when we gonna get fix for NVIDIA FPS drop ?

Technical Support
i play only diablo 3 and buy a good GTX 770 then get the information for that problem!!! and hope we have that fix soon ? someone blue to answer that ? plsss on 2.1 it be fixed ?
GGgalf,

Have you tried the 2.1 PTR yet? I've seen reports that the fps issues with 700 series Nvidia cards seems to have been alleviated.

Im still getting same FPS drop in areas like Korsik bridge, and the other buggy ones (on 2.1 PTR). And im using 2x GTX Titan SLI, so its not fixed
Wormweed,

Is that while in a 4-player group or solo? I tried the bridge with my 780 and set the sound channels to the max 128 channel setting, which in the live game gives me trouble, but it seemed to be working fine on the PTR. This was solo though.

Our QA guys have done a lot of testing with 700 series card on 4-player games and have reported no issues in 2.1. It's possible though that the build they tested under is not the same as that released for the 2.1 PTR.

Hello pitching in on this, my system is an amd fx, 16gb ram at 1600mhz and a gtx 780 ptr is installed on an HDD due too no space on the SSD. but the live one is on the SSD.

My lag is noted outside a rift but not as much as in a rift.
i can go from 130+ fps uncapped to 9 fps uncapped
i can go from 60 fps capped/or vsynced to 9 fps capped/or vsynced
my problem seem to be worse in rifts with the blood pools.
i get the slowdowns faster while playing in party.
the fps problem is not just in rifts.

Changing video settings make a different on fps but only in fps range (etc 100 max 9 min on High settings, but 130+ to 9 fps on low settings.)
Sound is not the issue same fps with it OFF or ON (khz/bit depth/channels(stereo, 7.1) tested all off the settings)

checking my gpu through EVGA precision it seems to not want to use the gpu to its full potential mine runs at 800 2D boost but it should boost to 1060 or more if i set the OC (only place it will or might boost is at the game main menu screen after login) can cook my card at 70c and boost to max. but in game it will just revert to 2D boost.

WHO plays at rakkis/korsik everyday ?
Hello guys,

Really happy that a mod answer to this type of topic.

I am running a laptop with a i7 and a gtx880m. After trying everything (overclock the CPU, overclock the GPU, changed the ram, reinstalled the drivers, disable the sounds, change the d3 settings to low, installed the game on a ramdisk), I still have huge FPS drop when there is some actions on the screen while playing d3.

Some simple questions:
why Diablo 3 don't use the GPU at its max?
Why Diablo 3 runs on only one core? We are in 2014 guys... Time to get some multithread apps

I am happy about the patch, I tested the PTR and I thought you will fix this problem.... But nothing is fixed.

If you need some beta tester I will be happy to give a hand. When I see the amount of post on that forum concerning the FPS drop problem, I think you should prioritize that before even going further on the PTR balance...

Nobody nowadays want to spend thousand dollars in a computer and have this type of FPS drop... Most of the other game producer patches this type of issue right away, I don't understand why you are not listening to your customers database... You think we are all making this type of thread for fun?

Please blizzard do your work and fix that problem once for all
thanks for the first answer blizz :)
yeah i test the PTR version but in solo play not in party.
but i see other player reports the problem are still there and no need to make party check on the problem :)
pls fix it soon blizz :) i dont want to buy AMD Graphic adapter or to leav D3 (favorite game for me)
I have had these issues on my 770 for ages it feels like. PTR and Live servers. It's been a problem for at least a year, and every post I have seen about it has not found a fix. I only play solo, so I know the group dynamic has nothing to do with it. Even if I put the settings at the lowest possible, I see the same problems. It's always in the same areas every person has mentioned recently and over the last year. I can't remember the names, but most are Act 3 zones.
by me is not specific areas, when i am in party with 3 not 4 player also (with 2 not tested yet) i get often 15 FPS !!! you cant imagine how i feel to see that FPS on my screen on GTX 770
mostly on bridge act 3 and when lots of elite or monsters fighting.. mostly elites
07/01/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Omrakos
Wormweed,

Is that while in a 4-player group or solo? I tried the bridge with my 780 and set the sound channels to the max 128 channel setting, which in the live game gives me trouble, but it seemed to be working fine on the PTR. This was solo though.

Our QA guys have done a lot of testing with 700 series card on 4-player games and have reported no issues in 2.1. It's possible though that the build they tested under is not the same as that released for the 2.1 PTR.

Ive only been playing solo on PTR. I was getting the fps drop in the rift versions of the maps, didnt try to go to those maps outside of a rift.
+1. Playing at 5 dps (4 player multi) with gpu at 20% (nvidia 560gtx) and cpu at 50% (i5-4570, not one core is at max!) is extremely annoying.
+1. I'm playing with a GTX550Ti which I've checked before on Blizz list of supported video cards and it's marked to run High Performance:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-supported-video

But when I'm playing in group I usually use my DH so when I vault the screen freezes, sometimes after some seconds my DH decides to vault, sometimes is like playing a dejavù, where you are in one place far ahead and after using a skill such as vault or even high mob density, you are thrown back to a place you had been before.

My system is:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bits - Updated
Processor AMD FX4300
Video Card Nvidia GTX550Ti
Memory 8gb 1600mhz Kingston
SSD Kingston

PS: This issues started to happen after patch 1.0.7 and when RoS was released actually it seemed to be fixed but after some maintenances started happening again and worse.
I've tested with another video card and processor. Still same thing.
Wormweed,

I have tried PTR and I can see that the issues are still present solo and MP 4 players games. The issue is less severe when I run my Wiz or crusader, but on WD is still pretty bad.

My specs are the following:

i7 3770k
16GIG Ram
780 GTX
SSD
Soundblaster Z

I'm more than willing to provide more feedback/information if necessary to help identity the issue.

Thank you.
I find it odd that people are having FPS drops with Nvidia 700 series cards. I'm running two ASUS GTX 760's in SLI and don't have no FPS drops at all using the GeForce 337.88 drivers.

Here's my system specs:
ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard - Realtek ALC 1150 HD Audio codec
i7 4770
ASUS GTX 760's in SLI
16GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333 ram
Crucial C300 128GB Boot drive, 500GB Games drive
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

I've run multiple rift's with my lvl 70 monk who has 114 paragon levels and has been swarmed multiple times by hordes of monsters, and not once have I seen an FPS drop below 60FPS on my Viewsonic VX2753mh LED monitor and I play a lot of single player.
07/04/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Nightwolf
and I play a lot of single player.

Grats bro. A majority of these problems become evident in 4 player rifts though.

What kind of soundcard are they using? A dedicated card, or on-board?
i use on-oard sound card, but can get dedicate one for a tests, are you sure that can be from there
yeah you're right i try it no effect