RIP Monks

Monk
The only viable high Torment skill Exploding Palm was nerfed into oblivion, and Monks were given nothing to compensate.

Once again Blizzard shows that they truly hate Monks and want the class dead and gone.
Uniqueness in class design is frowned upon by Blizzard.
07/09/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Swampllama
Uniqueness in class design is frowned upon by Blizzard.

He said, immediately after Blizzard makes an ability literally every monk has on their bars no longer mandatory.
Don't act like there wasn't any compensation.

Dem mystic ally buffs.... mhmm... so freaking good!
Maybe us wizard pets can finally find an Master to walk us through the dungeons now!

It's PTR, they try things. Thing doesn't work. They try something else. Hopefully all the classes will be in a good place before it goes live. I'd hate to see pubs filled with nothing but DH and WD but, it's beginning to look like that's what we're going to get.
07/09/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Plazmasnake

Still, I'll take the %HP-Exploding Palm over the buffed up Mystic Ally any day... No more shatter-palms :(
07/09/2014 02:30 PMPosted by tzurutzi
07/09/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Plazmasnake

Still, I'll take the %HP-Exploding Palm over the buffed up Mystic Ally any day... No more shatter-palms :(

My trolling attempts must be so bad.
At this point, Blizz should just replace the monk patch notes with "The Monk class has been deleted from the game". No palm, no monk.
07/09/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Plazmasnake
07/09/2014 02:30 PMPosted by tzurutzi

My trolling attempts must be so bad.

Sorry about that, just couldn't shake the fact why would they do that to an integral monk skill...
Why don't we wait till Seasons actually go live on retail servers before we write off Monk?
Think we're jumping the gun here.
PTR changes aren't final.
07/09/2014 02:46 PMPosted by Aelous
Why don't we wait till Seasons actually go live on retail servers before we write off Monk?

PTR changes are uninspiring and Stormbreaker spec is being pushed. Can you not see it?
If they buffed our resource and our resource spenders, the EP nerf wouldn't be so bad.
They didn't buffed them and also didn't upgraded internal attack speed from generators which they suck.
07/09/2014 02:51 PMPosted by scrapz

PTR changes are uninspiring and Stormbreaker spec is being pushed. Can you not see it?

I understand what you're saying mate.
I am just saying this isn't a final product, we're still in the testing phase.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
One step at a time.

I do dislike the the whole "forcing people to play one spec" mentality but I'm going to wait till we get a final product before I write the game off.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I understand what you're saying mate.
I am just saying this isn't a final product, we're still in the testing phase.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
One step at a time.

I do dislike the the whole "forcing people to play one spec" mentality but I'm going to wait till we get a final product before I write the game off.

some of us have poured in hundreds, even thousands of hours into this bull!@#$ so you can decide if you want to write it on or off.

all my resist sets for all 4 of my monks got neutered from Harmony and the loss of OWE.

now my zdps monk is completely null and worthless.

all the rewards i earn in game and work my %^- for keep getting gutted
I was willing to give the dev the benefit of the doubt that they had a plan for when they removed EP so monks would still be viable...

Why I gave them the benefit of the doubt is beyond me. They have never given me reasons that I should give them the benefit of the doubt about monks in the past so why I gave them it is beyond me.

Maybe the next ptr patch......... but I'm not holding my breath

And after the patch, you will say "Well, next patch will fix it!"

And again and again into infinitum.

Don't worry. They will fix monks Soon(tm)

I don't trust them to do any good if we stopped crying. Remember the last major patch when monks were patient? There were no monk changes at all and added "We feel that monks are in a good place". Patience hasn't been a monk virtue since then.
RIP my monk, 2.0.6 t6 rift clear time average 10-12min, now its bloody same or 1min more on PTR, good job.
while other class clear time is faster now.

The problem is that the PTR changes make ZERO sense and don't address a single one of the 3 or 4 major issues that are making this class unplayable.

You need to look no further than changes like the TR nerf (because so many people used TR - actually, pretty much no one did) and the tiny damage buffs to generators (hint: generators not doing enough damage is a problem, but adding 40-60% extra weapon damage to them shows they have no idea why every single halfway decent monk build skips generators).

The problem is that the monk dev(s) clearly don't have any idea how to play the class and therefore have no real understanding of the shortcomings of the class. Of course, there's a lot of problems with monks, so it's not just one thing that needs to be fixed and that makes it complicated, but crusaders shared a lot of the same issues prior to the last major patch, and they managed to buff them enough to make crusaders competitive (even though crusaders still have some major problems, like wrath generators being awful).

It's even scarier because it was obvious to anyone who played the beta that monks were going to be one of the weakest classes in ROS, yet 2 months after launch you have blue posts saying "we think monks are in a good place, don't have any real plans to change them" - they only took that down after it caused such a huge sh*tstorm on the forums.