*UPDATED* (2.1/PTR) Build & Weapon Testing

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
07/02/2014 02:47 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
07/02/2014 02:28 PMPosted by KimSulki84
Thank you very much for the information.

Just rolled a DH for fun.
*gasp*

Quickly get the smelling salt
07/03/2014 12:31 PMPosted by FireBr
Question about Ramalandi's:

I'd just crafted a very good Arcan Barb, with more or less the following characteristics:

------------
2.850 dps
1195-1480 arcane damge
+10% damage
+7% ias
710 vitality
------------

I didn't roll anything yet.
The question is: if I use the ramalandi's gift to add a socket, I will be able to roll the vitality in to dexterity?

Many thanks in advance.

With M6 sentry build, you really want to be careful about attack speed. Using a 2H Xbow you probably want to aim for 1.46 BP w/o taskers or 2.16 BP with. Depending on how much attack speed you are getting from the rest of your gear, that 7% IAS could be completely wasted. You might want to run some numbers first before making the decision whether or not to keep that 7% IAS. If it doesnt get you to the next breakpoint, then loosing it might bring down the DPS number on your weapon and character sheet, but it will not effect the actual damage output of your sentries.
+1

It would be a shame to reroll vitality to dex, if you didn't needed the ias for BP. Wait, set up your gear, figure out if you need the ias, then either roll that or vitality into dex. Hopefully you will not need ias, because that is some nice vitality you got there (and a sick bow) :)
how about lightning andariel/rorg vs unity? isn't 20% lightning from andariel stronger than 15% elite bonus?
07/06/2014 01:10 PMPosted by IamLegend
how about lightning andariel/rorg vs unity? isn't 20% lightning from andariel stronger than 15% elite bonus?

For both Cold and Lightning, you want to use Andy instead of Mara, so Unity is not an option.
07/06/2014 01:16 PMPosted by Cottonface

For both Cold and Lightning, you want to use Andy instead of Mara, so Unity is not an option.

The reason you skip andys is it's really hard to roll perfectly. Otherwise it would be considered an option for fire and phys. It also takes up a roll with %fire damage taken. So it's not exactly the best item out there...Which makes unity good because you sacrifice a bit less and gain some damage to pets.

However for both cold and lightning they both generally use EA (although lightning can avoid this) so T&T is a decent option.
Posted by Cottonface

The reason you skip andys is it's really hard to roll perfectly. Otherwise it would be considered an option for fire and phys. It also takes up a roll with %fire damage taken. So it's not exactly the best item out there...Which makes unity good because you sacrifice a bit less and gain some damage to pets.

However for both cold and lightning they both generally use EA (although lightning can avoid this) so T&T is a decent option

ahhh thanks for the advice. :)

so I have:

unity:
dex: 439
chd: 47%
chc: 5%
elite: 15%

mara helm
dex: 678
vit: 695
crit: 6%
socket
OR
dex: 712
crit: 6%
cluster arrow: 11%
socket

vs:

andy:
lightning:20%
dex:693
as: 7%
cc: 5%
fire taken: 6%

rorg:
dex: 464
vit: 457
AS: 6
chd: 44%

what would be better?

and unity gives bonus to pets?
***UPDATE***

Keeping the 2h crossbow for the greater damage range that sentries use, but using an IAS belt like Hellcat or WH and a RoRG and Taskers to reach the 2.16 BP seems to be the fastest killer for M6 DH on PTR/patch 2.1 thus far.

Of course we are yet to test the legendary gems, so this may change, but at present this was substantially faster kill speed with T6 elites down in 4-8 seconds in all cases other than shielding.

Here is the gear and passives / build that I recommend for T6 on PTR -
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wired-2524/hero/9888212

You'll need around 5% in paragon IAS to reach the 2.16 BP, but this means your sentries will fire 13 CAs, 24 MS and 24 Impales plus 13 bolts and a TON of rockets every 30 seconds, per sentry!
anyone tested rimeheart, frostburns, polar sentries? heh
Go with the unity combo, imo. The helm gives 11% CA, which is comparable to the ele on Andies, and the socket for CDR is very handy. Yes, Unity does give elite damage to pets. The vit mara helm is a good alt choice for running solo grifts without ca.
07/09/2014 05:40 PMPosted by chrisloup
anyone tested rimeheart

Not found one sadly. If I had it would probably be on my cold wizard though. I also believe it only works on trash, so probably limited gains anyway?
I'm assuming Ramalandi's is a "seasons only" legendary? (if so... boo). :(
07/14/2014 01:18 PMPosted by LunarSolaris

It's not, it's a new legendary consumable used to put the maximum amount of sockets available to an item, on that item. It's obtained by killing goblins (in 2.1 they have a chance to summon a portal to Greed's realm) You run the goblin portal and kill the boss, get lots of money and get the mat. Use the mat on your weapon (the only slot it can be used atm) and baddah bing! You have a socket and 1 free primary stat.
07/14/2014 01:24 PMPosted by TheSloth
07/14/2014 01:18 PMPosted by LunarSolaris

It's not, it's a new legendary consumable used to put the maximum amount of sockets available to an item, on that item. It's obtained by killing goblins (in 2.1 they have a chance to summon a portal to Greed's realm) You run the goblin portal and kill the boss, get lots of money and get the mat. Use the mat on your weapon (the only slot it can be used atm) and baddah bing! You have a socket and 1 free primary stat.

In that case, I retract my statement. ;)

I am just getting back after being in Europe for 3 weeks on vacation. I'm really behind the times on what's going on in The PTR. I need to catch up on some forum reading.

BTW, thank you for giving me the update so nicely!

And Wired, sorry for the partial thread hijack (GREAT thread btw!).
07/14/2014 01:30 PMPosted by LunarSolaris
And Wired, sorry for the partial thread hijack (GREAT thread btw!).

Cheers Ears!
I wonder how well pets start to hit for going physical build with enforcer gem which gives pets 20%+ more critical damage? has anyone had the chance to get this gem and further upgrade it?
Hi, quick DH PTR question. (don't have time to test myself)

Does the chill from Polar Station work in conjunction with Cull the Weak and hatred spenders from sentries?

I'm not even sure if hatred spenders from sentries get a bonus from cull the weak now actually :)

Any advice would be appreciated.
07/15/2014 06:52 AMPosted by Krak
I wonder how well pets start to hit for going physical build with enforcer gem which gives pets 20%+ more critical damage? has anyone had the chance to get this gem and further upgrade it?

I'm using it on PTR but as it apllies to sentries and pets - the sentry output is still VASTLY superior to pets, regardless of element used on gear / runes. It sure is a nice buff, rolling 6% crit on a ring to a socket and then gaining 20% for pets.
These test result posts are among the most valuable kinds of feedback we can get. We’re continuing to compile the feedback we’re receiving, and I would encourage everyone who is participating to be sure to leave feedback in the PTR Feedback forum as well. Thanks, all!