.
Weren't these nerfs already implemented in the previous patch|?

Edit:Nevermind, they're in the new notes aswell, guess the first nerf wasn't enough.