Furnace --- a must item now

General Discussion
06/27/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Tiber
holy !@#$ % dmg skills/items with scaling hp is such a bad game design
+1

Things get out of hand quickly. Either commit to making all skills scale with hp or none. Mixing it up is problematic to say the least.
06/26/2014 11:48 PMPosted by Momo
06/26/2014 11:38 PMPosted by Shark
Super rare items must be super powerful.

So it's okay for The Furnace to be the strongest item in the game, even though it's not the rarest item, and even though demon hunters can't use it?

So all classes should be cookie cutter copies? Get out.
06/27/2014 09:09 AMPosted by Disturbed
06/27/2014 07:57 AMPosted by Optimystix
Datmodz cleared level 100 (70) with a monk with rimeheart and the EP fist...
Used Furnace for the RG

The EP fist also scales with level and was hitting for ~999,000,000,000....

He did not clear 100 (70). There was a bug when you opened up a game with a level 1 character. He cleared 100 (1).

Edit: This bug has been fixed.

actually he did... i watched it live...

it was right after the reset and he had a single lvl 100 rift key from the lvl (1) exploit prior to the reset. He used it on a 70 t6 game. Mobs had quadrillion health but the game integers where overflowed from too large numbers and the monsters actually had only ~5% of their health (around 999 billion health :P)
06/27/2014 10:56 AMPosted by DrEgo

yep i saw it too
I have to assume the weapon will change. If it doesn't, the entire leaderboard concept is completely useless and ended up being a waste of dev time.

Also if they do actually increase the rewards, it is simply poor design to require 1 item to get the best rewards.

I also hope they change rimeheart as well.

I still want both weapons to be very powerful. Having these weapons should enable you to go farther with certain builds in GRifts. They just shouldn't be as powerful as they are now.
I still think the item itself should not change, but they should add element immunties to Rift Guardians like we had in a few scarce mobs in vanilla.
lol I found 2 and I thought they were trash so I turned them to Forgotten Souls.. (2 handed are all trash mentality)
Problem is, Blizzards idea of making this game more challenging is to simply add more zeroes to monster hp.

Its no wonder why furnace and rhimeheart are going to be heavily abused this season.
This dropped while messing around on my crusader, and i salvaged it immediately. I'm very sad now.
06/27/2014 11:28 AMPosted by CMC
Problem is, Blizzards idea of making this game more challenging is to simply add more zeroes to monster hp.

Its no wonder why furnace and rhimeheart are going to be heavily abused this season.
it's an action rpg , you want the rift guardians to be like WOW raid bosses lol
06/27/2014 11:39 AMPosted by momonami5
06/27/2014 11:28 AMPosted by CMC

it's an action rpg , you want the rift guardians to be like WOW raid bosses lol

I have no idea what a WOW raid boss is.

I want Blizzard to be a bit more creative when it comes to increasing difficulty. Increasing monster hp is a lazy cop out.
06/27/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Jormugrand
lol I found 2 and I thought they were trash so I turned them to Forgotten Souls.. (2 handed are all trash mentality)

I did this with my first one. It rolled Intel (durr, found on my WD) and salvaged it because at the time I figured it only would benefit melee characters. Boy did I kick myself int he butt after that, especially when I saved such junk legendaries.
Leaderboards do not measure skill. They measure how lucky your drops are. This is why leaderboards are Meh at best.
06/27/2014 10:56 AMPosted by DrEgo

He would never have gotten a lvl100 GR key in the first place without the exploit.

I didn't see the live stream. How often did he die in the GR100 (70)? And did he clear it in less than 15 minutes?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13271427076

Pretty much sums up why this weapon will be so strong. It is the only weapon so far that scales with the target's HP that the higher their health, the greater the dmg. IMO, dev's would have to reconsider "capping" such a weapon.
It was must have at endgame pre GR anyway for fast efficient runs. All people who got it were using it.
All super high paragon players using it to farm Malthael 24/7.

Don't forget above 800 para each 100 lvls get you 500 mainstat (so its like getting a new mainstat) itemslot)
06/26/2014 10:59 PMPosted by Thorgrim

Still a higher drop rate than both SMK and WoW. Mine dropped, ironically, from a Rift Guardian.

Did he also drop ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife?
06/27/2014 01:09 AMPosted by Jsachun
06/26/2014 11:48 PMPosted by Momo

So it's okay for The Furnace to be the strongest item in the game, even though it's not the rarest item, and even though demon hunters can't use it?

If it isn't the rarest, why haven't i got one? They give me a useless focus ring, yet they won't even drop an item that is twice as likely? RNG can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly. I have a SMK and a Rheno and have never seen a Furnace.
lol I don't think I saw Nemesis Bracers until paragon 310 or something.