Blizzard is bleeding money and employees

General Discussion
Things that make you go hmmmm

Does the status of Blizzard Entertainment have any correlation to the status of the blizzard skill of the wizard?
what are you trying to say ?

say it !@#$en straight.

I visit forum for good things, always see these trolls around.
Blizzard/D3 is far from a failure. It's a very good game. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Is it perfect? No, in fact, it's a long way from perfect. But I can't name a perfect game and I've been gaming from the get-go. Yes, There are some things they should've could've done better. You can say that about anything.

i think you have a hardcore group of D2 fans that can't except the fact that D3 is not D2. Go back and play D2 if that's what you long for.
07/03/2014 01:39 PMPosted by IKnowUSexy
what are you trying to say ?

say it !@#$en straight.

I visit forum for good things, always see these trolls around.

Socs should get a ban.
But the moderators are real sweethearts here, they don't do much unless it gets critical. Understandable and a good strategy I suppose, letting people have their rants. But Socs been doing this for months, creating new troll topics.
I liked pre ROS fanboi socs better.
07/03/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Spite
I liked pre ROS fanboi socs better.

I don't. He's $60 bucks poorer, with 100 hours of unrewarding RoS gameplay.
07/03/2014 01:37 PMPosted by Jook
its amazing wow can still have a sub model a decade after its release. That must be the most succesfull game ever

And the WoW team has completely ran out of ideas...Which is evident when you have to resort to time travel for storylines.
07/03/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Socs
The Wow subs are declining every quarter. Blizzard is bleeding subscribers!

Two big employees have left the company. Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street, who went to LoL and now Rob Pardo!

What does this all mean? It means Blizzard is becoming a failure. I mean just look at D3, the biggest failure in gaming history!

These two employee are done with Blizzard. They have, in effect 'rage quit'! I admire them for standing up for what they believe in and doing the right thing. Now if half the mods here on the D3 forums would do the same, it would be great.

Is this what MH players do? Log out of MH to live on the d3 forums? Must also be a great game.
That's a lot of tears and tinfoil hats over something that is likely nothing more than a senior employee who can no longer get the raises he wants, so he took a job that WILL pay him what he wants or has better terms.

I left a job of nearly 11 years for better terms and better scenery because I could... not because I had anything against the previous company. It was just business. I left on good terms with recommendations and a handshake. Odds are a veteran of 17 years does too.

D3 has plenty of room for improvement... but with RoS it went from a C- to a B or B+.
Granted, we are used to A++ from the old Blizzard and the Diablo series.
However, its not the worst by any means.
Indeed the OP must be extremely new to gaming as the last few years have brought a whole new level of awful to gaming. Heck, even Activision has made at least one stinker.
Ever heard of "The Walking Dead: Survival instinct" (activision game btw) or "Duke Nukem Forever"? Both of those aren't just bad... they are awful. Worse, their material should have been amazing...

The OP thinks he didn't get his money worth... hey I can see that. But the emo in this thread is disgusting.
Just quit and play something you do like. Stop crying.
Diablo 3 was a failure because it hurt their brand name.. badly. They did not lose money on it as they were riding the Diablo name for sales, but they won't make much on the next one. It isn't an instant hurt.. but it is a BIG setback.

Titan also getting delayed by 2 years doesn't help them either.
07/03/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Judgmnt
Maybe they hate people like you.

Tseric certainly did.
mop has been out forever. far too long on its current content so the bleed is expected and so is a strong recovery with wod release.

i was completely done with wow and enjoying the hell out of d3 until blizzcon when the d3 panel was blah and the wow panels all had me very excited. it's coming back in a big way with the next expansion.

that said..huh? blizzard is still the one of the top desired employers.

regarding the 2 big names that left: you will understand when you enter the career world that moving around is a big part of advancing. if there is no room for growth for your current employer, then you seek that growth elsewhere.
07/03/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Killmepls
Diablo 3 is horrible, it was a quick bait and switch, diablo by name only.

You use this term. I'm not sure you know what it means.
Of course WOW continues to lose subscribers. It's an old game. Many of those one time 12 million subscribers ( now approx 8 million) have aged, changed and moved on with other interests and there are a lot more choices for new players of the genre.

