New hope for D3 now with a new CCO?

General Discussion
Rob Pardo did a great job on earlier Blizz games and I wish him the best on his next projects.

I think many of us are excited to see a new executive direction on D3 and to finally bring in some new life to this slow developing game.

Do you think with a new executive director we might be seeing a better direction and possibly see some good changes and additions made to the game?
He jumped ship while his resume still looks good.

I highly doubt it will change anything, since someone who already helped with this game will most likely take his spot.
Blizzard is a huge company. Big companies tend to be slowed down by bureaucracy. Honestly, I don't expect any big changes. It's not like D3 is their main focus, anyways. Heck, I'd even wager it's their least important project, considering the sluggish development time and sloppy execution we've seen compared to their other franchises.
07/03/2014 11:47 AMPosted by Zeyta
Rob Pardo did a great job on earlier Blizz games and I wish him the best on his next projects.

I think many of us are excited to see a new executive direction on D3 and to finally bring in some new life to this slow developing game.

Do you think with a new executive director we might be seeing a better direction and possibly see some good changes and additions made to the game?

No.

Blizzard's philosophy and attitude towards D3 would need to change first.
I never understood why they kept yanking out the interesting tough affixes and instead made huge hp walls to hit and then have terrible loot rewards

it would of been way better to keep the game hard but give out more rewards

sure there would be some that find an exploit and rake in lots of loot but now with BOA why would they care when that happens?
We will get what we've been getting.
Slow advancement and poor execution.
The game is dead nothing will change it because of the audience they're targeting, called casuals.
Yet casuals make up the majority audience prime so what you said makes no sense at all. Congrats. Ooh also game isn't dead :)
07/03/2014 01:58 PMPosted by Kratos
Yet casuals make up the majority audience prime so what you said makes no sense at all. Congrats. Ooh also game isn't dead :)

Says a p46 casual.
arent you thankful?