Blizzard is bleeding money and employees

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
The Wow subs are declining every quarter. Blizzard is bleeding subscribers!

Two big employees have left the company. Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street, who went to LoL and now Rob Pardo!

What does this all mean? It means Blizzard is becoming a failure. I mean just look at D3, the biggest failure in gaming history!

These two employee are done with Blizzard. They have, in effect 'rage quit'! I admire them for standing up for what they believe in and doing the right thing. Now if half the mods here on the D3 forums would do the same, it would be great.
D3 "the biggest failure in gaming history"

When you people say this it makes you look stupid. I was very disappointed with a lot of the design choices they made as well, but the game was not a financial or critical failure. You are a failure for still complaining about a big disappointment from two years ago. Move on.
Maybe they hate people like you.
They are set for life you fool. Anything more is just extra money they wont be able to spend before they die.
Blizzard is being overtaken by the Prime Evil, obviously. The next expansion shall be titled "The Fall of Blizzard."

/reposition tinfoil hat
the bleeding hyperbole is boring
07/03/2014 12:25 PMPosted by WitchDoctor
Blizzard is being overtaken by the Prime Evil, obviously. The next expansion shall be titled "The Fall of Blizzard."

/reposition tinfoil hat

lol
i wish they would just tell us the truth instead of sugar coating the fakeness

anytime i put my 2 weeks notice in.

" this job sucks and im bailing because i hate steve"

not

" its been a magical 48 years here i love everyone. im gonna enjoy being unemployed. yadda yadda moving on with my life to pursue adventure in unknown kingdoms"

be honest.

i hate my job and I QUIT.
07/03/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Judgmnt
Maybe they hate people like you.
They just might.
One thing is completely for sure though everyone hates someone.
18 million copies sold is a failure?

i wish i could fail like them and earn myself some hundred million USDs...
Rob Pardo left? Do you have a link? I'm curious where he went.

Oh, and if Blizz went into a tailspin every time a high ranking employee left, it would've crashed and burned long ago. Just like any other major corporation, people come and go all the time. I'd only worry if it were Mike Morhaime leaving the helm as he's the one who sets the direction of the company--and even then, Blizz would probably still continue to thrive.

But nice FUD post, Socs. By the way, how's Marvel Heroes treating you?
Lol I don't agree with all if OP's thread but I do think the employees leaving are making a wise choice. Why spend another 10+ years on a project that they might not agree with their philosophies of game design when they can work on other, better projects?

Like GW 2! :D
I'd only worry if it were Mike Morhaime leaving the helm as he's the one who sets the direction of the company

Hmm... So is he the one truly responsible for D3? If so... I have a new person to blame instead of Rob Pardo for the last couple years lol!

Mike Morhaime hmm...
07/03/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
Rob Pardo left? Do you have a link? I'm curious where he went.

Oh, and if Blizz went into a tailspin every time a high ranking employee left, it would've crashed and burned long ago. Just like any other major corporation, people come and go all the time. I'd only worry if it were Mike Morhaime leaving the helm as he's the one who sets the direction of the company--and even then, Blizz would probably still continue to thrive.

But nice FUD post, Socs. By the way, how's Marvel Heroes treating you?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/3/5868499/blizzard-rob-pardo-leaves-blizzard-entertainment

MH is great, thank you. Constant game events keep me so busy, that sometimes i don't have time to entertain my forum fans here.
07/03/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Socs

Two big employees have left the company. Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street, who went to LoL and now Rob Pardo!

What does this all mean? It means Blizzard is becoming a failure. I mean just look at D3, the biggest failure in gaming history!

These two employee are done with Blizzard. They have, in effect 'rage quit'! I admire them for standing up for what they believe in and doing the right thing. Now if half the mods here on the D3 forums would do the same, it would be great.

Oh no! Not one, but two developers left? Even though no one has said the reason for them leaving? No, it HAS to be bad... wait, maybe they left for personal reasons? Family changes? No, that's not rageful enough to justify... oh, I know! They wanted to do something different, perhaps? Or they were offered a job at another company that was a move up or for more money, or both? Naw, couldn't be... there's not enough drama in reasonable, simple, and logical reasons for leaving!

/sarcasm
The way this community treats others would make me want to leave too...

If it were me I'd have given up long ago with trying to please a "fanbase" that more closely resembles an angry mob.
07/03/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Dinosaur
i wish they would just tell us the truth instead of sugar coating the fakeness

anytime i put my 2 weeks notice in.

" this job sucks and im bailing because i hate steve"

not

" its been a magical 48 years here i love everyone. im gonna enjoy being unemployed. yadda yadda moving on with my life to pursue adventure in unknown kingdoms"

be honest.

i hate my job and I QUIT.

As an HR manager, I can tell you that you're not only burning bridges, but flaming the surrounding areas with napalm doing this. You may think you'd never work with those bozos again, but life takes some funny twists and turns. I've seen people who've stormed out of one job suddenly and without warning have their current employers hire "Steve" as their supervisor. I've also seen ex-employees who, when the old regime is gone, want to return, but can't because they left on such bad terms. I've further seen people apply for a new job--and discover that it's Steve's brother who's conducting the interview.

It's a small world and you don't know where you'll end up. Be wise and make sure that, wherever you land, you hadn't already dug a pit to fall in.
07/03/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Socs

Nothing to see here folks, just another tin-foil hat theorist who spends all his time trolling the forms. Move along, move along.
07/03/2014 12:44 PMPosted by Endlessheals
The way this community treats others would make me want to leave too...

If it were me I'd have given up long ago with trying to please a "fanbase" that more closely resembles an angry mob.

These words are sadly true.
The sky is falling! The sky is falling...

2 Employee's out of 1000's leave and people pee their pants. lol

Y2K is coming!