Ghostwalker? In his role at Blizzard, he was responsible for many in-game balance changes in WoW, and as various classes, spells or items were nerfed or buffed, he shouldered much of the heat for controversial decisions. (I personally left WOW because of the healing changes that came with Cataclysm.) He's entitled to get sick of that and move on. Damn, his original interests in life was not gaming anyways. He was a biologist! People interested in the study of life are not inclined to stay more than 5 years in a place where they constantly get dumped on.

Pardo? A mid-life course change 17 years in one place for a creative type like him, who was named one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People of the Year in 2006, should not come as earth-shattering news. Of course new personality conflicts may have played a role, but so what. It's his life and Blizzard doesn't own it.Blizzard doesn't own his life and neither do we..

There is of course the possibility that all of this may be good for Diablo fans, with a new top creative head and Bobbie Kotick's desperate need to replace the revenue lost from WOW so he can benefit from his performance based contract benefits, maybe the attention D3 needs and deserves will be given to D3 to develop it as a growing profit center for Activision/Blizzard. With the right team and a change in the "making games should not be fun" and toilet paper game making attitude reportedly expressed by A/B's CEO, Blizzard could seriously turn this game in the right direction with fundamental positive changes and continuing expansions.

Personally I believe that the current team made impressive fun - factor improvements in ROS and for those of you who do not agree with that there is always hope.

And if in the end Blizzard dies, that's life. To each there is a season and all empires ultimately fail.

Or as they say down South, "Every Dog has Its day."
Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street, who went to LoL
There goes LoL...
I never was a fan of this guy. He constantly talked out his rear. When proven incorrect on several fronts, he then denied his original position.

He also sounds extremely skeevy. Like... looking through your window at night, skeevy. Just listen to him talk at Blizzcon, and it will give you the creepies all over.
Even successful companies have transitions. There are just times when an employee finds an opportunity worth taking to further their career, be it going up the corporate ladder or learning new things to expand their knowledge. How do you know it isn't one of those reasons Rob Pardo is leaving?

It isn't nice to put words into the mouths of others, especially when they aren't really going to have a way to respond shortly thereafter. Just wish Rob well and hope for the best for him.

But there is. Being all alone in a crowd.』
The Wow subs are declining every quarter. Blizzard is bleeding subscribers!

Two big employees have left the company. Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street, who went to LoL and now Rob Pardo!

What does this all mean? It means Blizzard is becoming a failure. I mean just look at D3, the biggest failure in gaming history!

These two employee are done with Blizzard. They have, in effect 'rage quit'! I admire them for standing up for what they believe in and doing the right thing. Now if half the mods here on the D3 forums would do the same, it would be great.

Dear Lord, you're right! Why...they may only make it another 20 years or so! How many expansions will that be? ;)
07/03/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
07/03/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Dinosaur
i wish they would just tell us the truth instead of sugar coating the fakeness

anytime i put my 2 weeks notice in.

" this job sucks and im bailing because i hate steve"

not

" its been a magical 48 years here i love everyone. im gonna enjoy being unemployed. yadda yadda moving on with my life to pursue adventure in unknown kingdoms"

be honest.

i hate my job and I QUIT.

As an HR manager, I can tell you that you're not only burning bridges, but flaming the surrounding areas with napalm doing this. You may think you'd never work with those bozos again, but life takes some funny twists and turns. I've seen people who've stormed out of one job suddenly and without warning have their current employers hire "Steve" as their supervisor. I've also seen ex-employees who, when the old regime is gone, want to return, but can't because they left on such bad terms. I've further seen people apply for a new job--and discover that it's Steve's brother who's conducting the interview.

It's a small world and you don't know where you'll end up. Be wise and make sure that, wherever you land, you hadn't already dug a pit to fall in.

Not to mention the fact that some people DO move on from jobs that they enjoy. Sometimes you just want a change in life and it has nothing to do with "hating your job."
i wish i could "fail" like blizzard failed.. i suppose living like scrooge mcduck is a failure

the truth could very well be that rob pardo is building his money pit swimming pool for much needed r&r