Who Only Plays the Forums Currently?

General Discussion
Let's be honest, with seasons and 2.1 coming meaning lots of players starting over...who is just taking a nice long break on the forums? I'm not bothering in case I want to play 2.1, because the current end game has no replayability. I got all my items and there's nothing to do with my end game character. Am I supposed to mindlessly mow down monsters in T6 until one of those ultra rare legendaries drop and it makes me want to play a different class? No thanks.

Let's go over some facts here. There's no PvP or rewards for completing achievements, essentially no end game other than farming for legendaries I don't need anymore. So the next end game might be these "Greater Rifts" where people compete for Leaderboard status until they hit their gear wall (I've already hit one on PTR in a week). Then these players will take a nice long break until the next season, maybe they'll have "Greatest Rifts" next. Not being mean, just realistic, D3 needs some enticement for end gamers to actually continue playing. I didn't buy this game for the storyline, let me tell you. No insult to the casual community still wearing yellows but when you get to my level you'll see how boring it becomes...trust me.
I'm waiting on my PC to get fixed. Lightning struck near our house and fried the port that the Ethernet cable goes into.
Do you think the progression might be too fast? maybe we hit the gear wall too fast comparing to pre RoS? I agree with you to certain extent but I don't have faintest idea how they can implement non-rift pve end game to keep more hard core gamer engaging.
just waiting on the official 2.1 release patch notes. if I don't see any changes to the stacked rng loot system. I would be done with all blizzard games, not just D3. currently enjoying the hell out of divine divinity.
I honestly saw no point in grinding for gear for the simple fact that there is no point to get geared. LIke you said, once you can farm T6 what do you do then? You can't farm for trade or pvp so I really see no point in a gear grind.
Still playing and having a great time. Maybe you should try hardcore.
I saw this problem during the first week of release.
Dumped like 100-150hrs into RoS, got 2m ele elite dps and called it a day.
I managed around 1.5k hrs on D3V before I got bored, shame RoS didn't give as much value.

But yeah, nowadays I just pop on the forums to see if anythings changed.
See one guy pointing out the flaws and about 50 fanatics instantly clawing at his feet.
So I'm like fine, if your minuscule playerbase doesn't want to see change I'll just stay gone.

In my dream world blizzard would release a real money cosmetic store, so they actually have a monetary incentive to work for player retention.
But as it stands, I've already given them my money, they've already given me some content and the ride is over.

I want to play, I'm willing to pay. But they're not delivering.
There's no point just releasing another £50 expansion that claims to "fix" things, they've already lost my trust.

I'm getting suspicious with HS as well, I've dropped around £200 in that game because I was impressed with their frequent patches and re-balancing. Like D3 it's a good game with potential but there's no new content and they've been teasing naxxramas since april.

I am a player, not some cash cow to be milked with "soon"s and empty promises.
07/13/2014 12:40 AMPosted by GrimByte
I'm getting suspicious with HS as well, I've dropped around £200 in that game because I was impressed with their frequent patches and re-balancing. Like D3 it's a good game with potential but there's no new content and they've been teasing naxxramas since april.

I am a player, not some cash cow to be milked with "soon"s and empty promises.
HS is the same as D3 bro. 90% of the matches are decided by rng and the first draw. even the card abilities are rng based. I personally don't touch HS, but I have a friend who played it religiously till he realize the gameplay rng system. played it. he stopped about 2.5 months ago.
me
for a little over 2 months now and counting
07/12/2014 09:00 PMPosted by Thanoscopter
I got all my items and there's nothing to do with my end game character.

really? Looks like you have a pet wd and dot wd. Your wiz, barb need lots of stuff, you don't have a dex RoRG. You need to finish leveling your monk and crusader. I can't believe you haven't leveled a crusader and you say you don't have anything to do.

Get back out there slacker!
yep. i have no desire to continue beta testing this freakin game.

i find it mind boggling that blizzard can see fit to constantly make sweeping changes to game mechanics, items, and skills this late in the game.

if i wanted to beta test a game, i would happily do so as i have done multiple times in the past. but i've invested enough time into my demon hunter that starting over from scratch everytime a developer gets a red hair on his !@#$ and decides to nerf/fix/redesign something gamechanging is about as appealing to me as taking a hair dryer bath.

i only regret that there are no other games available to peak my interest at this time, so i am relegated to surfing these forums for even the slightest glimmer of hope that the dev team will wake up and stop breaking and fixing this game over and over and just let us play the freaking game free from constant interruption.
Yet another post by someone who plays way too much and can't understand why he's bored.
and yet another post by someone who plays very little and can't understand why he should keep his nonsequitor comments to himself.

have fun with the game wooddog. maybe in a year from now you will scratch your head and realize we were right.
07/13/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Zendiablo
07/12/2014 09:00 PMPosted by Thanoscopter
I got all my items and there's nothing to do with my end game character.

really? Looks like you have a pet wd and dot wd. Your wiz, barb need lots of stuff, you don't have a dex RoRG. You need to finish leveling your monk and crusader. I can't believe you haven't leveled a crusader and you say you don't have anything to do.

I said I got all the items for my end game character, not characters. Why are you picking at the others which are mules? You have a WD wearing a Goldskin for example (which doesn't even proc properly IIRC), among a lot of things wrong with most your chars.

Bottom line is I'm not going to waste time playing alts if I'm not getting any enjoyment from them, especially for a steep time investment....even if I played them nonstop they won't hold a candle to my Jade doc most likely. Rerolling is actually a sign of weakness and insecurity in other end game MMORPGs but in Diablo 3 I guess there's nothing else to do. On WoW for example there were plenty of guys who never reached the end game content because they were always switching from Alliance to Horde, Server to Server, Druid to Shaman, etc... Diablo 3 though especially with 2.1 and these seasons...we'll be strong armed into building up new chars from scratch by the loot mechanics.

