Reaper of souls expansion

General Discussion
What kind of features are in ROS Expansion?
Act 5
New Class
Remove AH and very restricted trading
Increase legendary drop by a lot
Smart loot (85% of items drop are usable for your character)
Some new legendaries
Rift and bounty mode

Season & leader board in next patch
07/12/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Tagle
Act 5
New Class
Some new legendaries
Rift and bounty mode

That's it? is there a new npc?
>.>
07/12/2014 06:05 PMPosted by darkeclipse
07/12/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Tagle
Act 5
New Class
Some new legendaries
Rift and bounty mode

That's it? is there a new npc?

yes, the mystic - can transmog items & reroll affixes on them.
Adventure Mode is a very good alternative to the story mode btw
Don't listen to anyone who gives ya a list of features*. The game is about rifts and rifts and more rifts, boring as hell, no more trading, hell , they cant even make transmog right.

When devs are saying they arent satisfied with legs after 2 years since launch, you know theres a major problem. Dont support this game since that's all they want, teh money. This kind of expansion should be free. PoE got a patch that is bigger and contain more !@#$ than RoS and its all free. ( im no poe fan as well though).

Get Dark Souls 1/2 and forget about this pos.
Try out the latest vanilla patch, and if you like it RoS is worth getting. They have similar features. Ladder is coming so it gives you a chance to start fresh with everyone else.
I haven't actually bought the expansion myself, but I got an opportunity to test drive it, and here's how I'd break it down:

Act 5 is entirely new content, and quite well done. The story itself is much stronger than any of the preceding 4 acts, the areas are much darker and more atmospheric, and the whole business just feels more like a Diablo game than anything up to this point. The Crusader (new class) was the source of some discontent early on, but has been completely overhauled and is now one of the best-constructed classes in the game; all of the parts just work, and work well together. The Mystic (new artisan), whom you unlock in act 5, is interesting, but not as game-changing as she was originally made out to be, unless you really love transmog; enchanting is finally mostly bug-free, but still isn't working really well, as you can probably guess just by the number of forum threads on the issue.

Adventure Mode is entirely recycled Story Mode content: the "bounties" that you run are just the same events and boss fights that you played though in the regular game, with the only difference being that you have their locations highlighted for you on the map. Blood shards and gambling aren't very interesting, either, and seem mainly to offset the loss of the legendary items that you'd get from killing the bosses on your first play-though after a Story Mode reset.

That leaves Rifts, which also mostly recycled content: randomly select one act to use for generating a dungeon level, randomly select a second act to use for populating it with monsters, rinse, and repeat for a few rift levels, and then cap it with a Rift Guardian. The RG's are neat, but the rest develops a feeling of sameness very quickly. The upcoming 2.1 patch will add Greater Rifts, which are sequential rifts of steadily increasing difficulty with leader boards attached, and Seasons, about which we currently know very little.

Is that worth $40? I still don't think so, but YMMV; at a lower price point, though, I might have been persuaded to buy in. Personally, I think Blizzard should add Adventure Mode to the "vanilla" game (minus the act 5 bounties, since you wouldn't have unlocked the areas involved), which would allow D3V players to experience the game without having to play through the games four weakest acts of story every time. It wouldn't add a lot of value for the players, but would help Blizzard: they're really not putting their best foot forward here, and could probably have won a lot more players over to RoS if they had.
Ya pretty much the only difference is that instead of farming acts you farm rifts through adventure mode. I got my moneys worth of playtime for 1 week, but if you are looking for a game to constantly play you won't find that in ROS.