Blizzard is bleeding money and employees

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I am pretty much done with Blizzard at this point, a customer since wc2. I really was into Blizzard for their RTS titles and the way the dedicated themselves to a few titles and limited genres. Nowadays they seem to be a jack of all trades and all the products seem so mediocre from a gameplay point of view, similar to what a lot of other gaming companies are producing in all fairness.

Still a company that produced sc1 and wc3 deserves mad respect, will go down as one of my all time fav game developers.
07/03/2014 12:44 PMPosted by Endlessheals
The way this community treats others would make me want to leave too...

If it were me I'd have given up long ago with trying to please a "fanbase" that more closely resembles an angry mob.

I'm surprised Socs isn't rejoicing as there's a contingent that blames Rob Pardo for all of D3's supposed faults (and burnt toast and stolen bikes too, probably).

And Ghostcrawler's leaving Blizzard is relatively old news. Didn't he quit at the beginning of this year?

Anyway, I wish Mr. Pardo luck wherever he goes. He deserves it as he's a stellar game designer.
06/18/2014 07:33 PMPosted by Socs
Ladders mean a fresh start. So i will take a fresh start too. I will come back! I will behave myself :)

I'm sorry for being so trollish/negative. I'm ready to be a nephalem again!

OK. Right

07/03/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Socs
The Wow subs are declining every quarter. Blizzard is bleeding subscribers!

Two big employees have left the company. Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street, who went to LoL and now Rob Pardo!

What does this all mean? It means Blizzard is becoming a failure. I mean just look at D3, the biggest failure in gaming history!

These two employee are done with Blizzard. They have, in effect 'rage quit'! I admire them for standing up for what they believe in and doing the right thing. Now if half the mods here on the D3 forums would do the same, it would be great.

OK. Right.
I thought Ladder re-energized your enthusiasm about the game, Socs.
Thanks for the post. OP! You've reminded me that I hope the devs will be making that "Tinfoil Hat" legendary item they were talking about.

It'd be perfect for you.
07/03/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Zeyta
I'd only worry if it were Mike Morhaime leaving the helm as he's the one who sets the direction of the company

Hmm... So is he the one truly responsible for D3? If so... I have a new person to blame instead of Rob Pardo for the last couple years lol!

Mike Morhaime hmm...

He's the president and one of the three founders of the company, so yeah, if you're unhappy with the way things are going at Blizzard, send him an email. Can't promise he'd read it, let alone respond, but he is the main dude there.
Replace failure with disappointments. Millions of copies sold is far from a failure.
07/03/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Killmepls
Oh please, most those copies sold was from the diablo 2 hype, mine was.

You can probably assign most of the first six million or so to that, pretty much the first week. But people that are aware of the D2 hype would probably be aware of the first week response as well so getting from six to where they are now is not so easy to explain with Diablo 2 hype.

Not to mention that apparently it's still selling relatively well for a two-year-old game even now.

I can see how it must be difficult to spend all those hours on forums and whatever ripping a game apart just to be largely ignored as everyone goes out and buys it anyway.
07/03/2014 01:06 PMPosted by Eschaton
I can see how it must be difficult to spend all those hours on forums and whatever ripping a game apart just to be largely ignored as everyone goes out and buys it anyway.

Yes, it must be hard indeed.
Even worse is being angry and bitter about something you can't control and everyone else just disagree with.
Bleeding employees? No. Money? Doubt it, but 2014 Q2 is right around the corner so we can find out soon.

I didn't like D3 when it came out, but every single patch that has been released from launch until now I've liked, felt it improved the game. Blizzard has always been pretty good at taking feedback and implementing it, and communicating with the fanbase.

As far as D3 hurting future sales of Diablo, I seriously doubt it. Look at the train wreck franchise that is Battlefield. Terrible launches, games are borderline unplayable for months. They still sell, and there is already a new Battlefield game being developed. If previous titles with bad launches damaged sale numbers, I doubt EA would've greenlit Battlefield Hardline.
I think it's funny how many people think that one man has any control in that "company".

I am 99% sure its darts and a dart board....
07/03/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
07/03/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Dinosaur
i wish they would just tell us the truth instead of sugar coating the fakeness

anytime i put my 2 weeks notice in.

" this job sucks and im bailing because i hate steve"

not

" its been a magical 48 years here i love everyone. im gonna enjoy being unemployed. yadda yadda moving on with my life to pursue adventure in unknown kingdoms"

be honest.

i hate my job and I QUIT.

As an HR manager, I can tell you that you're not only burning bridges, but flaming the surrounding areas with napalm doing this. You may think you'd never work with those bozos again, but life takes some funny twists and turns. I've seen people who've stormed out of one job suddenly and without warning have their current employers hire "Steve" as their supervisor. I've also seen ex-employees who, when the old regime is gone, want to return, but can't because they left on such bad terms. I've further seen people apply for a new job--and discover that it's Steve's brother who's conducting the interview.

It's a small world and you don't know where you'll end up. Be wise and make sure that, wherever you land, you hadn't already dug a pit to fall in.

This is so true.
07/03/2014 01:21 PMPosted by Veyron
This is so true.

Yes.
But rage is funnny :D
Do it for comedy!!
07/03/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Bombus
07/03/2014 01:21 PMPosted by Veyron
This is so true.

Yes.
But rage is funnny :D
Do it for comedy!!

Then I would expect no less than a video of him quitting in a Francis like rage and posting it on YouTube.
I mean just look at D3, the biggest failure in gaming history!

I like D3. And I find your post just kind of annoying and whiny in general.
The Wow subs are declining every quarter. Blizzard is bleeding subscribers!

Two big employees have left the company. Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street, who went to LoL and now Rob Pardo!

What does this all mean? It means Blizzard is becoming a failure. I mean just look at D3, the biggest failure in gaming history!

These two employee are done with Blizzard. They have, in effect 'rage quit'! I admire them for standing up for what they believe in and doing the right thing. Now if half the mods here on the D3 forums would do the same, it would be great.

I'm mostly certain this is a troll post but anyway.

Biggest gaming failure in history? Not even half close. Sword of the Stars 2, failure. Legends of Pegasus, bigger failure. These are just the two that I know about from recent memory.

People will often move to other jobs, it doesn't mean that their previous job is bad, could just mean more money or new challenges, or both. Fact is, unless they made a public statement saying something along the lines of "I'm leaving this sinking ship!" then I doubt it is to do with Blizzard "becoming a failure".

As for WoW, new expansion out soon. The subs will rise again and then steadily fall as they do every single time an expansion comes out. It's nothing new.
17 years at a company is a long time. Nothing is forever. Large companies always have people coming and going all the time. Relax, it'll be ok. And hey - if it's not. It's just a game. It'll still be ok.
its amazing wow can still have a sub model a decade after its release. That must be the most succesfull game ever