Darn shame, I was hoping for more end game progression and things to do on the character I actually like playing. A game should be properly developed to keep your interest after maintaining max level but this one doesn't.
07/13/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Gomo
and yet another post by someone who plays very little and can't understand why he should keep his nonsequitor comments to himself.

have fun with the game wooddog. maybe in a year from now you will scratch your head and realize we were right.

Right about what exactly? That the game won't provide deep meaning to your life and doesn't hold up to being played nonstop forever? I already agree that you're right. I mean, I think I've sunk something like 500 hours into Diablo 3 and you consider me someone who plays "very little." I'm just saying I would be concerned for your mental health if you weren't bored at this point.
i looked at your gear, and made a value judgment based upon the given premise that in any game of chance, one's chance of winning is directly proportional to the amount of attempts.

thus i concluded that your playtime is significantly less than those of us posting in this thread, and that you were merely trolling vice adding anything of value to the conversation.

as such, i reversed your snide remark and applied it to you in order to prove a point. the fact that you missed my point altogether makes me shake my head in such a way as to suggest an "implied facepalm."

have a good day.
07/13/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Thanoscopter
07/13/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Zendiablo

I said I got all the items for my end game character, not characters. Why are you picking at the others which are mules? You have a WD wearing a Goldskin for example (which doesn't even proc properly IIRC), among a lot of things wrong with most your chars.

Bottom line is I'm not going to waste time playing alts if I'm not getting any enjoyment from them, especially for a steep time investment....even if I played them nonstop they won't hold a candle to my Jade doc most likely. Rerolling is actually a sign of weakness and insecurity in other end game MMORPGs but in Diablo 3 I guess there's nothing else to do. On WoW for example there were plenty of guys who never reached the end game content because they were always switching from Alliance to Horde, Server to Server, Druid to Shaman, etc... Diablo 3 though especially with 2.1 and these seasons...we'll be strong armed into building up new chars from scratch by the loot mechanics.

Darn shame, I was hoping for more end game progression and things to do on the character I actually like playing. A game should be properly developed to keep your interest after maintaining max level but this one doesn't.

First, I wasn't picking on you, I was joking with you. but then you picked on my characters...hmm, should I respond? Well just about the goldskin thing, I put that on because I have the bracers that get xp from gold picked up and the gloves do that rain gold from sky thing....So I recently thought I'd give it try as it didn't effect my big dog's damage. Not sure about the experience..1.6 billion xp for the next paragon lvl..hard to feel a difference..but I am getting a lot of gold. still waiting for smk..like forever.

Honestly, I'm with you, just getting the few pieces I need to push these toons to the final level and the reward of playing is diminishing when day after day , week after week this stuff wont drop..
While not giving up, I find I'm spending less time in game and more time in the forums.
07/13/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Gomo
i looked at your gear, and made a value judgment based upon the given premise that in any game of chance, one's chance of winning is directly proportional to the amount of attempts.

thus i concluded that your playtime is significantly less than those of us posting in this thread, and that you were merely trolling vice adding anything of value to the conversation.

as such, i reversed your snide remark and applied it to you in order to prove a point. the fact that you missed my point altogether makes me shake my head in such a way as to suggest an "implied facepalm."

have a good day.

I'm sure you probably do have significantly more play time invested than I do, and I wasn't trolling. I was pointing out the fact that people with a total play time approaching or even exceeding a thousand hours have no right to complain about "no replayability." Nobody is entitled to infinite entertainment for $60.
07/13/2014 02:55 PMPosted by Zendiablo

First, I wasn't picking on you, I was joking with you. but then you picked on my characters...hmm, should I respond? Well just about the goldskin thing, I put that on because I have the bracers that get xp from gold picked up and the gloves do that rain gold from sky thing....So I recently thought I'd give it try as it didn't effect my big dog's damage. Not sure about the experience..1.6 billion xp for the next paragon lvl..hard to feel a difference..but I am getting a lot of gold. still waiting for smk..like forever.

Honestly, I'm with you, just getting the few pieces I need to push these toons to the final level and the reward of playing is diminishing when day after day , week after week this stuff wont drop..
While not giving up, I find I'm spending less time in game and more time in the forums.

Okay man, sorry about the Goldskin. I would think wearing an Aughild's combo instead of Goldskin would help your dog's damage significantly, or just any chest with +Zombie dogs damage as a modifier. Last time I messed with Goldskin it was barely working, seemed broken, maybe they fixed it though. You're right though, it's not a big deal, none of the items do anything if we are just sitting on the forums. :)

I think most players eventually become like us. That SMK you are going for...you are no more likely to get one at Paragon 500 (and I see you are close to that) than you were at Paragon 1. You realize this though. I cut down my playtime significantly when I found Tasker and Theo. I gambled 50,000 shards on gloves and didn't get anything but St. Andrews and Magefists, then it drops in a random rift finally.

The only chars I played are the two Witch Doctors, I suppose I could hunt for the SMK too but with 2.1 coming the only possibility of me playing again is level 1 since the current loot table is boring. I think it'd be cruel if a SMK dropped last minute pre-2.1 and I couldn't use it on ladder. I'm playing to avoid that. Do you really want one to drop at this point? I'm assuming you might be doing ladder too if you are super bored of D3 like me...I might not even bother with ladder at all, depends how I feel at this point.
When I want serious entertainment I play the game.

When I want comedy, I read the forums.